England brehs, I may be moving to your country and need some tips and advice

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
I'm going to be finished with my AA at my community college here in Miami next spring, and I'm thinking about taking a gap year and living in London for a year with my uncle, who lives in Hackney in Northeast London. If I like it, I may just end up staying and finagling my way into an English university. If I don't, I'll just go back to America and finish college. Here are my questions:

1. How bad is the crime in the common areas? Like if I walk around for a day, what's the chance of me getting stabbed, robbed at gun/knifepoint, getting pickpocketed, fighting some drunk Englishman at a pub, or getting shot by police?

2. I know the cost of living is fukked (my uncle told me how much his house cost IN NINETEEN NINETY NINE and I wanted to throw up) but how much does a one bedroom apartment not in areas surrounded by dopefiends and Guyanese dope boys cost?

3. How well are black people doing out there? Like how ATL & DC in America are stereotypically hallmarks of black excellence, is there a borough in London with such?

4. What's the entrepreneurial scene like for black people? Specifically the tech/sports scene?

5. The women:shaq: Are the majority of black women really wenches? How do the mixed girls treat black men? Are the white girls PAWGs:shaq: or FAWGs:scust: Will the girls treat me better because I'm American, even though I'm still of Caribbean descent?

6. If I bought a house one day, what would be a nice area to move to where I would be surrounded by black professionals?

7. How easy is it to get around on the public transportation? How clean are the buses/trains?

8. What stuff is there to do for young people if you're not a partying type of person? I imagine partying in central London gets boring after a while

9. Where the good barbers at?

Salute:salute:

Last edited:

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
G'day mate! Tip of the morning from across the pond! Shiver me timbers! Pip pip cheerio! Now that I got the out of the way, I got some serious questions for the UK (specifically London brehs)

I'm going to be finished with my AA at my community college here in Miami next spring, and I'm thinking about taking a gap year and living in London for a year with my uncle, who lives in Hackney in Northeast London. If I like it, I may just end up staying and finagling my way into an English university. If I don't, I'll just go back to America and finish college. Here are my questions:

1. How bad is the crime in the common areas? Like if I walk around for a day, what's the chance of me getting stabbed, robbed at gun/knifepoint, getting pickpocketed, fighting some drunk Englishman at a pub, or getting shot by police?

2. I know the cost of living is fukked (my uncle told me how much his house cost IN NINETEEN NINETY NINE and I wanted to throw up) but how much does a one bedroom apartment not in areas surrounded by dopefiends and Guyanese dope boys cost?

3. How well are black people doing out there? Like how ATL & DC in America are stereotypically hallmarks of black excellence, is there a borough in London with such?

4. What's the entrepreneurial scene like for black people? Specifically the tech/sports scene?

5. The women:shaq: Are the majority of black women really wenches? How do the mixed girls treat black men? Are the white girls PAWGs:shaq: or FAWGs:scust: Will the girls treat me better because I'm American, even though I'm still of Caribbean descent?

6. If I bought a house one day, what would be a nice area to move to where I would be surrounded by black professionals?

7. How easy is it to get around on the public transportation? How clean are the buses/trains?

8. What stuff is there to do for young people if you're not a partying type of person? I imagine partying in central London gets boring after a while

Salute:salute:

That's Australia breh :snoop:

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shiver me timbers...

giphy.gif

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London

Hackney has a reputation for being booky but the probability of the aforementioned happening is pretty low. East London has seen some regeneration over the last few years and will continue to see development, Dalston and Shoreditch are where all the hipsters hang out. In 2017, the estates in Homerton and London Fields are where most of the [redacted] activity in Hackney is happening but if you aren't in that world you don't have much to worry about.

Zoopla > Search Property to Buy, Rent, House Prices, Estate Agents

I'm not too sure about Hackney but for London in general I can't really point to something, a lot of well-off black families I know live in the suburbs/outskirts of London.

Similar to the previous answer, Black people are only 13% of the population in London and 3% of the UK population.

Most people stick to their own but yeah, you'll probably see more interracial relationships than you're used to seeing whilst you're in London. In regard to you being American, that might help you but if you can't get girls stateside you'll probably struggle over here too.

There isn't really a concentrated Black middle class over here, my advise would be to buy where Black people have historically lived.

London is very easy to get around via public transport. I can't vouch for the cleanliness, it's kind of like New York.

Depends what you're interested in, I play a lot of Basketball and occasionally go record shopping. There's plenty to do in London.

They're everywhere, anywhere you see Black people living there's a good barbers nearby.

Last edited: