Doctor Who Appreciation Thread

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Enjoyed it. Great to see Mel back. NPH was great as The Toymaker, really camp and over the top.

I’m unsure on Gatwa. His accent needs to settle on Scottish, English or Rwandan. It’s all over the place. Has good energy but he comes across a bit creepy at times.

Xmas trailer

We’ll see how the future goes. They’re releasing a song from the Xmas special tomorrow. I think there’s going to be a fair bit of musical numbers coming next series…

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
LOVED the first two.

Loved the third til that ending. :francis:

5th dimensional imp level villain really just..... missed a catch. Couldn't have either Doctor just fake a throw and just drop the ball.

The Doctor creating superstition at the edge of the universe may have made the regeneration possible..... but it leaves the door open for a LOT of shyt that I'm sure RTD gonna ignore (vampires, The War In Heaven, etc)

There's two Tennants..... and no Valeyard. Yet. I'm hoping they do something besides Dalek/Cybermen/rhinos/whatever else. There's too much lore to not delve.

Id ALSO like to note that this was the FIRST TIME in the ENTIRETY of the 60 year history that The Doctor met himself..... and was kind and affectionate off the bat. It speaks VOLUMES to the fact that The Doctor learned to like him/itself between chilling with Donna and regenerating into Ncuti,

Also, watching the trailer for the upcoming special, Ncuti reminds me of Big Finish 8th. Early 8th. Before The Dalek Invasion of Earth (hasnt happened on TV, It's a fixed point The Doctor avoids after being stuck in it twice. Susan is/was there. It was an ugly time.)

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The cinematography looks better than the 14 specials.

The cringe was high in certain parts but overall 15 did a good job

The goblins were pretty forgettable and not sure about those gloves

I don’t like the Wonkaesque granny and mom in the attic.

Timeless Child!!

Mrs Flood is somebody…

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Ruby has some nice tittays :noah:

Clara is still the GOAT pawgniom thou :whew:

Who the fukk is the old neighbor? :ohhh:

Yeah they dressed her like Clara but she a pawg like Rose.

The neighbor might have been switched out or came back from the future during the episode( similar to 11’s speech to Amy in the Time of the Angels).

The mom is probably a time traveler. That’s why her DNA isn’t around. It doesn’t exist yet.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
I absolutely loved that. The sound mix is atrocious especially in the first 15 mins but that was a proper ‘here we go again’.

Won’t mean a lot to non uk viewers but Mrs Flood aka “Never seen a TARDIS before” is Anita Dobson who played Angie Watts in Eastenders. Who I think had the highest viewers in UK TV history for an iconic episode of the soap way waaaaay back in the late 80’s on Xmas day no less.

Ncuti is great. So full of energy and both him and Millie Gibson acted their arses off. Impressive debut.

I was concerned after the cringiest that was the Goblin Song that they had been promoting but in episode it was around a minute and ignorable.

I’m wondering if Ruby’s birth mother could be
The Duchess?

Character from the Regency era episode spotted in a single frame of the trailer. Played by Indira Varma aka Suzi Costello. Original member of Torchwood. Also my best guess for who picked up the Master in gold tooth form at the end of The Giggle.

Two hearts seems to be of importance to The Meep’s boss. Could The Duchess finally be The Rani

Either that or Mrs Flood is Ruby.

No idea but Who is exciting again. I know there’s going to be a lot of controversial stuff coming up. It will be for some and not for others. I just hope they keep the singing down.

Last edited:

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Oh and obviously episode 2 of the new series is going to be fantastic I reckon. With a big battle in Abbey Road studios with The Beatles!

This might be of interest to you all. I’m unable to put it in the drive like most things the past few weeks but it’s on YT

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Also should mention that today was tinged with a bit of sadness with the passing of 3rd Doctor companion and UNIT legend Captain Mike Yates played by Richard Franklin who sadly died this morning.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I absolutely loved that. The sound mix is atrocious especially in the first 15 mins but that was a proper ‘here we go again’.
I see this mentioned on Reddit and didn’t notice it at all.

Ncuti’s accent takes some getting used to as an American but I could hear everything. And Murray Gold during 11’s era used to play that bombastic I am the Doctor at every turn.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
finally watched this
missed when it aired because i was watching the Raiders game

I enjoyed it, smaller in scope, self contained, the episode did not feel rushed
set up just enough questions to keep you interested for upcoming season.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I liked everything but the goblins.

It would make sense that The Doctor would be interested in the "language of luck". But look at his life. Guess he finally had time to stop and think about it. I wish I could find the quote where an enemy called him out on how "lucky" he is. Something about the laws of casuality warping around him like a lens. will edit it in this post if I come across it.

Ruby Sunday looks like someone threw Amy, Rose and Clara in a blender. It works.

Anybody peep how Mrs. Flood's front door looks like The Doctor's TARDIS? edit: okay, well all the doors on her street do, but still. Let's have fun speculating.

All in all I enjoyed it. New Who is always welcome.