Do You Have A GOOD Relationship With Your Father? (If Not, Why?)

Do You Have A Loving Relationship With Your Father?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
So, you guys know that I have an outstanding relationship with my parents. I cherish and plan on continuing my father's legacy. My parents are still together :smugbiden:

Anyway, I told my father when he picked me up today from work that I love him and appreciate him being my father. He :heh: ad said thanks Joe :jawalrus: I told him that it was you and my mother that made me into the honest young man that I am today.

The reason I made this thread is because every male should have a positive bond with his old man. My question is, do you have a good relationship with your father? If you don't will you try to establish one? You only get one father/dad in your life time. I told my dad today that I want a family and have a son, so I can be good to him like he was to me.

Alright discuss :cockyrubio:

LennoxWine

All Star
Daps
Nope. Without getting deep, I'll just say my father wasn't a good person. Not to me, not to my mother. I'd be foolish to want that type of negativity in my life just because we happen to share the same blood.

"Oh, but without him you wouldn't be here."

That doesn't give him permission to treat me any kind of way.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Nope. Without getting deep, I'll just say my father wasn't a good person. Not to me, not to my mother. I'd be foolish to want that type of negativity in my life just because we happen to share the same blood.

"Oh, but without him you wouldn't be here."

That doesn't give him permission to treat me any kind of way.
Damn man, sorry to hear that.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Nope...although we're cordial now. Ngga aint put no ball or tools in my hand growin up...:mjcry: Had to learn on my own comin up. He did trade-off my Nintendos, TVs, Genesis'...etc. for that hard tho...View media item 11373...Had mom dukes and I troopin in the middle a the nite across town to the police station a few times to get her wheel back cuz he traded that off for sum work to get high..:scusthov: Bunch of other fukkery like that. So no I dont fux wit that man like that to this day...:ufdup: I commend and admire others that have a great relationship with their father tho.

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Nope...although we're cordial now. Ngga aint put no ball or tools in my hand growin up...:mjcry: Had to learn on my own comin up. He did trade-off my Nintendos, TVs, Genesis'...etc. for that hard tho...View media item 11373...Had mom dukes and I troopin in the middle a the nite across town to the police station a few times to get her wheel back cuz he traded that off for sum work to get high..:scusthov: Bunch of other fukkery like that. So no I dont fux wit that man like that to this day...:ufdup: I commend and admire others that have a great relationship with their father tho.

Do we have the same Dad? I really think we do.