Do you have to accept Jesus to get into heaven?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
ab.aspectus said:
It's either the way you are structuring your sentences that is causing me to develop the wrong meaning behind your responses or you are just as all over the place. Either way, it's pointless to respond, because we'll be going in circles.

I know exactly what I'm saying, why I'm saying it, and where I'm going with it. My questions are very straightforward. If not, you could just ask what I mean.

Most people involved in these discussions simply take it for granted that all involved are using terms in the same manner.

I don't.

I'm in the same place I started and haven't budged from it.

Can't say the same of you as you're trying to disprove something without explicitly stating what it is you're trying to disprove or why.​

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just feel like the Creator should be the only one that should be praised.

I have no proof that Jesus was performing miracles but I have seen shyt that makes me believe God exists...(scary shyt actually feel like I was driven crazy by God or something..but that's another story).

I aint tryin to shyt on your beliefs breh but first thing is you gotta put semantics aside and get a correct understanding of what you are practicing. like what does "accept" Jesus really mean? are you accepting that he exists? are you accepting him as your savior? if so what is the basis of your acceptance? you kinda answered your own question by saying you have no proof. :yeshrug: if you cant truly believe it, how can you accept it?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
GPBear said:
Heaven isn’t real, breh.

Christianity is just a slave morality used to pacify the oppressed by making them think all their unjustified treatment will be rectified by punishing their oppressors in a false afterlife.

How did you determine that? What experiments did you (or.....anyone) perform to come to that conclusion?

Is 'slave morality' different than 'morality'? If so, what is the difference and how can one determine it?

Is there something wrong with pacification? If so, what, and why is it wrong?

What about those who believe in an 'afterlife' who are NOT oppressed and have not received 'unjustified treatment'?

What exactly qualifies as 'unjustified treatment'? Who determines what is and is not 'justified'?

:patrice:

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
When I was young, I got 'saved' by accepting Jesus into my heart, because I really wanted to go to heaven and not burn hell like the heathens I had heard about.

Then, one day, when I was a teenager, the thought came to me to ask an elder this - "if you have to accept Jesus into your heart in order to be saved from hell, then what about all those people who live in places where they have never heard of the name Jesus - like people in the bush or jungle, for instance. They are automatically going to hell?" I was considering how there might be some trifling white people in my own country who were Christian who had their pass to heaven but there were indigenous tribes in other parts of the earth who commune with Nature each day who would automatically be condemned to burn for eternity.

Of course, I never got a refute to this, but I did not need one because I realized then shyt doesn't make sense.

OAN, I remember living abroad in a Muslim country, and I was crossing the street one day with a 'heathen' coworker. We saw an old, blind man trying to cross the street. She told me to hold on and she went and helped this man cross. We didn't speak the language, and we weren't Muslim. Ironically, she was atheist and I always remembered feeling the need to tell her to get saved so she could save her soul. What's even more interesting is the thought of helping this old man never even crossed my mind. She saw him and just went to him. Watching her perform what some would call a 'Christian' act without having to made me, again, realize a lot of the shyt we are taught doesn't make sense.

Judging life on experience versus doctrine seems to be just too scary for some of us to do, I think.

To a dis-eased mind that's been indoctrinated and infected with improper thoughtforms it does. Although it may be said they are foregoing disbelief and forcing themselves to believe nonsense, so they can feel a false sense of knowing, and it makes them think they are good people.

Someone has used language (spoken and written forms), to program them, and have succeeded in corrupting their psyche and imaginations. Psychosis has been induced and religious delusion forged and fortified. They don't care if things make sense and they dont want to make sense of things.

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
IVS said:
To a dis-eased mind that's been indoctrinated and infected with improper thoughtforms it does.

Does that apply to the Soviet Union and China?

Also, who decides what 'proper thoughtforms' are? How are they determined? By what metric can it be determined what is 'proper' vs. 'improper'?

Was Martin Luther King, Jr. using 'improper thoughtforms'? How about Malcolm X? Sojourner Truth?

:jbhmm: