Drake dropped 4 albums in two years but doesn’t have one song as good as these songs from Mr Morale and the Big Steppers.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand like 20% of what Kendrick means, and I think he gets away with just saying random shyt too much.

Like, wtf does

or

mean?

Poll a 100 listeners and you'd have a ton of different reaches, not a single compelling one.

He does that shyt constantly, completely unknown references instead of bars or punchlines.

I don't fukk with it and that taints my image of him as a lyricist.
I'm not posting whole lines because I understand what I didn't quote lol.

I don't need you to explain what I didn't ask about :dead:

1- My issue is with "new earth, high pursuit, 200 lives" specifically and how it relates with the rest.

I know New Earth is Eckhart Tolle's book. I too went on Genius when this shyt dropped.

I'm asking how does a self-improvement book about life purpose relate to people faking thoughts and prayers?

What does the "200 lives" even mean and relate to this? Can you even explain that shyt?

2- You just demonstrated how Jay-Z can write a coherent line with the same stylistic figures and much more clarity, with no need for reaches. Ask a 100 people what before a chickabooya mean and watch how many understand it like you. Literally doesn't mean shyt.

I guess I just have a higher standard for Kendrick that yall. Yall let him just say shyt. It's ok

You got a good point here on how Kendrick just be saying some shyt sometimes and how his fans will reach and create all sorts of theories about what he actually means.

HIs incoherence and ambiguity in his music often gets misunderstood for depth and substance cause the listener is left to connect the dots or make assumptions about what he was trying to say.

This is something you generally benefit from when you position yourself as a conscious rapper. And this is amplified when you intentionally make yourself mysterious and scarce to where people think youre some sort of messiah or savior.

jesc07

Pro
Daps
They are two different genres imo. Both rap but just completely different.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Someone missed the hundred page threads from each of Drake’s releases recapping the best songs

Pipe Down off CLB alone is better than anything Kendrick has put out
I love that song but Drake had made that same simp song 100 times already. Stop it lol.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Bro there’s no way we’re saying Poetic Justice was a bad song

It was a perfect mainstream record PERFECT

Kendrick and drake meshed well on it

🤦🏾‍♂️ what are we doing here? I know yall have chosen sides with Kendrick and Drake but we can’t discredit great music cause of it
Never liked poetic justice automatic skip, switch off, whenever it comes on. Song never sounded natural even the sample and beat. Overall corny song

Daps
Nah. Y’all not paying attention close enough.

This is the complete opposite of Drake. Drake is making music for the people who embrace the avatar/metaverse/influencer lifestyle.

Complete opposite of Drake. Listen to what Mos Def said. Drake is music for shopping at Target. That is a fact. Remember the video of the dude shopping at Target with Drake music? Homo shyt

My boy Kendrick dismissing the entire idea of an online presence. The complete opposite of Drake.

Even how he opens the song is reminder why these nikkas is nerds

Bunch of school shooters online living out life through Drake and a bunch of fake shyt.

"Compatible with shopping" is the funniest insult in a minute :pachaha:
Bro I know what Kendrick is talking about and it’s really not that deep lol

Like I said they’re ying and yang Drake makes music for you to enjoy riding and party to

I listen and enjoy both for what they are lol

You can do the same
What does this mean? I'd rip my ears out before listen to Drake in my car. GKMC and DAMN ring off in the whip. I don't skip any of the songs. I can even listen to Jay Electronica in the car. Future makes better 'fun' music than Drake. "He makes music for riding" that can be literally any artist, these are arguments that fall apart.
The song was weak and the obvious attempt at a hit. It stands out compared to the rest of the album and not in a good way.
Nah, that's Swimming Pools.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Lettuce be honest since his hiatus does Kendrick have a Churchill Downs like feature? Or a 7am on birdle path, lemon pepper freestyle? Middle of the ocean? Champagne Poetry?

For a guy who claims it’s just big me. The music over the past seven years doesn’t hold up to that title

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Compatible with shopping" is the funniest insult in a minute :pachaha:

What does this mean? I'd rip my ears out before listen to Drake in my car. GKMC and DAMN ring off in the whip. I don't skip any of the songs. I can even listen to Jay Electronica in the car. Future makes better 'fun' music than Drake. "He makes music for riding" that can be literally any artist, these are arguments that fall apart.

Nah, that's Swimming Pools.

Damn is a good album but Kendrick can’t make songs like this. These just bang

Just like drake can’t make Fear. I don’t like humble it sounds forced to me

They both serve their purpose