DX12 adding 20% performance increase on PC, even more on Xbox One

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Consoles don't have an nvidia chip inside, nor do they have a discrete graphics card in there either ;)

It will be interesting to see, but I will be very surprised if it has a big impact on the xbox one. I am sure some developers will continue to find ways to squeeze the most out of the hardware, but that's usually a result of teams working on the system for years and finding ways around the bottlenecks.
that benchmark was pretty much strictly CPU. but yeah, consoles are supposed to already have very low level api's. but I think dx12 will make it easier to efficiently use multi cores

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Same thing y'all said about the cloud :ehh:
Until Crackdown showed footage for something that hasn't come out yet.

When I have it in my hands...in my controller and the experience screams at me "NEW EXPERIENCE" then the mature thing to do...is just wait.

I'm not going to shyt on Microsoft..but don't expect me to trust shyt off gp.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Phil Spencer: DirectX 12 Not a “Massive Change” For Xbox One; Explains Expectations from 1st Party Studios | DualShockers

"It will help developers on XBOX One. It’s not going to be a massive change but will unlock more capability for devs."

More context.

“I got asked early on by people is DX12 would change the graphics capabilities of the Xbox One and I said that it wouldn’t. I thought – and I’m not trying to rain on anybody’s parade – the CPU, GPU, memory that’s in an Xbox One doesn’t change when you go to DX12. DX 12 makes it easier to do what the Xbox One is good at, which will be nice. You’ll see improvement in games with the use of DX12.”

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Until Crackdown showed footage for something that hasn't come out yet.

When I have it in my hands...in my controller and the experience screams at me "NEW EXPERIENCE" then the mature thing to do...is just wait.

I'm not going to shyt on Microsoft..but don't expect me to trust shyt off gp.

and I'm still saying same shyt about the cloud :francis:

when I see it work for the average xbox player then ill give it its props :ehh:

Guess i shouldn't see you guys being excited about anything that hasn't released yet huh?

Project Morpheus? Just marketing :camby:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
More context.

“I got asked early on by people is DX12 would change the graphics capabilities of the Xbox One and I said that it wouldn’t. I thought – and I’m not trying to rain on anybody’s parade – the CPU, GPU, memory that’s in an Xbox One doesn’t change when you go to DX12. DX 12 makes it easier to do what the Xbox One is good at, which will be nice. You’ll see improvement in games with the use of DX12.”
will this help all games or just exclusives?

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)