Dope documentary about the Haitian Revolution

WhyYouCry

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Did the Dominicans enslave the Haitians? No. But what did happens was the Spanish committed genocide against the aboriginal people of the island of Hispanola:

In your imaginary mind Dessalines committed genocide by murdering the group of people who constantly tried to reenslave him and the other Africans on the island. But the atrocities of the now extinct Tainos people, as well as the murder, rape, torture, and abuse of African slaves for hundreds of years you haven't said anything negative about.

I already know how cacs feel about anything progressive when it comes to black history, but honestly fukk em. Haiti wasn't just isolated. They were strategically crippled because 1) Europeans wholeheartedly believed that Africans were sub human and 2) They did not want rebellions to happen in other countries. Haiti was the first country in history to outlaw slavery permanently. They were also the first nation to say that any slave who made it to it's shores were automatically a citizen and free. That was extremely dangerous to white supremacy.

They didn't outlaw slavery. That just made of ok when black haitian enslave their own. It's all about money and power at the end of the day. Someone needs to profit

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Lol funny how guy killed all the whites and than probably told his own people "well slaves keep doing what you doing and ummm work harder BUT BUT don't worry white devils are gone we are FREE" Let not act like he didn't oppress his own people for his own gain
And used the mass killings of whites as an excuse for all bad in the country lol.

Idiots probably fell for that shyt also. No wonder he eventually got killed by his own people

I guess whites are only good after major earthquakes and that shyt corrupt place called Haiti can't support it's own people as it never ever did no matter who's in control White or black

You're pretty much just rambling and shown you really don't know shyt about the history of the island.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Black Excellence :jawalrus:

Haitian_Revolution.jpg

haitian-revolution.jpg

WhyYouCry

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
You're pretty much just rambling and shown you really don't know shyt about the history of the island.

I'm absolutely right when it's comes to your hero Jean-Jacques Dessalines.
White Europeans made high profits by enslaving the blacks in Haiti. He did the same thing after he ordered the killing of all whites and oppressed his own people but brainwashed them thinking they were free when really they were just being oppressed by their own. And be gave himself the title EMPEROR OF HAITI.

2 you
WHITE OPPRESSING BAD = BAD
BLACKS OPPRESSING BLACKS = GOOD as long as we kill whitey

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol funny how guy killed all the whites and than probably told his own people "well slaves keep doing what you doing and ummm work harder BUT BUT don't worry white devils are gone we are FREE" Let not act like he didn't oppress his own people for his own gain
And used the mass killings of whites as an excuse for all bad in the country lol.

Idiots probably fell for that shyt also. No wonder he eventually got killed by his own people

I guess whites are only good after major earthquakes and that shyt corrupt place called Haiti can't support it's own people as it never ever did no matter who's in control White or black

So the Dominicans couldn't free themselves from Spain yet they would have been able to kill all the Haitians who kicked out the Spaniards. And before you reply with Dominicans kicking Haitians out, there's a difference between running somebody out of your town and going over to their town and destroying them. And to your comments above, I guess you haven't been reading the posts.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
So the Dominicans couldn't free themselves from Spain yet they would have been able to kill all the Haitians who kicked out the Spaniards. And before you reply with Dominicans kicking Haitians out, there's a difference between running somebody out of your town and going over to their town and destroying them. And to your comments above, I guess you haven't been reading the posts.

Dude got his history degree from Duckberg Community College

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Jean Jacques Dessalines massacred thousands of innocent men women and children :comeon:
I didnt watch the video yet because I know more about haitian history than this video could ever teach me.

Unless you are haitian and grew up in Haiti you will not understand the difference between Dessalines and Toussaint.

Toussaint was a warrior and great leader BUT he also had a soft spot for whites since he was raised by one who treated him like a son and taught him how to read. He simply refused to be a slave. He would have accepted the deal to end the revolt and be a french colony if Napoleon agreed to abolish slavery. He paid dearly for trusting them.

Dessalines on the other hand was a slave too but saw his family brutalized and murdered at the hands of whites. He didnt want peace. He wanted REVENGE. That's why he always had that "koupe têt boulé kaj" approach.

For those who dont understand:
koupe têt boulé kaj = Cut their heads and burn their cage

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didnt watch the video yet because I know more about haitian history than this video could ever teach me.

Unless you are haitian and grew up in Haiti you will not understand the difference between Dessalines and Toussaint.

Toussaint was a warrior and great leader BUT he also had a soft spot for whites since he was raised by one who treated him like a son and taught him how to read. He simply refused to be a slave. He would have accepted the deal to end the revolt and be a french colony if Napoleon agreed to abolish slavery. He paid dearly for trusting them.

Dessalines on the other hand was a slave too but saw his family brutalized and murdered at the hands of whites. He didnt want peace. He wanted REVENGE. That's why he always had that "koupe têt boulé kaj" approach.

For those who dont understand:
koupe têt boulé kaj = Cut their heads and burn their cage

You sure it ain't cut their heads and burn their homes? No matter.

I never could understand the deep resentment Dominicans have towards Haitians to this day. He wasn't a con artist but he wasn't a saint either. He grew up rough and became rough.