Does Will Smith have a "classic" movie?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Probably that too. Probably the same with Django
Well with Django, Will wasnt doubting QT...he just wanted to change the script up and be more fan friendly, action friendly. QT was like :childplease:

but ironically through my own observation, thats kinda what qt ended up doing..that og django script didnt have that big shoot out, its was more of a quick draw kill on the bad guys after he blew up the house. so will got through to him on that level imo.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well with Django, Will wasnt doubting QT...he just wanted to change the script up and be more fan friendly, action friendly. QT was like :childplease:

but ironically through my own observation, thats kinda what qt ended up doing..that og django script didnt have that big shoot out, its was more of a quick draw kill on the bad guys after he blew up the house. so will got through to him on that level imo.

Word? See I read he wanted it the character of Django to be more how he was at the end of the movie not the beginning which is an issue Jamie had as well

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That too..he wanted to be the main character , qt thinks hes slick but we all see what he doing.

But the movie from a narrative and logical standpoint went exactly the way it should've. Who's to say all the stuff added to it wouldn't have been added regardless? A script isn't static

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
But the movie from a narrative and logical standpoint went exactly the way it should've. Who's to say all the stuff added to it wouldn't have been added regardless? A script isn't static
True but Quentin stays pretty tight to his writing, he dont budge much. i honestly feel qt realized he needed a bigger climax to the film and he made some adjustments. I love his films but he cant help but remind u that hey, its me qt, this is my movie i directed. In case u forgot...ok back to the story.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
True but Quentin stays pretty tight to his writing, he dont budge much. i honestly feel qt realized he needed a bigger climax to the film and he made some adjustments. I love his films but he cant help but remind u that hey, its me qt, this is my movie i directed. In case u forgot...ok back to the story.

Yeah no doubt but he's had moments like that on set where he thinks something should be bigger or smaller. He talked about it during his interview with Robert Rodriguez. The dialogue is the one thing he's normally a stickler for but I remember him saying he felt like the ending needed to be bigger while they were shooting so he went to his trailer and mashed it out

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
seen Django again last night...high...once they show him riding up in that blue outfit he was immediately the star in my eyes with King Schultz being his bumbling sidekick who gets him out of trouble

Basically. It's a movie about him growing into becoming that guy. Schultz isn't the star in my eyes once that scene comes because he's taking over. He's being aggressive rather than reactive and Schultz risks life and limb to help him out

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Basically. It's a movie about him growing into becoming that guy. Schultz isn't the star in my eyes once that scene comes because he's taking over. He's being aggressive rather than reactive and Schultz risks life and limb to help him out

the movie became so much better once that perspective hit me. Especially when Schultz said it was his obligation as a german to help save Brumhilda...it was such a tiny thing but that part of that scene became really important with how I see it now

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
seen Django again last night...high...once they show him riding up in that blue outfit he was immediately the star in my eyes with King Schultz being his bumbling sidekick who gets him out of trouble
:patrice: Not so fast..u cant be a bumbling sidekick when u make all the plans and have majority of the dialogue .not only that he teaches jamie how to be a gun fighter / bounty hunter...jamie takes a far back seat in the 3rd act until they kill shultz..u forget about jamie during the whole house scene especially the dinner scenes...schultz has a ton of dialogue during the 1st and 3rd acts and is dominant i. majority of the scenes.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
You should change the title to say "critically acclaimed, serious films", because MIB and Bad Boys are classics.

I guess that would have made it more clear.

50 years from now, will we be talking about Men in Black and Bad Boys the same way today we talk about Chinatown and One flew over the cuckoos nest?

I just think as great of an actor Will Smith is, the best piece we have that really shows his range as an actor is Pursuit of Happyness. Which I thought was a great movie...as well as 7 pounds...but from what I've seen around the internet a lot of people really dont like those movies as much as some of the other movies I listed in my first post.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
:patrice: Not so fast..u cant be a bumbling sidekick when u make all the plans and have majority of the dialogue .not only that he teaches jamie how to be a gun fighter / bounty hunter...jamie takes a far back seat in the 3rd act until they kill shultz..u forget about jamie during the whole house scene especially the dinner scenes...schultz has a ton of dialogue during the 1st and 3rd acts and is dominant i. majority of the scenes.

He was no doubt a mentor, but he ain't really teach him much when it came to shooting. Jamie was a natural..you see the awe in Shultz's eyes when he's making those shots. He dominates as far as dialogue goes but he's always touching base with Django. The D is silent even checks him during the D'Artagnan scene.

Amongst the two Schultz is definitely the boss, but as an audience member I see the movie in a new light with Django being the main guy. Idk man...it's that weed :mjcry:. King was p*ssyfooting that whole trip to Candyland...Django would've murked everyone on the spot.