Dune director Denis villenueve says marvel movies are cut and paste of others

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And NONE of you are seeing a fukking red cent whether a movie makes ten dollars or 3 billion dollars. You aren't producers. You aren't studio executives. Everyone knows kids movies make money... E.T. was a huge fukking blockbuster... no shyt :dead: :mjlol:

And this is another equally foolish post.

It's impossible to have a discussion like this without looking at why a studio would want to make cookie cutter movies.

Mentioning this, doesn't mean we make money off the movies. It's inherent to the discussion.

Do you go to McDonald's and demand they serve you the same menu as Phillipe Chow?

If somebody pointed out how silly that expectation is....would you use the same logic? "You don't make money off it!"

See how goofy that sounds?

These last two posts you just threw all logic and nuance out the window.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's a place for both. I say Shang-Chi two weeks ago and loved it. The evening I went to see it was one of those evenings I didn't really know what to do and felt like just sitting back and relaxing with high-octane entertainment. It worked and the movie was even better than what I expected from the trailer.

Yesterday I went to see Dune, stunning and amazing movie. Made sure I was well rested and in the right mood because I knew it was going to be more demanding and wanted something I could get immerged in. It worked too and I'm still processing the beauty and general atmosphere of the movie. Best movie I've seen this year that's for sure.

Basically it's not this OR that, one can appreciate both kind of movies (I do) recognizing they're different styles and fulfill different purposes.

And reading from the full quotes it's less inflamatory than what the tweets say.
Nah bro you enjoy comic movies, you're a man child. :mjlol:

Most people are like you described. They see all sorts of movies. But the vast majority, obviously see comic movies. The numbers don't make sense otherwise.

Then, from there the audience gets divided into smaller groups. Some like comedies. Horror. Foreign movies.

Some, a few, only watch blockbusters and don't care about film as "art".

I dunno why ol boy came in here talking as if everyone is the last group.

Unless he really don't post in here like that. We got foreign film, horror, etc. threads with literally tens of thousands of posts.

Fred.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

Most people are like you described. They see all sorts of movies. But the vast majority, obviously see comic movies. The numbers don't make sense otherwise.

Then, from there the audience gets divided into smaller groups. Some like comedies. Horror. Foreign movies.

Some, a few, only watch blockbusters and don't care about film as "art".

I dunno why ol boy came in here talking as if everyone is the last group.

Unless he really don't post in here like that. We got foreign film, horror, etc. threads with literally tens of thousands of posts.

Fred.

Absolutely. I'll enjoy my small independent spanish movie, my slow-burn horror movie, my arty psychological movie, but I ain't trying to eat the same meal every evening lol.
I need my blockbusters too :wow:

Diversify your bonds :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And this is another equally foolish post.

It's impossible to have a discussion like this without looking at why a studio would want to make cookie cutter movies.

Mentioning this, doesn't mean we make money off the movies. It's inherent to the discussion.

Do you go to McDonald's and demand they serve you the same menu as Phillipe Chow?

If somebody pointed out how silly that expectation is....would you use the same logic? "You don't make money off it!"

See how goofy that sounds?

These last two posts you just threw all logic and nuance out the window.

Fred.

Breh.. you're not getting it. There's a market for what Denis and other artists do. The market isn't as wide reaching as a four quadrant picture but it's still there and that's what they choose to do..

Nobody is mad here but you and the stans. He was asked a question and he gave his answer. Your only comeback to what he said was "money.."

That's not a point that needs to be raised. Everyone knows kids movies are going to be more marketable overall than most dramas... Who said any different?

Furthermore... who didn't know that? He didn't complain about those movies making money. He gave an opinion on the art itself. You are the one throwing all logic out the window. Some people don't care about what the most money is going to be. Denis is probably pretty wealthy.. i'm sure he doesn't care and is fine with what he's choosing to do.

He wasn't demanding anything. He was giving his opinion.. will they change? No, they don't have to but that doesn't mean someone can't give an opinion. it's embarrassing that so many people can't handle a simple critique Lmao..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Some are and some aren't. The people who are in this thread whining about a critique? Yes... most certainly they are man children because they need some type of validation other than just going to see the joint and being at peace with themselves.

Others like myself can go watch a comic movie and enjoy it without all the extra.... :mjlol: