Drake dropped 4 albums in two years but doesn’t have one song as good as these songs from Mr Morale and the Big Steppers.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I like Mr Morale a LOT. Savior is my favorite track but there are a lot of other standout songs. Momma I Sober makes me tear up every time.

That being said I thought Her Loss had great highlights when it came out. Same thing for For All the Dogs.

I don't try to compare.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Nah. Y’all not paying attention close enough.

This is the complete opposite of Drake. Drake is making music for the people who embrace the avatar/metaverse/influencer lifestyle.

Complete opposite of Drake. Listen to what Mos Def said. Drake is music for shopping at Target. That is a fact. Remember the video of the dude shopping at Target with Drake music? Homo shyt

My boy Kendrick dismissing the entire idea of an online presence. The complete opposite of Drake.

Even how he opens the song is reminder why these nikkas is nerds

Bunch of school shooters online living out life through Drake and a bunch of fake shyt.

I don't understand like 20% of what Kendrick means, and I think he gets away with just saying random shyt too much.

Like, wtf does
IG a get ya life before a chick a boo ya
or
false claiming, not cute, I’m mortified, the new earth, in high pursuit, 200 lives
mean?

Poll a 100 listeners and you'd have a ton of different reaches, not a single compelling one.

He does that shyt constantly, completely unknown references instead of bars or punchlines.

I don't fukk with it and that taints my image of him as a lyricist.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand like 20% of what Kendrick means, and I think he gets away with just saying random shyt too much.

Like, wtf does

or

mean?

Poll a 100 listeners and you'd have a ton of different reaches, not a single compelling one.

He does that shyt constantly, completely unknown references instead of bars or punchlines.

I don't fukk with it and that taints my image of him as a lyricist.

Y’all be exposing yourselves on here badly.

Post the whole damn line.

1. “I pray to God that you actually pray when somebody dies, thoughts and prayers way better off timelines, false claiming not cute im mortified”

That isn’t simple to understand? Lol. Look at all the fake love Nipsey got after his death. All these fake ass “prayers up” posts and nobody really prays. It’s all for show on the timeline. False claimers.

And the narrator/therapist of the album wrote a book called the new earth so that’s self explanatory. Just look at the song title…Kendrick is saying he has a rich spirit. He’s in pursuit of the new earth (he’s clearly done reading and therapy based on the theme of this album)

2. And the IG line - the line before is “I would never live my life on a computer” because nowadays instagram evidence (posting guns online) will you get a life sentence if you *gun clicks* and boom someone. “Chickabooya” is an onomatopoeia in this case.

It’s basically the same idea of the jay z line “when I was talking instagrams last thing you wanted was your picture snapped”

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Y’all be exposing yourselves on here badly.

Post the whole damn line.

1. “I pray to God that you actually pray when somebody dies, thoughts and prayers way better off timelines, false claiming not cute im mortified”

That isn’t simple to understand? Lol. Look at all the fake love Nipsey got after his death. All these fake ass “prayers up” posts and nobody really prays. It’s all for show on the timeline. False claimers.

And the narrator/therapist of the album wrote a book called the new earth so that’s self explanatory. Just look at the song title…Kendrick is saying he has a rich spirit. He’s in pursuit of the new earth (he’s clearly done reading and therapy based on the theme of this album)

2. And the IG line - the line before is “I would never live my life on a computer” because even instagram evidence (posting guns online) will you get a life sentence if you *gun clicks* and boom someone. “Chickabooya” is an onomatopoeia in this case.

It’s basically the same idea of the jay z line “when I was talking instagrams last thing you wanted was your picture snapped”
I'm not posting whole lines because I understand what I didn't quote lol.

I don't need you to explain what I didn't ask about :dead:

1- My issue is with "new earth, high pursuit, 200 lives" specifically and how it relates with the rest.

I know New Earth is Eckhart Tolle's book. I too went on Genius when this shyt dropped.

I'm asking how does a self-improvement book about life purpose relate to people faking thoughts and prayers?

What does the "200 lives" even mean and relate to this? Can you even explain that shyt?

