Does Will Smith have a "classic" movie?

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Will Smith is my favorite actor. In fact, he's my favorite person alive.

Love that video. He really is infectious. I tend to enjoy his movies more than any other actor. His movies also have the highest replay value with me. But what is Will Smiths Magnum Opus? Whats this nikkas Illmatic? Has he even made one yet?

You can look at all of his peers in Hollywood...all the ones that can demand his type of rate at least...and find that 1 movie they have made that will be on everyones best 100 movies of all time list.

Jamie Foxx: Ray
Johnny Depp: Edward Scissorhands
Brad Pitt: Fight Club
Christian Bale: Dark Knight, The Fighter
Leonardo DiCaprio: Inception, WOWS
Adrien Brody: The Pianist
Matt Damon: Saving Private Ryan, Good Will Hunting
Tom Cruise: Magnolia, Rain Man
Denzel Washington: American Gangster

We can look at those movies and say not only did that actor produce a phenomenal performance, but the movie is one of the greatest movies of all time.

But what about little Willy from Philly? Whats his best movie? Pursuit of Happyness I guess. Loved the movie, its just in the same tier of great movies/performances like The Pianist nor Ray.

I think Ali was supposed to be his classic. But the movie didnt turn out as well as they had anticipated. Although Will did his part, I think the script was lacking so the movie came up short.

If you ask me, Will needs to step away from the blockbusters, and find a script that will really cement his legacy. He deserves to be in a film we can point to and say is one of the greatest movies of all time.,

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This thread was badly thought out because it is universally acknowledged that Independence Day and MIB are classics....

Also Bad Boys 2 is a "hood" classic that shyt is so over the top with quotables for DAYS I love that film...

Also Pursuit Of Happiness is :wow: father-son black excellence. If your eyes didn't tear up just a LITTLE bit at that ending you ain't human....

Ali was a solid flick that could've been done MUCH better but it wasn't any fault of Will or his performance he was most the perfect Ali

Also a lot of people don't like to aknowledge this flick (I don't either) but his best acting performance to date was in Six Degrees Of Seperation. I saw it when I was 12 not knowing what the subject matter was and was like :scusthov: at the time but his acting was phenomenal.

Daps
I didn't like. Pursuit of Happyness. I was highly disappointed in that movie.

But ya, Bad Boys, MIB and Independence Day fit the bill. Still, for an actor of his caliber, he should have a stronger catalog.