DVD Is still King after 25 yrs

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
It's literally a $3 difference between the dvd and bluray of flicks

As far as the math of buying individual films for the first time, sure.

But throwing your entire DVD collection away just to rebuy those films in another format will end up costing a lot more than that $3, and becomes a needless sacrifice, depending on the tax bracket. Especially for a non technophille/cinephille.

Forcing them to make that jump by straight up abandoning the technology would breed resentment in tech, causing financial loss in the long run.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

But throwing your entire DVD collection away just to rebuy those films in another format will end up costing a lot more than that $3, and becomes a needless sacrifice, depending on the tax bracket. Especially for a non technophille/cinephille.

That doesn't explain DVD continuing to outpace BR.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
it wasn't supposed to :dwillhuh:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, yes it does :mjlol:

How?

Most discs purchased last week were new releases. And DVDs were still 65% of the market.

Not sure what not wanting to replace ones old discs has to do with that discrepancy

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Forcing them to make that jump by straight up abandoning the technology would breed resentment in tech, causing financial loss in the long run.
Breh mentioned tax brackets :dead: physical media aint that serious breh.

It will always be ass backwards to me. We have 8k TVs in stores. Everyone has an HD TV. We're like 15 years into that. And everyone streams HD and possibly 4K content. But buys 480p movies.

I get not everyone is a videophile but it boggles my mind.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Man who the hell still buying dvds? Is there a difference between dvd and blu ray?

The difference is a few bucks unless you buy 4K then the difference is much larger. But to answer this question I have a theory here anyway..

When you buy a DVD it's a DVD. When you buy a Blu Ray it still comes with a DVD. So even if you are buying BR's, you are getting a DVD copy.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
The difference is a few bucks unless you buy 4K then the difference is much larger. But to answer this question I have a theory here anyway..

When you buy a DVD it's a DVD. When you buy a Blu Ray it still comes with a DVD. So even if you are buying BR's, you are getting a DVD copy.

You saying buying a Blu-ray still counts towards DVD sales?

I only buy physical media that also comes with a digital copy.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
HD streams are still aren’t better than watching it on Blu Ray and 4K streams sure as shyt ain’t coming close to 4K BDs.

How many people are astute enough to notice such a small difference?

I've seen nikkas not be able to tell the difference between watching a show on a SD channel vs a HD channel, simply because their TV upscale the picture to the same size:heh:

Convenience is king.

Streaming music is an even further quality gap compared to:yeshrug: CDs or HQ rips, but who got time for all that?

Switching from my ipod line out with a headphone amp, to streaming on my phone over Bluetooth nearly broke my heart, but what am I gonna do :francis: