Documentary on Michael Jordan’s years as Washington Wizards executive and second comeback in the works

Will you watch?

• Total voters

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
anything that doesnt paint Mike as a god is quickly rejected by most.

This doc won't do much numbers honestly

people are still trying to forget the Wizards years

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
that awkward moment when Lebron is still one of the best players in the NBA at 38

MJ lost all his athleticism unlike bron yet played well enough with just fundamentals alone.

If jordan had his athleticism then no doubt he would've been the best player in the league at that age. On a flip side, flabby bron with no athleticism is an ugly sight.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't see it.

The Last Dance covered the parts of Jordan's career that people cared about most. Unless a documentary delves deeper into Jordan's personal life off the court (like his marriage and family) I don't think there's any interest. And even that probably doesn't have much to offer.

Documentaries have already been made on the biggest athletes of the last 100 years.

The Last Dance for Michael Jordan.
Ken Burns' 4 part documentary on Muhammad Ali.
The ESPN documentary on OJ Simpson.
Mike Tyson's own autobiography "The Undisputed Truth" -- which is he also performed live, along with "Tyson", the 2008 James Toback documentary.

You have numerous ESPN 30 for 30 films for smaller scale stories.

I think the biggest documentaries left for one to make (currently, anyway) would focus on Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Though I don't think the public would learn much of anything new. Especially in this era where just about everything is publicized.

I don't think a documentary on MLB's steroid era would be all that great. But a tv show or a miniseries about the steroid era could be amazing. Real life players accused of using would almost certainly refuse to cooperate or agree to their names being used. But that could be good if done right. (Sports shows/movies are notoriously difficult to get right)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope he can figure out a way to irritate Scottie on this one. Perhaps they got MJ on film laughing while the Blazers loss they’re lead to the lakers.

Maybe they can somehow incorporate that his son is fukkin his ex wife.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I have that book. In hindsight his Wizard years are underrated and I think it even further cements his GOAT status. Haters say Jordan was going up against plumbers in his day but 01’-03’ Mike was having duels with all the wing players of the early 00’s in their physical primes and holding his own, putting up numbers as an old player with very little athleticism left.

Wilbon thought the depiction of MJ was unfair and all that. But shid was true.

That book was really good. Wildly underrated when it comes to sports books and Jordan in general.

One of the most interesting things about it is how it reflected the attitudes of players before the Load Mangement Era. Something I always respected about Jordan was one of his comments regarding playing, which was something along the lines of, "it could be someone's only time to see me play and they paid a lot of money for the tickets, so I owe it to them to suit up if I'm physically able."

A constant theme throughout his first season was knee pain and getting his knee drained. Over and over again, Doug Collins was begging him to sit out or reduce his minutes and Jordan refused. Eventually, his knee gave out and he was never the same afterwards.

Jordan didn't keep himself in tip-top shape during his retirement, plus Artest broke his ribs. He ramped up his activity level more than his body could handle at that age when he was gearing up for his return.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
That book was really good. Wildly underrated when it comes to sports books and Jordan in general.

One of the most interesting things about it is how it reflected the attitudes of players before the Load Mangement Era. Something I always respected about Jordan was one of his comments regarding playing, which was something along the lines of, "it could be someone's only time to see me play and they paid a lot of money for the tickets, so I owe it to them to suit up if I'm physically able."

A constant theme throughout his first season was knee pain and getting his knee drained. Over and over again, Doug Collins was begging him to sit out or reduce his minutes and Jordan refused. Eventually, his knee gave out and he was never the same afterwards.

Jordan didn't keep himself in tip-top shape during his retirement, plus Artest broke his ribs. He ramped up his activity level more than his body could handle at that age when he was gearing up for his return.
Sadly him running into Etan Thomas really fukked his shyt up. It also made his numbers look worse because he got that surgery and then returned in around a month and kept playing when he wasn't ready.