Dr Dre's wife allegedly embezzled funds & drained accounts from his his Record Company

Daps
She is really entitled to more than that.

It's obvious a lot of y'all don't know shyt about community property laws.

Anything you accumulate while with your spouse they are entitled to half of. If you bought a house while y'all were together then she has a half interest in it, if you purchased a label then she has a half interest in it, if you purchased some land then she has a half interest it.

Some of it can vary state to state.

One of the only ways around that is a prenuptial agreement.
or not get married :mjlol:

Daps
I agree I the laws should be changed a man stands to lose a lot financially if it doesn't work out, but I've seen how divorces work.

My wife is an attorney and although that isn't her specialty she has done a few divorces.

Be careful who you wed.
wife a divorce attorney brehs

Crude

Superstar
Daps
so then why get married if you have assets to lose?
Because getting old is real and eventually people start looking for something of substance.

Few things are more sad than an old azz man still trying to be the young. I be thinking let it go breh that chapter in your life has passed.

That running women is cool for 20, 30, and even for some men in their 40s, but as you get older and your priorities change that isn't to mention if you eventually want kids or something.

I understand the want and need for companionship, but these fellas need to be smarter about having their paperwork in order if they do it.

Eventually you going to want kids, somebody to take trips with, somebody you can confide in when you having trouble on the job and after the inevitable death or loved ones.

Again I understand it fellas yet need to be smarter about the women they pick and making sure she ain't trying to take all your stuff

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
It's astonishing the amount of women that are looking for a come up off a man.

Do I think she's entitled to something yes, but she isn't worth half his assets.

Give her azz 70-80 million which is about 10 percent of his net worth and cut your ties.

This. I had empathy for her before since she raised the kids and didn't seem to be trouble, but this?

She was clearly just a gold digger the whole time, fukk her

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
city national bank? is this city national bank of newark?

Dr Dre out here supporting Black Banks ? :wow:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Not even the money aspect but as a man its hard to get custody of your kids. You go from living in a 3 bdrm house seeing your kids every day to now a 1bdrm over a bodega with all your wages gone

prpJQKw.jpg
:francis:I might have to leave my kids motherless in that pay cheque situation :demonic:

Daps
Because getting old is real and eventually people start looking for something of substance.

Few things are more sad than an old azz man still trying to be the young. I be thinking let it go breh that chapter in your life has passed.

That running women is cool for 20, 30, and even for some men in their 40s, but as you get older and your priorities change that isn't to mention if you eventually want kids or something.

I understand the want and need for companionship, but these fellas need to be smarter about having their paperwork in order if they do it.

Eventually you going to want kids, somebody to take trips with, somebody you can confide in when you having trouble on the job and after the inevitable death or loved ones.

Again I understand it fellas yet need to be smarter about the women they pick and making sure she ain't trying to take all your stuff
what does any of that have to do w/ marriage?
you can do all of that w/out marriage
the majority of the time it's the woman pushing for marriage because of social expectations and the guy folding yet women are the ones filing for divorce in the majority of cases
it makes sense because the guy doesn't want to lose his girl especially if he thinks she is a quality woman and doesn't think he will meet a woman of that quality any time soon
that doesn't sound like a good reason for getting married (sounds like an ultimatum)

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
She is really entitled to more than that.

It's obvious a lot of y'all don't know shyt about community property laws.

Anything you accumulate while with your spouse they are entitled to half of. If you bought a house while y'all were together then she has a half interest in it, if you purchased a label then she has a half interest in it, if you purchased some land then she has a half interest it.

Some of it can vary state to state.

One of the only ways around that is a prenuptial agreement.
True but she did sign a prenup. I think he may win this.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm looking at things from a legal point of view breh.

I'm looking at what she deserves. Marriage is the only system in place that allows someone to live a good life for a number of years and get paid for it. That isn't right.

The laws should be changed.
Most women don't "live the good life" and get paid for it - popular divorce stories have distorted how you see things.

The average divorce is a split of nothing but a house and maybe two family cars - most men don't have much money, most women end up working and doing the majority domestic/childcare.

In famous-person cases - its skewed toward the woman - but those are rare - they just dominate the news.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not even the money aspect but as a man its hard to get custody of your kids. You go from living in a 3 bdrm house seeing your kids every day to now a 1bdrm over a bodega with all your wages gone

prpJQKw.jpg
Imagine grossing us $1600 per pay and deciding you need four kids :francis:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I agree I the laws should be changed a man stands to lose a lot financially if it doesn't work out, but I've seen how divorces work.

My wife is an attorney and although that isn't her specialty she has done a few divorces.

Be careful who you wed.

:mjpls: