EA STOP BULLSHYTTIN AND GIVE US FIGHT NIGHT RD 5!!!

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Youre discounting a huge segment of boxing fans or casuals who would want to play as their favorite boxer. I see your point, but going from 85 to 30 boxers would see a huge segement riot. You got the Charlos, Errol Spence and Deontay Wilder, among others that possibly wouldnt be included.

To company a game like you mentioned would be a huge risk, but lets just agree to disagree. I’m looking at it from a company investment perspective.:yeshrug:
Bruh I'm looking at this from both a fan and business perspective, I work in finance...

Demand drives sales and there is huge demand for another boxing game...Most of the fans demanding this boxing game are willing to settle for less licensed boxers in exchange for a more fleshed out creation kit because we recognize how difficult it is to sign boxers...If the choice is between less licensed boxers or no boxing game, we'll gladly settle for less licensed boxers...

That said there is no reason why EA can't sign the Charlos, Spence and Deontay...None of those dudes gon give you a hard time because they are all still grinding, none of them selling out arenas and doing PPV numbers...These games offer more exposure to casuals which in return will generate bigger pay days for them...Al Haymon knows that better than anybody hence why PBC fights are on network television...Thurman vs Garcia was on NBC...

It's the Mayweather type that already got his PPV bag who is a pain to sign to a deal...

The casual is going to want his Mayweather, not having him signed will effect sales no doubt about that...Look at the WWE games though, they leave out plenty of wrestlers that dedicated communities create with the tools 2K provides...That's how you hedge your bet...If the gameplay is on point all it takes is a youtube video with a CAB that remotely looks like Floyd and you got that casual onboard...

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
There are no stars in boxing to market the game around. Boxing doesn’t have the popularity amongst casuals as it used to.

Drizzy Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think EA is working on it. I can definitely see Mayweather as his own DLC package in order to get him paid.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
We = every boxing forum on the internet

I post on 4 and post in the boxing section of OperationSports...

We don't care about licensed boxers...

We just want a fukking boxing game with a quality creation kit...

That's it...

Gameplay and creation kit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EA licensed boxers
That's a very, very small niche group of people breh. You have to know that.

You don't care but the majority care about marquee fighters OUT THE BOX, no assembly required.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Bruh I'm looking at this from both a fan and business perspective, I work in finance...

Demand drives sales and there is huge demand for another boxing game...Most of the fans demanding this boxing game are willing to settle for less licensed boxers in exchange for a more fleshed out creation kit because we recognize how difficult it is to sign boxers...If the choice is between less licensed boxers or no boxing game, we'll gladly settle for less licensed boxers...

That said there is no reason why EA can't sign the Charlos, Spence and Deontay...None of those dudes gon give you a hard time because they are all still grinding, none of them selling out arenas and doing PPV numbers...These games offer more exposure to casuals which in return will generate bigger pay days for them...Al Haymon knows that better than anybody hence why PBC fights are on network television...Thurman vs Garcia was on NBC...

It's the Mayweather type that already got his PPV bag who is a pain to sign to a deal...

The casual is going to want his Mayweather, not having him signed will effect sales no doubt about that...Look at the WWE games though, they leave out plenty of wrestlers that dedicated communities create with the tools 2K provides...That's how you hedge your bet...If the gameplay is on point all it takes is a youtube video with a CAB that remotely looks like Floyd and you got that casual onboard...

I can respect your viewpoint breh, but I'm looking at this from more of a market validation standpoint. Using WWE games is a bad comparison. (I haven't fukked with a WWE game since In Your House on the Saturn, so I got no clue on their rosters and DLC:flabbynsick:) A better indicator and multiple analysis would be combat sports aka UFC 3 which barely broke 500K in sales.

One thing they taught us in the MBA program is never to make decisions based on assumptions. There are many different segments that enjoy boxing, yours is just one. PBC ( looking forward to Swift v Showtime) is not video gaming there's no investment on the consumer end, the boxers get paid.
Video games cost 60$ and consumers want bang for their buck. SFV and BF2 are a great example of this, they got fukking railed because of a barebones launch. After that Battlefront fiasco they can't take negative publicity like that again.

