Donald Glover creating and starring in a ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ TV series

taker597

Superstar
Daps
This is the character of the person you chose to quote.

Ryan goslin
that verbal exchange >>>>anything in the 2005 movie and this is comeing from someone who saw the 2005 movie at the theater

if all this cac wanted was some generice "white male fantasy" Spy,Assassin, Hitman, character/Show to veraciously through he has gotten like three in the last 12 months

Man those shoes was straight asss

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This was good, though I'll be mad if they don't greenlight a S2 so I know exactly what happened when Jane opened that door. Phoebe Waller-Bridge has to take an L. What has she even done since Fleabag besides the shytty Indy 5 movie?

Donald and his co-showrunner Francesca Sloane have said their actively working on season 2, its just up to Amazon to greenlight it. Their bringing in Taofik Kolade, who wrote on both seasons 3 (The Old Man and The Tree) and 4 (Andrew Wyeth, Alfred’s World) of Atlanta into their writer’s room.

I’d say the chances of season 2 being greenlit are high seeing as the series has been highly critically acclaimed and i’m sure that Amazon wants to keep Donald happy seeing as he has an overall deal with them. I think he’s gearing to release more music soon so if he actually tours and promotes this particular album we might be waiting a lil min but i’m sure it’ll continue

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
@daemonova everybody in this damn thread!!!

That dude's agenda ain't my agenda, I only care about the one tweet, I ain't search his tl because I ain't care, yall making mountains out of molehill.

The show was supposed to be yt female black male, they ran into problems doing that, so the show ended up being about something else, with someone else. That is my interpretation of the tweet. The tweeter's history and intentions are irrelevant to me.

I can't even tell u what they say in the clip.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Netflix and Amazon really wrote blank checks to those Marvel hacks

it like they just don't get when there are so many spy/espionage/action/thriller's franchise with better white cac lead actor's and character's

they could have had a new take with Idris Elba be the lead with Damson Idris co-star as son or younger brother and bring some new life and black masculine energy to the spy/espionage genre not talking soul plane/ undercover brother blackness I'm talking more Wesley snipes passenger57/money Train/blade type black cool/swagger

a spy/espionage film with big budge action set pieces is what the people want to see Idris in the most I feel it would put his career back on track lik the Deadpool role/films did for Ryan Reynolds and fast and the furious did for the rock

I no Idris did Bastille Day but that was to low budget to be heat going up against the other spy/espionage/action/thriller's franchise

if they would have gave the two Idrisi's some thing like citadel/the gray man/ghosted/red notice/6 underground level budget/money and top directing talent behind the camera black twitter/social media would dame near market the movie for them

with all the generic spy/ assassin/hitman/espionage/action/thriller scripts out there it's amazing Idris hasn't taken it in his on hands put something together for himself like Ryan Reynolds did taking upon himself to put together Deadpool and get it off the ground it pretty much saved his career

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
GLOVER For me, I think I spent enough time not liking who I was, and now I look and I’m like, “None of these people know what the fukk they’re doing.”

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
GLOVER And now I’m like, “I know I’m the shyt. I put in the work. And my idea of what is cool is a better road for everybody.” And maybe I’m wrong, but I’m like, every time I try and push it there, in general, people are like, “Wow, I’m glad I have that option now.” Because I do have a vision for the world.

GLOVER Because I feel like I’m one of the best audience members, that’s why. I’m a great watcher. Like, I like boring shyt, but I’m looking at what makes people want to keep watching a boring thing. And I am not afraid of being like, “Yeah, this is for the audience.” I’ve seen a lot of people, some of the greats, some of the people I love, fall into the trap of like, “Well, I think it’s brilliant.”

G8k0ctq.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Despite mentoring Black women like Malia, there’s this narrative that accuses you of misogynoir, Donald. You famously interviewed yourself for Interview magazine a few years ago, and you asked yourself, “Are you afraid of Black women?” Why did you wade in?

GLOVER I felt like it was something that people always say, but no one ever asked because I felt like people really don’t want to know. It is a better narrative. But anybody who actually knows me knows how much that hurts me.

It does?

GLOVER Of course. But I also realize it doesn’t matter. People are not going to read this and be like, “Wow, I was wrong.”

ERSKINE It hurts you, but what’s your process after, to be like, “But I don’t care”?

GLOVER To go play with my kids and be happy and be present. Because my kids know that and they’re the only ones who matter. Or my mom knows that, and she’s the only one who matters. Or Quinta [Brunson] knows that, and she’s the only one who matters. People who actually know me. And also, it’s not true. When I walk down the street in Atlanta, that’s not what happens.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Man, that last episode made me mad but I calmed down now. That "device" they used felt so cheap. Like comic book gimmick cheap. I didn't have a problem with the ending. I expect that from Glover. The show overall has more positive points then negative. . But they definitely could improve in a 2nd season. It's hard to get past this Asian woman face though. I"m not a love story person so some of their convos they had were hard to watch. Some of it was "cute". But some of it I was like "I don't really care this much to watch yall toxic mess". To use a cliche term. But compared to his other series (Atl, Swarm) this was my least favorite.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Despite mentoring Black women like Malia, there’s this narrative that accuses you of misogynoir, Donald. You famously interviewed yourself for Interview magazine a few years ago, and you asked yourself, “Are you afraid of Black women?” Why did you wade in?

GLOVER I felt like it was something that people always say, but no one ever asked because I felt like people really don’t want to know. It is a better narrative. But anybody who actually knows me knows how much that hurts me.

It does?

GLOVER Of course. But I also realize it doesn’t matter. People are not going to read this and be like, “Wow, I was wrong.”

ERSKINE It hurts you, but what’s your process after, to be like, “But I don’t care”?

GLOVER To go play with my kids and be happy and be present. Because my kids know that and they’re the only ones who matter. Or my mom knows that, and she’s the only one who matters. Or Quinta [Brunson] knows that, and she’s the only one who matters. People who actually know me. And also, it’s not true. When I walk down the street in Atlanta, that’s not what happens.

G8k0ctq.gif

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

He's right. There's nothing he could say or do to convince those accusers that he doesn't hate black women. Maybe divorce the mother of his kids, and even then it would be temporary. Those accusations of Glover hating black women aren't based in any reality, just "feeling".