2- You just demonstrated how Jay-Z can write a coherent line with the same stylistic figures and much more clarity, with no need for reaches. Ask a 100 people what before a chickabooya mean and watch how many understand it like you. Literally doesn't mean shyt.

I guess I just have a higher standard for Kendrick that yall. Yall let him just say shyt. It's ok

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I'm not posting whole lines because I understand what I didn't quote lol.

I don't need you to explain what I didn't ask about :dead:

1- My issue is with "new earth, high pursuit, 200 lives" specifically and how it relates with the rest.

I know New Earth is Eckhart Tolle's book. I too went on Genius when this shyt dropped.

I'm asking how does a self-improvement book about life purpose relate to people faking thoughts and prayers?

What does the "200 lives" even mean and relate to this? Can you even explain that shyt?

2- You just demonstrated how Jay-Z can write a coherent line with the same stylistic figures and much more clarity, with no need for reaches. Ask a 100 people what before a chickabooya mean and watch how many understand it like you. Literally doesn't mean shyt.

I guess I just have a higher standard for Kendrick that yall. Yall let him just say shyt. It's ok
I don’t run to genius when albums drop. I can comprehend lyrics myself unlike you. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Genius is just random people adding what they think it means. I don’t trust that shyt.

I like to listen for myself and interpret lyrics for myself. That’s the fun in music. One lyric can mean something different for anyone who listens.

Only cacs go to genius and urban dictionary.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I don’t run to genius when albums drop. I can comprehend lyrics myself unlike you. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Genius is just random people adding what they think it means. I don’t trust that shyt.

I like to listen for myself and interpret lyrics for myself. That’s the fun in music. One lyric can mean something different for anyone who listens.

Only cacs go to genius and urban dictionary.
You're telling me you knew New Earth was a reference to a Eckhart Tolle's book by just listening? :mjlol:

You recognized Eckhart Tolle's voice, a random german therapist that wrote a self-help book in 2006, just by listening? :mjlol:

You're the GOAT breh :obama:

As full of shyt as you might be, I actually agree with you on genius and music interpretation.

BUT should that shield the artist from criticism if his shyt is incoherent or poorly phrased? Especially when his contemporaries can pen the same shyt while getting a clear message through? I'm not sure.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
You're telling me you knew New Earth was a reference to a Eckhart Tolle's book by just listening? :mjlol:

You recognized Eckhart Tolle's voice, a random german therapist that wrote a self-help book in 2006, just by listening? :mjlol:

You're the GOAT breh :obama:

As full of shyt as you might be, I actually agree with you on genius and music interpretation.

BUT should that shield the artist from criticism if his shyt is incoherent or poorly phrased? Especially when his contemporaries can pen the same shyt while getting a clear message through? I'm not sure.
Yes. No cap because I lowkey became a Buddhist in 2018-2019 because of a rough period in my life with depression. I went down a Reddit and YouTube rabbit hole. Check out his Wikipedia. It’s very interesting.

Yes I know who he is and I read his book 😂

I also know who Madeleine Albright is and read her book 😂

I also know who Jane Goodall is and read her book 😂

They’re not related but just letting you know I do know who many random people are due to my former job (news media) so I was exposed to a bunch of random shyt and I am addicted to Amazon so I just cop random books and read them 😂 (Next up is Fear by Thich Nhat Hanh)

No cap and I can post pictures or receipts if you need them :manny:

2. As for your second point, I see what you’re saying and I do think Kendrick does some weird fake abstract shyt but you’re nitpicking two lines from a dope ass song. That doesn’t really bother me because it’s like 98% coherent.

Frank Ocean is also one that does the fake abstract shyt but it’s worse because he will do it for a whole verse or even song. I don’t think Kendrick is that bad with it lol.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Those are classic Kendrick songs but Drake and Kendrick are literally ying and yang I listen to those in my headphones at home

But Kendrick doesn’t have anything like these

I listen to these on my commute lol it’s okay to like both and critique both

Way 2 Sexy was one of the most forced radio hits of this current era. The whole video was made strictly for meme purposes and the song didn’t hit at all like it was made out to. Jimmy Crooks was dope as hell though, strictly the beat change with 21 Savage. There’s a reason people only acknowledge that song from that album.