No boxer is putting in free promotion or short selling theirselves, those Ali Vs Inoki days are gone. I forgot what boxer said it but, "Al Haymon is not stopping the good fights we pick who we want to fight and we get paid regardless". Al has widened those dudes up they are about maximizing their profit, they aren't grinding like 10 years ago.

If anything gets this game made it's newcomers to the series picking up FNC on the Xbone and PSN store to validate potential new segments. EA already knows they got diehards ( no offense) like you in the pocket but it's not enough.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Bruh I never even unlocked the OG Foreman...

I think you needed some promotion code for him...SMH

I downloaded the OG Foreman on Xbox One. Here's the post I followed from op sports that broke it down.

Ok so guys I know I said before he wasn't available, but looks like after 7 yrs EA finally made it happen. Prime George Foreman is finally dlc and the best part about it is he's absolutely FREE! Now there is a problem with the FNC content on the MS store, so to get him you'll have to purchase the content on xbox.com. Just make sure you have your console linked to your profile on xbox.com so that when you purchase the download on there, it will go straight to the ready to download section on your system. So you go on xbox.com, search for FNC and you'll see Legendary Young George Foreman there in the add on's section. Once you purchase it on there, fire up your console and go to manage games & add on's for FNC. The download should be there in the ready to install section.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I downloaded the OG Foreman on Xbox One. Here's the post I followed from op sports that broke it down.

Ok so guys I know I said before he wasn't available, but looks like after 7 yrs EA finally made it happen. Prime George Foreman is finally dlc and the best part about it is he's absolutely FREE! Now there is a problem with the FNC content on the MS store, so to get him you'll have to purchase the content on xbox.com. Just make sure you have your console linked to your profile on xbox.com so that when you purchase the download on there, it will go straight to the ready to download section on your system. So you go on xbox.com, search for FNC and you'll see Legendary Young George Foreman there in the add on's section. Once you purchase it on there, fire up your console and go to manage games & add on's for FNC. The download should be there in the ready to install section.
Is Foreman the only one you can do this for? I will try this later on.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
:hubie:Not trying to defend EA, but Dana White got them MMA dudes as slaves so they can just go into game with no complaints. Boxers are their own properties and have hella smarten up to the digital age. They are probably demanding fat stacks for their likeness. Allah Haymon will make sure they get paid and you know pacquiao need that money too.

FNC had 85 fighters so that's 85 checks for likenesses they have to cut. Keep in mind FNC didn't sell 2 million units.

Also dude in that video sounded like a bytch, "Ohhhh I will start a social media campaign":skip:

yup. the business aspect of it is why it's not gonna get made. spending all of that money to satisfy a niche audience isn't something that EA's top brass will sign up for. they could make a license-free boxing sim tho. but again, they're looking at whatever will maximize profits​

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Shame because Champion going on XB1 proved there's still an active audience. A current gen Fight Night on both consoles? It'll still do numbers
Yeah it’s pretty wild how active it is on the less popular platform. IF sony stopped bullshytting FNC likely sees 3K during peak times.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Shame because Champion going on XB1 proved there's still an active audience. A current gen Fight Night on both consoles? It'll still do numbers
It would. Champion sold roughly 2 mil across all platforms

UFC 3 sold almost 900 thousand on PS4 and X1 per VGchartz

but :manny:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The only factor EA considers when choosing whether to make an MMA or boxing game is popularity. Popularity sells. And while UFC is waning hard, it's still got a long ways to go before boxing is considered more popular among casuals again. All that licensing shyt comes second, they've done it 4 other times, and didn't even have the best boxer at the time in the game, and still sold 2 million.

It's sad, but we just have to pray and pray on UFC's downfall. If you guys think because FN outsold THEN, what UFC sells NOW, that they can put out a boxing game and it will do better, you're dead wrong. Combat sports really falling off in the mainstream atm, but things come in cycles so.....