DX12 adding 20% performance increase on PC, even more on Xbox One

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
More context.

“I got asked early on by people is DX12 would change the graphics capabilities of the Xbox One and I said that it wouldn’t. I thought – and I’m not trying to rain on anybody’s parade – the CPU, GPU, memory that’s in an Xbox One doesn’t change when you go to DX12. DX 12 makes it easier to do what the Xbox One is good at, which will be nice. You’ll see improvement in games with the use of DX12.”

doesn't diminish what he said. Of course it would improve performance. Dev tools get better throughout a console's life.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
yeah 600%+ increase in draw calls is "all talk". console wars poison yalls minds

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Same thing y'all said about the cloud :ehh:
You actually believe in that cloud nonsense?:russ: In 2015 its not possible to have the kinda computing power needed to bring x1 games to 1080p 60fps much less getting actual better graphics. My problem with Microsoft is they don't respect their customer base. They feel they can totally mislead y'all and have false advertising and y'all eat that shyt up believing everything they say. Now all these companies are ass holes and only care about their bottom line, but at least Sony nor anyone else I can think of in the gaming industry is making false claims about the hardware pretty much being more powerful then it's competition when it's not.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
You actually believe in that cloud nonsense?:russ: In 2015 its not possible to have the kinda computing power needed to bring x1 games to 1080p 60fps much less getting actual better graphics. My problem with Microsoft is they don't respect their customer base. They feel they can totally mislead y'all and have false advertising and y'all eat that shyt up believing everything they say. Now all these companies are ass holes and only care about their bottom line, but at least Sony nor anyone else I can think of in the gaming industry is making false claims about the hardware pretty much being more powerful then it's competition when it's not.

Someone who doesn't know technology and Microsoft never misled that's Sony breh.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Someone who doesn't know technology and Microsoft never misled that's Sony breh.
:comeon:

There have been misleading and contradictory reports about direct 12x improving shyt since 2 years ago

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Sony ain't do that shyt with PS4 now with PS3 I'd give you the benefit of the doubt...................... but even then you'd still be wrong.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.:heh:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.:heh:
Look idiot if Microsoft cloud claims were true and they could more then double x1 performance with the tech Sony would easily be able to do the same thing. That's not some patented exclusive technology you dumb shyt. We need faster internet for that, a lot faster. Google fiber is not even fast enough to to give us better graphics from the cloud then what hardware can already do. Funny thing is when we finally do get there Sony is the one that's already laid the ground work. PlayStation Now is a cloud service essentially. Sometime in the distant future we won't need to buy hardware to hook to our TV, we will just be able to connect our tv's to the web and game on PSN and xflop that way, but don't hold your breath for that happening anytime soon. You believing ms lies:russ::bryan::umad:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Xbox has already produced games that are 1080p 60fps:ld:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More context.

“I got asked early on by people is DX12 would change the graphics capabilities of the Xbox One and I said that it wouldn’t. I thought – and I’m not trying to rain on anybody’s parade – the CPU, GPU, memory that’s in an Xbox One doesn’t change when you go to DX12. DX 12 makes it easier to do what the Xbox One is good at, which will be nice. You’ll see improvement in games with the use of DX12.”
That should add clarity to the story. Ive been watching this dx 12 situation and it sounds like its up to the dev team to make it work. I hope we dont hear about its hard to use or whatever.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
another informative tech thread in the arcadium

"Oh it should help a lot. I've been in the DirectX 12 developer program for a while. So, I've been playing around with a lot of those builds of Unreal Engine and seeing how they play out. Usually you're seeing a 20-ish% performance increase in most cases. So it definitely boosts the FPS which would allow to increase, especially on Xbox, which is a little more underpowered obviously than you're PS4".

"Microsoft propaganda"

"lol, the cloud"

thecoli-gif.4958