Do you have a good reason to believe in god?

InfinateOpulance

All Star
Daps
I never stated anyone needed my approval to belief in a God or Gods. The thread was created to simply ask a question. Will you answer it?

The "reason" I believe in God is because of what I've seen and experienced in my own life. He's answered prayers, he's revealed things to me, he's protected me when I didn't deserve being protected.

DREAMZZZ

Banned
Daps
The "reason" I believe in God is because of what I've seen and experienced in my own life. He's answered prayers, he's revealed things to me, he's protected me when I didn't deserve being protected.
Most likely what you are doing is taking things that happen in your life and attributing them to God? Is there any way that you can prove that god was behind these situations in your life?

InfinateOpulance

All Star
Daps
Most likely what you are doing is taking things that happen in your life and attributing them to God? Is there any way that you can prove that god was behind these situations in your life?

No I can't prove anything to you because you will debate everything I say. If He's real to me then how you interpret my relationship with Him doesn't matter.

God is a Spirit, I am flesh and blood. How can I prove to you he exists? You actually just told me that.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
The Universe came out of nothingness.

Life formed out of nowhere.

This seems impossible, but here we are.

G-d is not a big ass humanoid in the sky. G-d is the entire Universe.

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
Because as a conscious being. . . I assume a conscious being created me as well. The unconscious surely couldn't create the conscious, right?

That's very logical if you ask me.

Some might say, we're not really conscious. . . . I would say, there couldn't be a more ironic statement.

DREAMZZZ

Banned
Daps
The Universe came out of nothingness.
How do you know this?
Life formed out of nowhere.
And this?
This seems impossible, but here we are.
Yes, it does seem impossible within the human scope of knowledge. The problem is that we don't know what we have yet to discover. Maybe 1,000 years from now, with new knowledge gained, this would seem very possible.
G-d is not a big ass humanoid in the sky. G-d is the entire Universe.
How do you know what form God takes? And is this concept of God even worth worship?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
How do you know this?

And this?

Yes, it does seem impossible within the human scope of knowledge. The problem is that we don't know what we have yet to discover. Maybe 1,000 years from now, with new knowledge gained, this would seem very possible.

How do you know what form God takes? And is this concept of God even worth worship?

G-d is everything. So G-d has taken all forms of which you and I are two (one?).

I don't know if G-d craves worship. I would imagine that G-d has no desires. There are no surprises. No disappointments. G-d already is "there" .. everywhere ..so does not travel.

Again, you are thinking of drawings that people make of mythical beings. Those are most likely not drawings of anything anyone has ever seen.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
And. How does anyone know anything? How do you know Australia exists?

You have to do the knowledge and decide what makes sense. They say atoms exist.. I just have to take that at face value.

DREAMZZZ

Banned
Daps
And. How does anyone know anything? How do you know Australia exists?

You have to do the knowledge and decide what makes sense. They say atoms exist.. I just have to take that at face value.
We use the scientific method, it helps us understand the natural world. Australia can be applied to the scientific method. We can go to Australia. We can speak to the people that live there. We can conduct studies and survey the land and people. We can have our research peer reviewed by disinterested parties. This is the foundation of finding out what is real and the best route we currently have to objective truth. Also, do you know why they say Atoms exists? It is because the Atom has been applied to the scientific method. You don't have to take it as face value, there is countless evidence for this.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
We use the scientific method, it helps us understand the natural world. Australia can be applied to the scientific method. We can go to Australia. We can speak to the people that live there. We can conduct studies and survey the land and people. We can have our research peer reviewed by disinterested parties. This is the foundation of finding out what is real and the best route we currently have to objective truth. Also, do you know why they say Atoms exists? It is because the Atom has been applied to the scientific method. You don't have to take it as face value, there is countless evidence for this.

How do YOU personally know?

You read about it. You saw a doc.

How do I know the Universe came from nothingness? Science says it did.

How do I know life came from nowhere? Any scientist will tell you that.

So you can question everything endlessly or you can draw a conclusion.

semtex

:)
Daps
tumblr_o14nkt12K91s3mekdo1_400.gif

camronNope-Copy.gif

you don't need a 'reason' to believe in god, If anything 'reasoning' hinders belief. This is why there is such emphasis on 'faith', faith is belief without evidence or reason.
Zackly

DREAMZZZ

Banned
Daps
How do YOU personally know?
I don't know.
How do I know the Universe came from nothingness? Science says it did.
No science doesn't state this. Science states that we don't yet know.
How do I know life came from nowhere? Any scientist will tell you that.
Science doesn't state this either. We don't yet know.
So you can question everything endlessly or you can draw a conclusion.
True, but the question from the OP still stands, do you have a good reason to believe the things that you believe?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I don't know.

No science doesn't state this. Science states that we don't yet know.

Science doesn't state this either. We don't yet know.

True, but the question from the OP still stands, do you have a good reason to believe the things that you believe?

I just told you.

You interpret the data differently so that's fine but my answer is my answer.

Somehow Hydrogen knows how to become the other 100+ elements and somehow dirt knows how to become DNA. You think this is a happy accident but that would be like a tree collapsing into a perfect bookshelf.

There is a direction to the activity in the Universe. A consciousness.

Quantum physics says that particles know when they are being observed. How Sway? Oh yeah you don't know yet.