Drake dropped 4 albums in two years but doesn’t have one song as good as these songs from Mr Morale and the Big Steppers.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Way 2 Sexy was one of the most forced radio hits of this current era. The whole video was made strictly for meme purposes and the song didn’t hit at all like it was made out to. Jimmy Crooks was dope as hell though, strictly the beat change with 21 Savage. There’s a reason people only acknowledge that song from that album.

The video was terrible but that way 2 sexy beat is 🔥

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Yes. No cap because I lowkey became a Buddhist in 2018-2019 because of a rough period in my life with depression. I went down a Reddit and YouTube rabbit hole. Check out his Wikipedia. It’s very interesting.

Yes I know who he is and I read his book 😂

I also know who Madeleine Albright is and read her book 😂

I also know who Jane Goodall is and read her book 😂

They’re not related but just letting you know I do know who many random people are due to my former job (news media) so I was exposed to a bunch of random shyt and I am addicted to Amazon so I just cop random books and read them 😂 (Next up is Fear by Thich Nhat Hanh)

No cap and I can post pictures or receipts if you need them :manny:

2. As for your second point, I see what you’re saying and I do think Kendrick does some weird fake abstract shyt but you’re nitpicking two lines from a dope ass song. That doesn’t really bother me because it’s like 98% coherent.

Frank Ocean is also one that does the fake abstract shyt but it’s worse because he will do it for a whole verse or even song. I don’t think Kendrick is that bad with it lol.
Nah I don't want receipts, I believe you. But you must admit that you're a particular case and 99% of listeners wouldn't know wtf he's talking about. I think it doesn't tie well with the rest of the verse and makes for a weak ending.

But I agree with you on the rest.

For the record, I think not only the song is good but that Kendrick is mostly coherent and a good lyricist overall. I just think he gets away with shyt, which is fine but takes him down a notch as a lyricist in my book.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The song was weak and the obvious attempt at a hit. It stands out compared to the rest of the album and not in a good way.

Bro there’s no way we’re saying Poetic Justice was a bad song

It was a perfect mainstream record PERFECT

Kendrick and drake meshed well on it

🤦🏾‍♂️ what are we doing here? I know yall have chosen sides with Kendrick and Drake but we can’t discredit great music cause of it

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Those are classic Kendrick songs but Drake and Kendrick are literally ying and yang I listen to those in my headphones at home

But Kendrick doesn’t have anything like these

200w.gif

My goodness.

This is such an important post bc it’s a reminder we are NOT all the same. Some of us are closer to 40 and we like , you know, good music :heh: We have enough ties to ‘back in the day so we’ve lived thru a shyt ton of quality music, our barometer of what’s good is totally different from….

a Drake fan who may be closer to 20 and has no such barometer. Dude sampled right said Fred :laff:that’s legit Drake’s worst song ever. Yuck

And mind you, Drake himself is closer to 40. His favorite rappers were Phonte, joe Budden, dip set….literally the same as mine. He came in making good music but clearly took a detour and now he makes music to stay relevant to youngins. The quality has tanked

This beef hss opened my eyes to what a hardcore Drake fan looks like!

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
200w.gif

My goodness.

This is such an important post bc it’s a reminder we are NOT all the same. Some of us are closer to 40 and we like , you know, good music :heh: We have enough ties to ‘back in the day so we’ve lived thru a shyt ton of quality music, our barometer of what’s good is totally different from….

a Drake fan who may be closer to 20 and has no such barometer. Dude sampled right said Fred :laff:that’s legit Drake’s worst song ever. Yuck

And mind you, Drake himself is closer to 40. His favorite rappers were Phonte, joe Budden, dip set….literally the same as mine. He came in making good music but clearly took a detour and now he makes music to stay relevant to youngins. The quality has tanked

This beef hss opened my eyes to what a hardcore Drake fan looks like!

This here is a classic case of dikk rider syndrome and you have no shame which is the worst part

You can tell who actually touch grass and party with people to those who don’t

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Those are classic Kendrick songs but Drake and Kendrick are literally ying and yang I listen to those in my headphones at home

But Kendrick doesn’t have anything like these

I listen to these on my commute lol it’s okay to like both and critique both

This
Op a salty kiddo
and probably needs a cane to walk cuz he so old :mjlol:

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Nah I don't want receipts, I believe you. But you must admit that you're a particular case and 99% of listeners wouldn't know wtf he's talking about. I think it doesn't tie well with the rest of the verse and makes for a weak ending.

For the record, I think not only the song is good but that Kendrick is mostly coherent and a good lyricist overall. I just think he gets away with shyt, which is fine but takes him down a notch as a lyricist in my book.
Idgaf on Rich Spirit because the song sounds so good

Rap has been going rap song hybrid for a while now

And I think that comes with more ambiguity in the lyrics

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
This here is a classic case of dikk rider syndrome and you have no shame which is the worst part

You reply with NOTHING related to my post

I’m your worst nightmare I know more about Drakes music than you. I can spot a culture vulture riding the wave when I see one :umad:. That’s drakes core audience. People who have never heard Think Good Thoughts, who dont know who Nickelus F is, etc

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I mean if you don't goto the club anymore just say that. It's 2 different types of music for 2 different types of moods.

If you are a huge player in their 20s whose main goal is chasing tail, there is no way I would expect you to have Kendrick in rotation over Drake

Way 2 Sexy beat is a real hater, they should have done a better hook though, playing off the original hook makes the song way cornier than it shoulda been.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

True and Drake gets away with trash bars too. shyt he even gets away with not even writing whole songs. lol

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

🤦🏾‍♂️ what are we doing here? I know yall have chosen sides with Kendrick and Drake but we can’t discredit great music cause of it
Poetic Justice was fire. As I was reading that, I thought he was taking about “Way 2 Sexy” lmao

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You reply with NOTHING related to my post

I’m your worst nightmare I know more about Drakes music than you. I can spot a culture vulture riding the wave when I see one :umad:. That’s drakes core audience. People who have never heard Think Good Thoughts, who dont know who Nickelus F is, etc

Naw you’re just doing too much

You can enjoy Kendrick and Drake bro lol

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Someone missed the hundred page threads from each of Drake’s releases recapping the best songs

Pipe Down off CLB alone is better than anything Kendrick has put out

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

I said the song was the worst song on that album, not that it was a bad song in general. It sounded like a cookie cutter drake single featuring kendrick.

The song only exist on the album to serve as a single, but even bytch don't kill my vibe, money trees, and swimming pools were far better singles and fit the vibe of the album.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
That’s subjective too.

I listen to mr morale quite often.

I never heard “girls like girls” or “tootsie slide” since it dropped. How can you enjoy a song like “mob ties” and “shake that ass for me and Drake”?

How can you still listen to that shyt as a grown man is beyond me but again music is subjective lol. I’m really into lyrics and hearing stories and pain/introspection.

Drake is just making bubblegum pop to run up the billboard numbers. I can’t hate on it but it’s just fast food music IMO.

You're trolling here