Do you have a good reason to believe in god?

DREAMZZZ

Banned
Daps
Belief in God is properly basic. :kanyebp:

It's a reasonable inference to make based on observation, in the same way that belief in your own existence is a reasonable inference. Show me some empirical data that you exist, or that you're not just a brain floating in jar being fed sensory data. :mjlol:
Belief - Evidence = ? Its reasonable to believe in god based off of observing what? Lastly i never made the claim that I am not a brain in a jar so i have no burden of proof to bear. I could very well be a brain in a jar.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Belief - Evidence = ? Its reasonable to believe in god based off of observing what? Lastly i never made the claim that I am not a brain in a jar so i have no burden of proof to bear. I could very well be a brain in a jar.

My basic argument is that belief in God can't be swatted away off the bat as "irrational". It's a reasonable inference that there is a God, in the same way it's a reasonable inference that your body's senses are good enough to perceive empirical data. Seeing the wonder and complexity of life, nature, and physical science, it's not at all "irrational" to believe that there is a creator. (Also, I'm not saying that you're arguing that my belief in God is "irrational". Just laying down some premises.)

We believe many things without evidence all the time; these beliefs are called axioms. I argue that belief in God is axiomatic. This is apart from arguments for the Christian God, for the Bible, for evolution, for design, etc.; those are separate discussions. If we're simply talking about good reasons to believe in God, that's my answer.

DREAMZZZ

Banned
Daps
My basic argument is that belief in God can't be swatted away off the bat as "irrational".
The definition of irrational is: not logical or reasonable. If someone is making the claim that a God or Gods exists with no evidence, I would say that could be considered irrational or not logical.
It's a reasonable inference that there is a God, in the same way it's a reasonable inference that your body's senses are good enough to perceive empirical data.
This statement is flat out false. We have the scientific method to study the natural world. The data that we receive from interactions with the natural world can be tested and peer reviewed. How do you connect the natural world with a creator? What test can you do to prove that God created the natural world?
Seeing the wonder and complexity of life, nature
Complexity doesn't insinuate a creator.
We believe many things without evidence all the time
Are you insinuating that this is a good thing, or a path to truth?

DREAMZZZ

Banned
Daps
The creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

Or

A superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Because I live on this planet with other people. Sometimes their beliefs effect my life. Good question.

How does a Christian effect your life
maxresdefault.jpg

DREAMZZZ

Banned
Daps
How does a Christian effect your life
For one religion affects policy and people who win election in our government. Creationism is pushed by christian to be taught in our public schools, which affects the school system that is supported by my tax dollars. Need more examples?

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
For one religion affects policy and people who win election in our government. Creationism is pushed by christian to be taught in our public schools, which affects the school system that is supported by my tax dollars. Need more examples?

Yes.
maxresdefault.jpg

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

Or

A superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

I just got out of the hospitol, so it's hard for me to type. I can barely see so excuse me.

When people speak of god or GODs I feel like there is a distinction to be made between flesh and blood beings even if they deem themselves to be creators and what I would call an architect.

Being that i'm struggling as is, i'll try sand keep iy short and say that "gods" as most humans describe them i believe more often than not flesh and blood. For instance the god or gods of the bible are not architects, super- natural or moral authoritarians on anything. as we humans as we knoe ourselves to be advance in genetic manipulation there will come a day where we view ourzelvez as gods, as creators, and we are in that sense but we are not architechs, nor are we zuper-natural or unex[explainable to any life form with the cognitive ability to grasp the scope of our existence. You can' explain quanum phyusis to an ant, that doessn't mean it'z super-natural.

As for the distinctions and what I personally believe...yes, I believe in "gods" as in beings who may have been more technologically or even mathematically advanced and deemed themselves the moral authority over their chattel, much like we do no with animals. As for an architech, a creator, the "one" or all that is, i woulld say I am much more open to that Idea than I am the idea of this all being random, I don't NEED to believe in it...you remove that qwholw concept from my mindframe not much changes about how I feel about who, what I am.

I prpopse yhr idea that man is god, you dig?

I hope everbody is doing ok, I love you all, real shyt. Don't let the days or weeks events drag your perceptions of self down, please.

Peace.

DREAMZZZ

Banned
Daps
I just got out of the hospitol, so it's hard for me to type. I can barely see so excuse me.

When people speak of god or GODs I feel like there is a distinction to be made between flesh and blood beings even if they deem themselves to be creators and what I would call an architect.

Being that i'm struggling as is, i'll try sand keep iy short and say that "gods" as most humans describe them i believe more often than not flesh and blood. For instance the god or gods of the bible are not architects, super- natural or moral authoritarians on anything. as we humans as we knoe ourselves to be advance in genetic manipulation there will come a day where we view ourzelvez as gods, as creators, and we are in that sense but we are not architechs, nor are we zuper-natural or unex[explainable to any life form with the cognitive ability to grasp the scope of our existence. You can' explain quanum phyusis to an ant, that doessn't mean it'z super-natural.

As for the distinctions and what I personally believe...yes, I believe in "gods" as in beings who may have been more technologically or even mathematically advanced and deemed themselves the moral authority over their chattel, much like we do no with animals. As for an architech, a creator, the "one" or all that is, i woulld say I am much more open to that Idea than I am the idea of this all being random, I don't NEED to believe in it...you remove that qwholw concept from my mindframe not much changes about how I feel about who, what I am.

I prpopse yhr idea that man is god, you dig?

I hope everbody is doing ok, I love you all, real shyt. Don't let the days or weeks events drag your perceptions of self down, please.

Peace.
Hope you get well soon my dude. Thanks for your perspective on the subject.