DVD Is still King after 25 yrs

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I’m Glad I Didn’t Invest Hundreds (Possibly In The Thousands) Of Dollars Into A DVD Collection Like I Thought I Wanted To Back When I Was A Teen, I Had This Idea Of This Giant Library, fukk All That

:yeshrug:
This, I wasted so much money on DVD's, then I replaced them with blu rays. Not just that, all my physical media is just sitting in a closet taking up space. I break out a blu ray maybe 4-5 times a year. Most DVD's you can't watch on a 4k TV because they end up looking like shyt

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This, I wasted so much money on DVD's, then I replaced them with blu rays. Not just that, all my physical media is just sitting in a closet taking up space. I break out a blu ray maybe 4-5 times a year. Most DVD's you can't watch on a 4k TV because they end up looking like shyt
At least with 4K this is probably the end of line. The movies are going to look as good as they ever can. At least the ones from the past. We have theatrical quality on a disc now

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
But you have to press buttons bruh. :flabbynsick:

Handle things and press buttons in 2019 bruhs.:unimpressed:

I gotta press buttons to play video games so I might as well press a couple buttons to get these 4K's poppin. I like artwork too. That's one thing I miss about buying albums is the artwork.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Until they come out with 10 k or whatever is next to keep people buying more shyt they don't really need.
They can try but most of these post 2000 effects heavy movies were finished at 2k.

Its why i like buying older movies shot on film. They're in their native resolution.

Only in the last 2 or 3 years are 4k digital intermediates more common but still not the norm. Guardians 2 was shot in 8k bit still finished at 2k

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Probably cost more to make a damn White Castle burger than an DVD these days. Someone is eating very well off of this shyt. But I can see why people still buy. But I won’t.

only physical media I’m touching is 8-10TB drives and filling them bytches up with 4K content.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
To add on, I was at a Dollar Tree going through the movies. Mostly DVDs, but a few blus. I found a blu I recommended to a customer near me who was also looking at the movies. After I conversed with him for a bit I asked, “wait, do you own a blu Ray?” He hit me with a “what’s a blu Ray?” :dwillhuh:

DVD will the the movie version of vinyls.