Do You Take Issue with UBISOFT Recycling Games?

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
So I got on ModernWarNegro's twitter to se if he had any uploads and I saw a link to this

He's right:jbhmm:

Their games borrow elements from one another and accommodate them to the style of play necessary for the game. It really is a series of hash ups and re-skins, especially if you look at Watch Dogs and The Division. I saw early on that The Division was what could be chalked up to Watch Dogs multiplayer expanded, but is that a problem?

If you really evaluate it, we're basically getting the same experience with new visuals, would you buy a hooptie with a fresh paint job?

If your answer is yes, then you're in agreement with the majority of gamers, we all really buy re-skins and reboots of games on a regular bases. COD is the most prominent example, but there are others such as DICE's BATTLEFIELD series.
HARD LINE
BATTLEFRONT
BATTLEFIELD
all are really just the same game with a new skin and the same price tag too:aicmon:

It seems like this gonna be the dominant trend in gaming for the foreseeable future:damn:

Clones clones and clones
50242c26e71717b60e7a8832978b75ef.jpg

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Aside of rayman I never really cared for Ubisoft games. They all seemed like the same bland mediocre bullshyt that we get enough of in games nowadays. To me reusing resources and aspects of old games and refining them in new ones is not a big deal to me unless the said game has something else going for it. This doesn't complement Ubisoft at all because the shyt that they make off jump is meh and reusing old shyt with your new meh shyt damn sure doesn't help.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
All companies reuse assets. That's why games from certain developers tend to have same color pallets, animations, etc.

It would be asinine for them to re up from scratch, every time.

The only thing I don't like about UBI, is that there games tend to be pretty lackluster on release and never live up to the initial reveal IMO

Vonte3000

Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
Aside of rayman I never really cared for Ubisoft games. They all seemed like the same bland mediocre bullshyt that we get enough of in games nowadays. To me reusing resources and aspects of old games and refining them in new ones is not a big deal to me unless the said game has something else going for it. This doesn't complement Ubisoft at all because the shyt that they make off jump is meh and reusing old shyt with your new meh shyt damn sure doesn't help.
I'm not a big Ubidoft fan either. All of their games have looked boring to me, the only gane I play from Uvidoft is rainbow six and even that is fukked up thanks to the shyt servers.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I read on neogaf that far cry primal uses the exact same map as far cry 4. They even had pics of both maps to prove it. I couldn't believe it :dead:
the same height-map apparently. good thing I never played Far Cry 3.5 4

Vonte3000

Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
All companies reuse assets. That's why games from certain developers tend to have same color pallets, animations, etc.

It would be asinine for them to re up from scratch, every time.

The only thing I don't like about UBI, is that there games tend to be pretty lackluster on release and never live up to the initial reveal IMO
I get with things like the Frost Engine or the CRISIS games they build on the same image, that's now what I'm saying here. The same open world, the same maps reused UBISOFT are not the only ones guilty of this.
FIFA
MLB
EA titles, also a pretty shady company (Which ones aren't these days)
Titles like these sports games shouldn't even warrant another entry in the series just dedicated DLC and updates, along with CoD, Assasin's Creed, Gears, Halo.

The only refreshing games (AAA) that I've played on this gen have been rainbow six and UFC.

Even Fallout 4 felt too familiar for me even though it was pretty good.

We need more Bioshocks and Infamous type games, the industry lacks innovation for me, I'm starting to not enjoy games lately, they're either broken at release or something I've done before.