Entire coal industry employs fewer people than Arby’s

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
i dont look down on manual labor....sh1t somedays i get tired of seating at my desk

this is what i dislike about some of you black liberals like @88m3 ,@The Fukin Prophecy and the like you cant put yourself in someone else's shoes...its a serious character flaw.
First off I'm not a liberal...

Second I'll never be able to put myself in the shoes of a stubborn inbred moron..I don't look down on manual labor, I look down on idiots who fail to realize they're being played by politicians in the pockets of the CEO's who are taking their jobs away in favor of automation...

Where I come from you do whatever you have to to survive...I believe your massas call that "picking yourself up by the boot straps"...but your massas don't like to take their own advice when the proverbial shoes on the other foot...When your massas lose their jobs they like to sit around smoke meth, drink, beat the wife, rape the daughter and go to KKK rallies blaming black folk and immigrants for everything that's wrong with their pathetic lives...

If its a character flaw that I am unable to put myself in the shoes of a fool like that I'm glad I have it...

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
First off I'm not a liberal...

Second I'll never be able to put myself in the shoes of a stubborn inbred moron..I don't look down on manual labor, I look down on idiots who fail to realize they're being played by politicians in the pockets of the CEO's who are taking their jobs away in favor of automation...

Where I come from you do whatever you have to to survive...I believe your massas call that "picking yourself up by the boot straps"...but your massas don't like to take their own advice when the proverbial shoes on the other foot...When your massas lose their jobs they like to sit around smoke meth, drink, beat the wife, rape the daughter and go to KKK rallies blaming black folk and immigrants for everything that's wrong with their pathetic lives...

If its a character flaw that I am unable to put myself in the shoes of a fool like that I'm glad I have it...

:francis:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even the Chinese are thinking of pulling back on coal. The problem with states like West Virginia is that they never invested in education or development of human capital. I doubt they retain a lot of young people there, it just looks like a state that people who can leave do so. There are many example of states reacting to decline in industrial production through platform investments made in education. Boston, Pittsburgh, North Carolina's research triangle are all examples of cities and even states making diversification moves well in advance.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Even the Chinese are thinking of pulling back on coal. The problem with states like West Virginia is that they never invested in education or development of human capital. I doubt they retain a lot of young people there, it just looks like a state that people who can leave do so. There are many example of states reacting to decline in industrial production through platform investments made in education. Boston, Pittsburgh, North Carolina's research triangle are all examples of cities and even states making diversification moves well in advance.
Yep yep.

I have a city in my state that also was heavily reliant on coal and after the decline of the industry, instead of letting the city just die, they moved towards attracting tech industry and other businesses and have remained afloat. Young people in the state flock to this city though they are still lagging behind another big city in the state in job availability to some degree. They got a bit of that hipster crowd though.

Last edited:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep yep.

I have a city in my state that also was heavily reliant on coal and after the decline of the industry, instead of letting the city just die, they moved towards attracting tech industry and other businesses and have remained afloat.
And for that to happen you need to be attractive to young people and have the ability to attract newer industries. Pittsburgh also used to be heavily covered in smog and reliant on manufacturing, the tallest building used to be US Steel but now belongs to UPMC the medical college. Carnegie Mellon, Pitt and other institutions are located within the city and they have helped to attract robotics and other IT stuff. Of course the replacement jobs are not going to absorb everyone and some of them may provide a high return to labor for skilled people but that's better than betting everything on a single industry.

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
Been saying forever, instead of bringing coal jobs back, how about you give huge tax cuts to clean energy companies for setting up in states where coal used to be the thing? Teach people, new, modern skills that their kids can learn and keep going for years to come. Instead, these places would rather keep their headlamp and pick ax and die an early death cause "thats all they know". SMH. Such backwards ass thinking. Setup solar manufacturing plants, wind turbine plants, etc in these backwoods ass places and actually teach people skills they can rely on.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been saying forever, instead of bringing coal jobs back, how about you give huge tax cuts to clean energy companies for setting up in states where coal used to be the thing? Teach people, new, modern skills that their kids can learn and keep going for years to come. Instead, these places would rather keep their headlamp and pick ax and die an early death cause "thats all they know". SMH. Such backwards ass thinking. Setup solar manufacturing plants, wind turbine plants, etc in these backwoods ass places and actually teach people skills they can rely on.
The problem is that these states have not invested as much in education to be able to attract companies looking for skilled people. There is a higher likelihood of clean energy companies taking off in states like California, Texas, North Carolina etc because the skills are there and people want to stay in those areas. Hanging on to these industries as part of their identity is a big issue. JFK campaigned and was appalled by WV poverty and more than 5 decades later those same places are still poor.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
nKck6Jn.jpg

People STILL use coal???? :dahell: