Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Here is what is flabbergasting to me.

I mean, I think we all can agree there was a time Eminem was vicious with the pen regardless if you like him or not, and he was cognitive of the junk he was writing.

I mean the dude can't be that far gone that after he wrote a bar like " I got an air about me like a wind chime" or the countless other atrocious lines, that he cognitively said to himself " yea, these are tight"

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
:ehh: Somebody to keep an eye on.

He actually sounds like he trying to be heard for what he saying instead of simply having a catchy flow. His voice also reminds me of someone else for some reason. Can't put my finger on it.

I need a Lou and Earl collabo.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'm listening to the new Eminem album. Wouldn't say it's my cup of tea in the replay value department.There's things I enjoy about it but I can see what people don't like about it

he should focus on humor and not soul

If it's not early Eminem it's most likely not my cup of tea. His first 3 albums represent an uncomparable product in the hip-hop market but it's also distinct enough to maintain a separation between itself and what would be considered classic hip-hop, because of that I don't categorize them as hip-hop classics. The first three albums were a solid run though and lyrically Eminem can be unmatchable but that doesn't always lend to the musicality of the song and that's why it seems that the song in itself is taking a backseat to the lyrics, and it's kind of like a schtick now.

Relapse was thematic, and if you can get past the vocal experimentation it's some of his most exceptionally lyrically inclined work, not to mention the last album with heavy involvement from Dr. Dre.

He's not in mine but having him in the top 10 is fair but beyond that you're in shakey territory
Nah...nope. Marshal Mathers Album definitely classic for the era. It was legit.

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder if folks saying untouchable is straight wack are turning it off before they get to the 2nd part. I understand why cause the first part is so cringinly bad. But floats on the beat change. :ohlawd:. Why didnt he just make it 2 songs?

Daps
He straight up forgot how to flow. This has happened before to rappers but not nearly this bad. Prodigy sounded off on some of his later work but still had songs where his flow was good. Raekwon's slower flow sounded terrible for a period of time before he switched things up. Same with Ghost.

But none of them fell as far as Em, who sounds like the rap equalivent of a stroke victim learning to speak again. He's trying all these patterns and adding words everywhere but it sounds like an off beat rant. And this has been the case for years. I don't get it.
He was spitting fire on that 50 cent my life in 2012, I don’t know what the fukk is going on with him...

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I’ve been reading this thread and listening to reactions for a week before listening to the album.

Y’all set the bar so low for my expectations that when I finally heard it, it wasn’t that bad.

7.5 outta 10

It will age better as time goes by.

swerve

All Star
Daps
I’ve been reading this thread and listening to reactions for a week before listening to the album.

Y’all set the bar so low for my expectations that when I finally heard it, it wasn’t that bad.

7.5 outta 10

It will age better as time goes by.
Most of the people giving it negative reviews in here hasnt listened to it, tops just skim through it.

The only really bad thing about it is when he is using the choppy mechanical flow. Most of the beats are solid