Do you think we owe George Lucas an apology?

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Don’t get it fukked up, the prequels are plenty bad but at least Lucas did something different with the story. The PT felt like Star Wars movies, the ST doesn’t. They look and feel like fan films with a high budget.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I'm almost 100% sure if Lucas let Spielberg do the final cuts for the 2nd trilogy we would've thought it was a masterpiece. Young Anakin and Jar Jar were the two biggest problems, but nothing nowhere near as a bad as the last Jedi or rise of Skywalker

calh45

Cal
Daps
I'm almost 100% sure if Lucas let Spielberg do the final cuts for the 2nd trilogy we would've thought it was a masterpiece. Young Anakin and Jar Jar were the two biggest problems, but nothing nowhere near as a bad as the last Jedi or rise of Skywalker

Also, I think it should've been first movie was him getting trained, the second one was his downfall, and the third movie was a complete Vader movie with no Anakin at all.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Don’t get it fukked up, the prequels are plenty bad but at least Lucas did something different with the story. The PT felt like Star Wars movies, the ST doesn’t. They look and feel like fan films with a high budget.
Plus, the terrible attempts at "humor" in the new trilogy take me right out of it. :gag:

Also, I think it should've been first movie was him getting trained, the second one was his downfall, and the third movie was a complete Vader movie with no Anakin at all.

If it were me, I would have the first movie be a combination of the the best parts of Ep1 and Ep2, the 2nd movie would be from the Clone Wars up to the death of General Grevious, and the 3rd movie would be the fall of Vader to the Dark Side.

But I know Lucas has said he hates time jumps/flashbacks, so he never would have done it this way.

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Plus, the terrible attempts at "humor" in the new trilogy take me right out of it. :gag:

If it were me, I would have the first movie be a combination of the the best parts of Ep1 and Ep2, the 2nd movie would be from the Clone Wars up to the death of General Grevious, and the 3rd movie would be the fall of Vader to the Dark Side.

But I know Lucas has said he hates time jumps/flashbacks, so he never would have done it this way.
One of the ideas for RoTS was to have Anakin already in the Vader armor for the duel with Obi-Wan.

calh45

Cal
Daps
One of the ideas for RoTS was to have Anakin already in the Vader armor for the duel with Obi-Wan.

This would've been :wow:

It's wild to me that Rogue One is the only film to get Vader right in terms of the hype of how powerful he was. He had 15 seconds of screentime at the end of Rogue One was I was :picard: in the movie theater.

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
This would've been :wow:

It's wild to me that Rogue One is the only film to get Vader right in terms of the hype of how powerful he was. He had 15 seconds of screentime at the end of Rogue One was I was :picard: in the movie theater.
It would’ve made more sense continuity wise. Obi-Wan wouldn’t have known it was Anakin so him saying Vader killed Anakin in Episode 4 would’ve made more sense. The same with killing Padmé. She was going to give birth to Luke and Leia and then confront Vader with a knife.

Buddha

The fall is all we know.
Daps
Reppin
Nowhere
I don't know if was the acting or writing but I never felt a great relationship between Anakin and Obi Wan. Anakin's descent came across as hollow.
The problem is you're thinking about the acting and applying that level of quality to every aspect of the movies. Imagine if the prequels were made into 3 books instead. They would do much better aside from a few cringy lines.

I could write pages about the character dynamics of Anakin and Obi but it ain't that serious. If you don't like the movies then you don't. The special effects of Star Wars were groundbreaking either way and that's something everyone can agree on.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
George may be a good dude, but he's an ok director and mediocre write. His strength is in the editing room. With that being said he had a lot of help around him during his earlier movies.
His ex-wife edited A New Hope, and won an Oscar.

George Lucas’ big strength was the team around him and a lack of technology.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is you're thinking about the acting and applying that level of quality to every aspect of the movies. Imagine if the prequels were made into 3 books instead. They would do much better aside from a few cringy lines.

I could write pages about the character dynamics of Anakin and Obi but it ain't that serious. If you don't like the movies then you don't. The special effects of Star Wars were groundbreaking either way and that's something everyone can agree on.
They're not books, so I'm judging on a movie level. Where in my post did I say Star Wars special effects weren't groundbreaking

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I love lucas but lets be honest he went off the rails in the OG trilogy with the ewoks...:mjlol: the whole movie should have just been dark and violent without emphasis on the ewoks, if he kept them to a minimum I would have been happy...:pachaha:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I love lucas but lets be honest he went off the rails in the OG trilogy with the ewoks...:mjlol: the whole movie should have just been dark and violent without emphasis on the ewoks, if he kept them to a minimum I would have been happy...:pachaha:
Or, better yet, he should have played up the violent tendencies of the Ewoks.
I've seen Lucas himself say that they were originally inspired by the American perception of the Viet Cong. They should be little monsters like "Gremlins" or "Critters".

Somewhere along the line they got turned into marketable teddy bears

"FRIENDS FOREVER!!!!" :snoop: