Do you think we owe George Lucas an apology?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
While we're on the subject of long forgotten EU stuff from the George Lucas era, looking for the Ewoks cartoon on Youtube brought up a "related" link to this:

Even when I hated the Ewoks, I used to actually love the "Droids" cartoon. But I can't remember much about it. :old:.I haven't heard anyone even mention this in decades.
Whoever thought to hire the guy from "The Police" to make an 80's synthesized theme for Star Wars? I can't decide if its just the nostalgia talking, but part of me thinks this is brilliant and I wish I could see more of this.

From the clip, the animation looks similar to the "Heavy Metal" movie. As I get older I'm getting more respect for that kind of stuff, since it looks a bit different from either the regular Hanna Barberra or the Japanese Anime style cartoons you saw back then. Plus, from the scenes we see in the intro I like what we see in this version of the pre-Episode 4 "Imperial Era".

Edit:
Star Wars: Droids
Star Wars: Droids was considered part of the canonical Expanded Universe for some time. Issue with it first arose with the release of Episode One (which has C-3PO being made by Anikan which is counter to the chronology of the Droids series which has him being the product of Human Cyborg Relations like other 3PO units), and with Episode Three ending with C-3PO in service to Captain Antilles. It would not be untill after the release of Episode Three that George Lucas would officially revoked this series from Canon, and such wouldn't be enforced untill Disney got a hold of the rights to Star Wars and denounced the majority of the Expanded Universe.

Last edited:

Buddha

The fall is all we know.
Daps
Reppin
Nowhere
They're not books, so I'm judging on a movie level. Where in my post did I say Star Wars special effects weren't groundbreaking
You ain't even reading what I'm saying, breh..

The prequels have bad acting and directing but the scripts are decent. People however act as if every part of the movies are trash. You can see the scripts for yourself online.

I didn't say you said anything about the effects I just said it's something we can agree on. Apparently not though..

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I love lucas but lets be honest he went off the rails in the OG trilogy with the ewoks...:mjlol: the whole movie should have just been dark and violent without emphasis on the ewoks, if he kept them to a minimum I would have been happy...:pachaha:
Your name came from the prequels.:mindblown:

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
This would've been :wow:

It's wild to me that Rogue One is the only film to get Vader right in terms of the hype of how powerful he was. He had 15 seconds of screentime at the end of Rogue One was I was :picard: in the movie theater.
Vader at his core is a horror movie villain. Yes. I said it. He was over exposed in most movies. What R1 got right was how he became so feared. Not for choking people at conferences. But for slaughtering whole squads like cattle. The Vader Down story arc and the Darth Vader comics from Marvel did a great job of that.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Vader at his core is a horror movie villain. Yes. I said it. He was over exposed in most movies. What R1 got right was how he became so feared. Not for choking people at conferences. But for slaughtering whole squads like cattle. The Vader Down story arc and the Darth Vader comics from Marvel did a great job of that.
The comics are definitely where it's at when it comes to Vader's story arc. I'm gonna have to cop those.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Your name came from the prequels.:mindblown:

I mean it did...:troll:

there was time lucas did shyt that sorely was not needed in the OG trilogy... namely the ewoks...:mjlol: The Return of the Jedi was great but the ewoks ruined it for me...:bryan: I'm just stating my opinion...

voltronblack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean it did...:troll:

there was time lucas did shyt that sorely was not needed in the OG trilogy... namely the ewoks...:mjlol: The Return of the Jedi was great but the ewoks ruined it for me...:bryan: I'm just stating my opinion...
:jbhmm: what do you think of bady yoda from the mandalorian me personally I see him as being no different from the ewoks that people were :camby: toward but this bady yoda they eat right up there just something funny about it to me :mjgrin:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:jbhmm: what do you think of bady yoda from the mandalorian me personally I see him as being no different from the ewoks that people were :camby: toward but this bady yoda they eat right up there just something funny about it to me :mjgrin:

Baby yoda is great in small doses...:blessed: they've struck a good balance with the mandalorean scenes and baby yoda's... I found the show to be great... I know george lucas is not at the helm anymore but its a universe he created which has tons of potential... in ROTJ they spent TOO much time with the ewoks, not enough on luke, vader and the emperor...

The thing which ruined star wars the movies at least was the helming of KK and her shoehorning in this female agenda & insisting they had NO LORE to draw inspiration from...:snoop: she was the posion pill breh...