Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
Those songs were?

I didn’t look at the songs as they played unfortunately, but I remember one that I’m sure was the song I read nikkas on the Coli clowning for a Larry Migos flow. Em ripped that. Another was an introspective joint talking about fame and it’s influence on his daughter. It was cool. The beats of the songs I heard were better than I expected and he sounded like he was on his game with the flow...

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I didn’t look at the songs as they played unfortunately, but I remember one that I’m sure was the song I read nikkas on the Coli clowning for a Larry Migos flow. Em ripped that. Another was an introspective joint talking about fame and it’s influence on his daughter. It was cool. The beats of the songs I heard were better than I expected and he sounded like he was on his game with the flow...
I'm guessing that's Believe and Castle but yea you need to peep the middle to understand why the sentiment is so negative. One of the problems with this album is that the good songs are simply cool but I don't think you;d call any of em great imo.

If you take out like half the songs it would be a decent little album, but you could say that about a lot of albums.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This is his worst effort honestly. I'm only half way feeling 3 tracks. Other than that this shyt is horrible in so many ways. Id take Recovery over this shyt. At least he had content on that one. And how many times he's gonna mention Hailie. Isn't she in her 20' s by now. Smh

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the tracklist was so corny i didnt want to listen but I heard Untouchable on shade45 and was impressed with the content. reminded me of the BET freestyle. Is the rest of the album containing a social message like that or is it mostly bullshyt? Unlike most I can deal with em not being his technical best of hes actually gonna use his fame to speak on real shyt, its more so cause I didnt like his content that in the past if it wasnt on some top notch lyrical shyt i would be like nah

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Lol at referring to “the coli’s opinions” in reference to this album. This shyt is embarrassing for long time Em fans and rap fans in general. There is not a single redeeming quality about this. I’m not even sure if peak Shady/Dre beats would have helped his rapping

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
I just skipped through the album a few moments ago, and this is absolutely unbearable, unlistenable, embarassingly bad "music".
It's a complete shame to see how absolutely unable Eminem is to use his unbelievable talent to create actual "music".
I said this numerous times on here, but he's technically/lyrically one of the best to ever do it, but he's like a robot set on maximum rhyming/technical skills but without ANY sense of flow, musical direction or feeling/soul. The production is embarassing as hell with the corny and cheap rock n roll influence & bland, stadion pop trash. He just needs a producer/production team with an actual vision that supplies him with dope beats and tells him how to craft actual songs out of his talent. As I'm typing this I'm listening to "Never Enough" from the "Encore" album, and this is what I mean. Dres beat is great and Eminem kills it, great rhyming & technique but also an amazing "song" itself.

swerve

All Star
Daps
I just skipped through the album a few moments ago, and this is absolutely unbearable, unlistenable, embarassingly bad "music".
It's a complete shame to see how absolutely unable Eminem is to use his unbelievable talent to create actual "music".
I said this numerous times on here, but he's technically/lyrically one of the best to ever do it, but he's like a robot set on maximum rhyming/technical skills but without ANY sense of flow, musical direction or feeling/soul. The production is embarassing as hell with the corny and cheap rock n roll influence & bland, stadion pop trash. He just needs a producer/production team with an actual vision that supplies him with dope beats and tells him how to craft actual songs out of his talent. As I'm typing this I'm listening to "Never Enough" from the "Encore" album, and this is what I mean. Dres beat is great and Eminem kills it, great rhyming & technique but also an amazing "song" itself.
:laugh:

I remember when all the Ross stan always defended his weak ass shyt by saying he's making "music"