EA STOP BULLSHYTTIN AND GIVE US FIGHT NIGHT RD 5!!!

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
The only factor EA considers when choosing whether to make an MMA or boxing game is popularity. Popularity sells. And while UFC is waning hard, it's still got a long ways to go before boxing is considered more popular among casuals again. All that licensing shyt comes second, they've done it 4 other times, and didn't even have the best boxer at the time in the game, and still sold 2 million.

It's sad, but we just have to pray and pray on UFC's downfall. If you guys think because FN outsold THEN, what UFC sells NOW, that they can put out a boxing game and it will do better, you're dead wrong. Combat sports really falling off in the mainstream atm, but things come in cycles so.....

Thing is though is that more people are playing Fight Night Champion than UFC 3. The numbers don't lie. :ld:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thing is though is that more people are playing Fight Night Champion than UFC 3. The numbers don't lie. :ld:

I'm a man of facts, so I'ma need someone that owns both games to confirm this please. With time of day proof.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
i have played UFC 3 for hundreds of hours (im addicted) and it is NOT that popular. the ground game is still frustrating and so hit or miss, denials and overall excecution are confusing and not really explained. they also revolved the entire fukking game around mcgregor.

also ultimate team while they did bring balance compared to UFC 2, its still fukking trash.

overall, at its core its got decent mechanics, but again the ground game is what sucks about it,

honestly i want another fukking boxing game already

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a man of facts, so I'ma need someone that owns both games to confirm this please. With time of day proof.

Boxing has been dominating UFC in ratings the last 2 years as well.

The time for boxing is now. The only reason UFC has the rights to EA is because of easy licencing, not popularity..it has fallen off of a cliff (again, it comes in cycles like you mentioned)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, unless Top Rank and/or Golden Boy decides to package all their signed fighters' likenesses on some NFLPA/NBAPA shyt, we ain't getting another Fight Night. The cost to get everyone licensed versus the (sadly) minimal profit doesn't make it worth their time.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
At this point I just want a current gen boxing game. It could be like Contender that came out for the ps1 for all I care. I wonder why a different studio hasn't made one yet.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Boxing has been dominating UFC in ratings the last 2 years as well.

The time for boxing is now. The only reason UFC has the rights to EA is because of easy licencing, not popularity..it has fallen off of a cliff (again, it comes in cycles like you mentioned)

What ratings are these?

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I'm cool with the idea, but fukk Isaac frost. Took me forever to beat that nikka.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What ratings are these?

The last few televised UFC cards have had pretty bad ratings. Also, PPV buys are down. With boxing, ratings and PPV buys are up, but it's bit white the same since boxing isn't televised as frequently as UFC is right now. But with Top Rank's new deal with ESPN, that might change a bit.

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I know we all fiending for a new boxing game but you must be out of your mind to have any trust or faith in EA.

A lot of the fun from Fight Night came from the online fukkery, the shyt talking, and that it was good casual/social type of game you played with your brothers, cousins or friends.

...but in reality, the series is trash and unrealistic. No fluidity, no distance control, no footwork, non-existent inside game, shallow defense and offense mechanics, a small range of punches and fighting styles. Bad AI. Cheese. Spam. Just all around horrible. Hopefully, EA never brings Fight Night back.

I do want a new boxing game but personally, I'd either want to see it made by developers that actually love boxing and will care that the game is good. Not just about it being a cash cow with microtransactions, packs and all that type of shyt. Or it not be so serious and just go the fun route, like an anime boxing game or something. A lot of them random anime games look like some random weirdo trash on the surface, then you get into it and it has all types of advanced controls, super deep gameplay mechanics, and a high skill ceiling. :ohhh:

Japan has a strong boxing scene and a few champions right now so I can see some developers with a bit of backing making a surprisingly fire boxing game

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
I know we all fiending for a new boxing game but you must be out of your mind to have any trust or faith in EA.

A lot of the fun from Fight Night came from the online fukkery, the shyt talking, and that it was good casual/social type of game you played with your brothers, cousins or friends.

...but in reality, the series is trash and unrealistic. No fluidity, no distance control, no footwork, non-existent inside game, shallow defense and offense mechanics, a small range of punches and fighting styles. Bad AI. Cheese. Spam. Just all around horrible. Hopefully, EA never brings Fight Night back.

I do want a new boxing game but personally, I'd either want to see it made by developers that actually love boxing and will care that the game is good. Not just about it being a cash cow with microtransactions, packs and all that type of shyt. Or it not be so serious and just go the fun route, like an anime boxing game or something. A lot of them random anime games look like some random weirdo trash on the surface, then you get into it and it has all types of advanced controls, super deep gameplay mechanics, and a high skill ceiling. :ohhh:

Japan has a strong boxing scene and a few champions right now so I can see some developers with a bit of backing making a surprisingly fire boxing game

If you talking about the Victorious Boxers games those games were fire. Me personally I think Fight Night Champion is the best boxing game EA ever did. Simply because all the spam in the game can be countered. Granted you gotta know what you doing, but when you put a spammer in his place it's a thing of beauty.

Back to your point though. If Japan made another boxing game like VB, I wont' complain. :ld:

Last edited:

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If you talking about the Victorious Boxers games those games were fire. Me personally I think Fight Night Champion is the best boxing game EA ever did. Simply because all the spam in the game can be countered. Granted you gotta know what you doing, but when you put a spammer in his place it's a thing of beauty.

Back to your point though. If Japan made another boxing game like VB, I wont' complain.
I wasn't talking about Victorious Boxers, but now that you mention it:ohhh:

An improved, current gen, anime art style game that's similar to a VB was kinda what I was imagining

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
i have played UFC 3 for hundreds of hours (im addicted) and it is NOT that popular. the ground game is still frustrating and so hit or miss, denials and overall excecution are confusing and not really explained. they also revolved the entire fukking game around mcgregor.

also ultimate team while they did bring balance compared to UFC 2, its still fukking trash.

overall, at its core its got decent mechanics, but again the ground game is what sucks about it,

honestly i want another fukking boxing game already
The ground game is what sucks about UFC as a sport