Doctor told me that smoking weed could cause Lung Cancer

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The thing with pot is you don't smoke too much to get the effect

The smoke is harmful but there's much less of it

Get a vape if you are worried about it but its really no big deal. Though I wouldn't smoke blunts too often
Basically.

Also, for the most part, the amount of chemicals in weed vs. the average cigarette is'nt even worth comparing.

Now if you smoke weed AND cigs...you're probably gonna get cancer. A lot of my friends smoke them cancer sticks and the herb cause they say it feels a lot better to smoke a cig after burning. Ugh...the thought of cigarette smoke in my mouth makes me sick breh

I'm about to cop this pocket vape for 249...shyt has rechargeable batteries and everything.

Avoid papers and shyt...hit up your local corner store for a fronto.

I'm actually about to order some edibles off the Silk Road in a few days :scheme:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Some of the cigars that people tend to roll their weed in (Dutches and Bluntvilles) has dangerous compounds, such as nicotine, that may cause Cancer. Fronto leaf is an all natural tobacco leaf devoid of Cancer causing elements. It's the preferred wrap for Rastafarians.

nicotine does not cause cancer. it is a mild stimulant on par with caffeine.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically.

Also, for the most part, the amount of chemicals in weed vs. the average cigarette is'nt even worth comparing.

Now if you smoke weed AND cigs...you're probably gonna get cancer. A lot of my friends smoke them cancer sticks and the herb cause they say it feels a lot better to smoke a cig after burning. Ugh...the thought of cigarette smoke in my mouth makes me sick breh

I'm about to cop this pocket vape for 249...shyt has rechargeable batteries and everything.

I'm actually about to order some edibles off the Silk Road in a few days :scheme:
Magic Flight Launchbox or nuttin else breh
Magic-Flight.com - Official Home of the Launch Box Vaporizer

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

wiki said:
The LD50 of nicotine is 50 mg/kg for rats and 3 mg/kg for mice. 30–60 mg (0.5–1.0 mg/kg) can be a lethal dosage for adult humans. Nicotine therefore has a high toxicity in comparison to many other alkaloids such as cocaine, which has an LD50 of 95.1 mg/kg when administered to mice. It is unlikely that a person would overdose on nicotine through smoking alone, although overdose can occur through combined use of nicotine patches or nicotine gum and cigarettes at the same time. Spilling a high concentration of nicotine onto the skin can cause intoxication or even death, since nicotine readily passes into the bloodstream following dermal contact.

Historically, nicotine has not been regarded as a carcinogen and the IARC has not evaluated nicotine in its standalone form and assigned it to an official carcinogen group. While no epidemiological evidence supports that nicotine alone acts as a carcinogen in the formation of human cancer, research over the last decade has identified nicotine's carcinogenic potential in animal models and cell culture. Nicotine has been noted to directly cause cancer through a number of different mechanisms such as the activation of MAP Kinases. Indirectly, nicotine increases cholinergic signalling (and adrenergic signalling in the case of colon cancer), thereby impeding apoptosis (programmed cell death), promoting tumor growth, and activating growth factors and cellular mitogenic factors such as 5-LOX, and EGF. Nicotine also promotes cancer growth by stimulating angiogenesis and neovascularization. In one study, nicotine administered to mice with tumors caused increases in tumor size (twofold increase), metastasis (nine-fold increase), and tumor recurrence (threefold increase).

Though the teratogenic properties of nicotine may or may not yet have been adequately researched, women who use nicotine gum and patches during the early stages of pregnancy face an increased risk of having babies with birth defects, according to a study of around 77,000 pregnant women in Denmark. The study found that women who use nicotine-replacement therapy in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy have a 60% greater risk of having babies with birth defects, compared to women who are non-smokers.

it's pretty much a natural insecticide, like many of the drugs we enjoy :ahh:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I agree. Nicotine is a form of niacin, and I think people who are addicted to smoking may be low in niacin and may be self medicating with smoking so much.

Nicotine in low amounts, and taken in plant form(tobacco leaf) isn't bad for you. In fact it may protect nerves and extend age as it helps prevent telomeres from being shortened by activating them. This can be a bad thing if you eat horrible as this means unhealthy cells won't die and can continue living and turning into cancer. It's the additives they add to cigarettes, how they grow the plant with certain fertilizers(high in radiation), the curing methods(air curing is best), and people smoking too much that cause a problem, not the plant itself.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14568117

Nicotine upregulates nerve growth factor expression and prevents apoptosis of cultured spinal cord neurons.

OTC

+
Daps
Reppin
Austin, Texas
Peep these brehs If you're looking for an alternative to tobacco wraps

jjvl823.jpg

Amico Sweet Palm Wraps - Creamy Coconut - Grasscity.com

They're definitely worth it :noah: I'm about to order some more

These and RAW Cones is all I roll up with.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically.

I used to smoke fronto, and a nice thin paper like RAW is way better then fronto or any other blunt because they are so thin which means very little substances being burned(the paper) so you get more flavor, more of a true high from the herb, and less burnt matter which means better for your health. The RAW papers also have the benefit of not being bleached so that is even more of a plus for better health. If you have potent herb, rolling a nice small joint, and taking a few puffs is good to get nice while still not messing with your health.

Both of them don't compare to eating ,and vaping, when done right though.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The MFLB is the shyt, if you know what you're doing. The pax is cool but for beginners or people who don't really care about utilizing herb to get mega blazed.

With the MFLB you can manipulate the temperature with the power adapter so you can inhale the essential oils first(taste,odor) after 5 seconds of inserting the battery, then raise it to get the cannabinoids. Because it heats up so fast you can finish a session QUICK. With the battery you can do the same thing but it takes a little longer to reach 396f to release most of the thc within the plant. It takes about 15 seconds, but this is a good thing because it allows you to take in the essential oils first, and then finish off with the thc. You want to take everything in slowly as you get more bang for your buck. When you take everything in fast, most of the actives are exhaled as well as over time your tolerance is raised which means less effect, and needing more to get the same effect. You also weaken your nerves which is why so many people stop getting the positives of herb when they smoke so much over the years.

Also, the mflb has a lifetime warranty and requires only batteries that you can get at the store to use it which means it can last a lifetime. It uses just wood and a stainless steel screen so you don't have to worry about electronics melting, and off gassing causing, health concerns.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The MFLB is the shyt, if you know what you're doing. The pax is cool but for beginners or people who don't really care about utilizing herb to get mega blazed.

With the MFLB you can manipulate the temperature with the power adapter so you can inhale the essential oils first(taste,odor) after 5 seconds of inserting the battery, then raise it to get the cannabinoids. Because it heats up so fast you can finish a session QUICK. With the battery you can do the same thing but it takes a little longer to reach 396f to release most of the thc within the plant. It takes about 15 seconds, but this is a good thing because it allows you to take in the essential oils first, and then finish off with the thc. You want to take everything in slowly as you get more bang for your buck. When you take everything in fast, most of the actives are exhaled as well as over time your tolerance is raised which means less effect, and needing more to get the same effect. You also weaken your nerves which is why so many people stop getting the positives of herb when they smoke so much over the years.

Also, the mflb has a lifetime warranty and requires only batteries that you can get at the store to use it which means it can last a lifetime. It uses just wood and a stainless steel screen so you don't have to worry about electronics melting, and off gassing causing, health concerns.
:ehh::obama: