Doctor Who Appreciation Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I know they don’t want to attach too much importance to Susan since the character hasn’t been seen in 50 years but the way they talk about her possibly being dead as, the Doctor wouldn’t go looking for her is a bizarre choice.

He spent a 24 years with River before sending her off to die but can’t be bothered to make sure Susan is okay?

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Some thoughts on the first 2 episodes.

Was alright, exposition heavy at times but par for the course for opening episodes. Monster design was great, the babies were arguably creepier. Big far from the space station and off they go to their new home.

Much preferred this one although it totally shyt the bed at the end with that song and dance number. No more of this please! Maestro was very over the top and camp likesome classic villains.

Overall, the hints to the arc and some nice call backs. I'm not totally sold on Ruby though, finding her a bit annoying. Also interesting playing spot the actress Susan Twist.

Next week, Boom and the return of Moffat.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
I love Ruby's theme. Or what I think is Ruby's theme. If I have the time once i'm done watching i'll search it up and post it.

I love all the companion themes by murray gold. Rose, Martha, Amy, Clara... Wish I could say Bill's, but I can't even remember it. Liked her character though.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Absolute fukking shyte. He's writing 'Joy To The World' the xmas special too...

Interesting that the new companion actress was in it though.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
You can’t seriously think that kid actor did well.

You cared about that other soldier dying after his love confession?
idgaf about that stupid little girl :mjlol: i wanted to see what ncuti could do, and he really impressed me. im fully on board with him as the doctor now whereas i wasn't convinced with the other episodes.

and yeah they could have built up that other soldier a bit more but the actual scene itself was sad if you can extend any empathy at all to Mundy. overall i thought it was really good and well written with all the callbacks and humor.

maybe it's cuz all of the chib dudes run was ass and the recent davies episodes aside from the toymaker one have been kinda weird/weak, but i liked this a lot.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
idgaf about that stupid little girl :mjlol: i wanted to see what ncuti could do, and he really impressed me. im fully on board with him as the doctor now whereas i wasn't convinced with the other episodes.

and yeah they could have built up that other soldier a bit more but the actual scene itself was sad if you can extend any empathy at all to Mundy. overall i thought it was really good and well written with all the callbacks and humor.

maybe it's cuz all of the chib dudes run was ass and the recent davies episodes aside from the toymaker one have been kinda weird/weak, but i liked this a lot.
Considering the entire episodes ending is based on you caring about the girl and her dad, i think you should.

I already liked Gatwa/15 so I didn’t need to be convinced. Sounds like you are grading this episode on how you feel about the show in general and not the episode.

Moffat already did this much better in Flesh and Stone. Empathy for the Anglican Marines, Amy(can’t see) and Doctor(can’t move) companion dynamic, the ongoing season mystery woven into how the character gets through it. The Doctor used the enemies power against them instead of AI pep talk to beat other AI.

It would feel like I’m grading this on a curve because I like Moffat if I didn’t acknowledge the flaws.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
“You’re a dad. We don’t let our kids down.”

SpongeBob narrator voice: one episode earlier

“My granddaughter is probably dead. I haven’t gone to check”

:gucci:

That’s not on Moffat but it was a total head scratcher

So I’m guessing Ruby is on some Percy Jackson half-blood stuff with the Pantheon.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Considering the entire episodes ending is based on you caring about the girl and her dad, i think you should.

I already liked Gatwa/15 so I didn’t need to be convinced. Sounds like you are grading this episode on how you feel about the show in general and not the episode.

Moffat already did this much better in Flesh and Stone. Empathy for the Anglican Marines, Amy(can’t see) and Doctor(can’t move) companion dynamic, the ongoing season mystery woven into how the character gets through it. The Doctor used the enemies power against them instead of AI pep talk to beat other AI.

It would feel like I’m grading this on a curve because I like Moffat if I didn’t acknowledge the flaws.
i liked the dad aspect, but i didn't care that the daughter wasn't the best actress. maybe im biased because ive grown to like moffat and his writing and it's been such a long time since we got a story that feels like this.