Educate me on how liberal economic policies help black males.....

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
And as I stated before that position doesn't exist in a vacuum because you also support the dismantling of the welfare state without reparations. :mjlol:
Dismantling of the current welfare state in favor of a more efficient/effective one, yes... but reparations are an absolute must as far as im concerned and priority number 1.

I dont support any kind of bootstrapping nonsense for black people.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
Dismantling of the current welfare state in favor of a more efficient/effective one, yes... but reparations are an absolute must as far as im concerned and priority number 1.

I dont support any kind of bootstrapping nonsense for black people.

What could be more effective than the welfare state , in your opinion

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
A negative income tax wouldn't have to target blacks specifically to help blacks, which makes it the more digestible... but yes, reparations in the form of tax exemptions specifically for the descendants of slaves.
:jbhmm:
Why hasnt anyone stated How Democratic policies or liberal policies helped blacks (economically) since the 60s?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why hasnt anyone stated How Democratic policies or liberal policies helped blacks (economically) since the 60s?
ACA
medicare expansion
ACA moving the age to 26 to stay on their parents insurance
a host of social programs
universal pre-k
student debt forgiveness
credit card protections
CFPB

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Its really a question of 'what trade offs were made', not so much whether or not blacks were helped at all by these policies...

:ehh:its also good to remember statist prefer to look at/frame these issues in terms of class not race, and enact policies that assist "the poor" not African Americans specifically.
Our unique set of circumstances and challenges are not just ignored, but obscured... which in my opinion is more dangerous to the AA community than overt bigotry.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
black nationalist used the funds and the policys to uplift and unify the black community
I guess. (I know for sure most so called hood programs or programs catered to us are Caucasian controlled and ran. Not saying they are horrible- just saying so called black nationalist aren't running many social programs)

Sometimes black people use their own money and businesses to uplift. Or use black ran charter and private schools.

Also, there are times when social policies destory or make a sub-culture stagnant in progress.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
I guess. (I know for sure most so called hood programs or programs catered to us are Caucasian controlled and ran. Not saying they are horrible- just saying so called black nationalist aren't running many social programs)

Sometimes black people use their own money and businesses to uplift. Or use black ran charter and private schools.

Also, there are times when social policies destory or make a sub-culture stagnant in progress.
government never intended to have these programs run forever, these community programs was suppose to be investment vehicle for black investor to get involved and experience what community control feels like.