Daps
I mean, it makes sense. He's an actor, and it was so over the top :manny:
b0f0f1007891a0ec4b8f9b974d5b3732.png

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
i'm kinda glad he made a statement. i don't want hear him address that in a diss song nor do i want to hear a woe is me album paranoid rambling album cut but what i will say is that he should have put the statement out along with the rebuttal track.

just putting a statement about one thing, gives people room to speculate etcetc but i get it, its an important topic

:hubie:

JC_USN

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
@REdefinition

“I always had friends from all different backgrounds, all different walks of life, we all get along,” Drake told the radio host. “I never really notice color, religion. We don’t live like that. There’s not that much segregation in Canada, especially in Toronto. It’s a cultural mosaic. You don’t ever develop hate.”

He also discussed his trouble with integrating into the American rap industry, not because of his race, but more so because of his nationality.

“The first time I really experienced [racism] was when I got famous and went to America and people would challenge me like I don’t understand how it works or like, ‘Oh, you’re Canadian. You’ll never understand the Black American struggle,'” he said. “That was the first time I had ever gotten challenged. If I ever feel like an outsider it’s usually because I’m not American.
Drake Says He Only Experienced Racism After Coming to America After Fame: 'I Never Really Notice Color'

:camby:

He's not qualified to produce such images.

I guess no artist ever can raise awareness about something unless they’ve directly been through it. Ok.

That’s one of the most stupid things I have ever heard.

JC_USN

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Or..............a biracial dude in his early 20s that grew up Jewish in Canada didn’t know enough about the Black American experience to understand that dressing up in Blackface would make him look like a c00n. Ain’t nobody across the internet gonna care about the caption. That image is just gonna spread like wildfire and be used for racist purposes. No black man with half a brain is taking that picture. Drake can’t co-opt black face anymore than Kanye could co-opt the Confederate Flag. There’s too much foul history there.

It will spread as something racist. Agreed. And how freaking sad is that?

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
:manny: Yeah, I believe him.
U believe him lol

But ya homeboy tryin to get on.. they know u from degrassi n u go to the same audition. N try out

U get it just off the strength u In the door already.. ya boy not

He a hoe ass nikka for shattering his boys dream

Has nuthin to do with race .. he was proven nobody else was gettin the job regardless of the color

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Or..............a biracial dude in his early 20s that grew up Jewish in Canada didn’t know enough about the Black American experience to understand that dressing up in Blackface would make him look like a c00n. Ain’t nobody across the internet gonna care about the caption. That image is just gonna spread like wildfire and be used for racist purposes. No black man with half a brain is taking that picture. Drake can’t co-opt black face anymore than Kanye could co-opt the Confederate Flag. There’s too much foul history there.
U kno it was actual black confederate generals n soldiers in the confederate

Contrary to popular belief it was black business owners free blacks in the south

That could actually break bread vs the union .. Lincoln pissed Fredrick “ the pawg slayer” Douglas off.. kuz Fred knew he couldn’t just waltz to the south convincingly ask the salves there to come to union grounds help with the war with risk of dying if u make it n union succeeds free n and one way ticket to Central America

Fredrick knew that a nikkas ain’t listening to him kuz he fukkin n married to a white woman

2 it’s a waste of time to only get shipped out

U gofo deep parts of the south it’s old nikkas flyin the stars n bars proudly n will beat ya ass for even fixin ya lips to call em a c00n n will give u a history lesson while doin it lol