ESPN first Take laughs at going to Milwaukee / Phoenix NBA Finals

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
:mjlol:
So you're saying their market size includes people that aren't in that market?
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
Did I say market size you dumb fukk? Show me your broad. I guarantee I will bag her and draw 216 on her ass and send you the photo

You a clown. Taking pride in a city that you're irrelevant in :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You would think at some point Silver would step in and say something to ESPN seeing as all it does is fuel the narrative about the bias against small market teams. Too bytchmade to do anything about it though as they view any NBA talk as eyes being on their product whether it's positive or negative.

No way would Goodell and the NFL allow some of the talk and slander about their product and teams that ESPN does about the NBA.

agreed, these goofy fukks don't realize they fukkin wth the bag with this stupid shyt trying to clout chase and generate ratings.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Stephen A. clown ass is the top big market pusher stop with the elitism.

U going to them cities to work at least partake in the attraction, communities, cuisine, and local culture, something different nikka.

Stephen A. always taking about being in Miami Beach and women calling him “Esteban”. :duck:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yes it’s based on households and most people aren’t labeling a location with over 2.5 million households an average city or small market like you suggested.

And where did the 3 million number come from exactly? Cause I’ve never heard someone say the Warriors are a small market team because the Bay doesn’t have 3 million households
Okay fine, i'll concede that nuance. They probably aren't going to call the Warriors or teams around that range small market. But they aren't calling them big market either. The team's i named are the only Big market teams. The way ya'll tell it, half the league is big market.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So you're saying a teams market size includes people that aren't in that teams market?

So for example like a lakers fan who lives in utah, that goes to jazz games whenever the lakers are in town gets added to LA's market numbers? :pachaha:

That's always been the definition of a team's market breh. :comeon:

If the Lakers relocated to Moreno Valley in order to convince Kawhi to sign, they'd still be a big market team no matter how small their city is. Your market is defined by the size of your fanbase or potential fanbase, not by arbitrary political lines.

TallMan_J

FBA/ADOS. APTTMH
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Knowledge and Wealth
In an NBA context Milwaukee is but Phoenix is damn near a borderline big market

Phoenix is legit the 5th largest city in the United States. Their stadium stays rocking and they essentially have one of the hypest crowds/fanbases in the NBA. How in the fukk is that “Small Market”?
:what:

shyt like Green Bay, Orlando, Denver, Utah, and Milwaukee could be considered that, but I don’t understand how Phoenix is.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Small market is not based on the city breh, it's based on the total number of households and how much revenue that area has to compete with other places.
Atl might not seem like a small market to you, but guarantee they're never competing dollar for dollar with any real big markets in any sport.
I thought it was based on the metro and strength of media.

For example SA has a large population and is kinda touristic but it has a small media.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Did I say market size you dumb fukk? Show me your broad. I guarantee I will bag her and draw 216 on her ass and send you the photo

You a clown. Taking pride in a city that you're irrelevant in :mjlol:
aww you sound hurt all of sudden :umad::mjlol:
all i did was kill your shytty argument, no need to take it personal:pachaha:

Bossino

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
MLB hasn't had a repeat champion in 20 years. In that time, Arizona, Miami, Kansas City, and St. Louis won world series and the big markets who have won have either won for the first time (Nationals, Astros) or broke ridiculously long ass droughts to win it (Boston, Philly, Chicago Cubs AND White Sox, San Francisco, BOTH LA teams). Not everyone is the Seattle Mariners.
You're 100% correct. The regular season is just veryyy long and if you're team is in a 10-15 year drought (speaking as someone who wasted 2005-2012 watching 40-80 padres game a year) at some point it becomes a literal waste of time

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I thought it was based on the metro and strength of media.

For example SA has a large population and is kinda touristic but it has a small media.
From what i've seen online, (mostly online rankings) it's based mostly on the number of households, but that might be a factor too.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
So you're saying a teams market size includes people that aren't in that teams market?

Oh thanks for clarifying you dont know what the hell you talking about. YES nikka. The Atlanta Braves market expands outside of GA due to all their games being carried on TBS back in the day. Similarly the Bulls had an extraordinary market not because there are a lot of people in Chicago but also because their games were on WGN and everybody got that channel when Jordan was making his run. When people are talking about the size of a market in terms of sports, they are talking about the media market, aka how many fans does this team reach. Not how money homes are in the area. :mjlol:

Let me clear it up for you some more. Notre Dame is located in South Bend Indiana yet it is a major market team. Thats because NBC broadcasted all of their games around the country. Similarly the Dallas Cowbows are called America's team because they used to broadcast their games everywhere when they were good so they are popular as fukk EVERYWHERE. The Dallas Cowboys are not a small market team. :mjlol:

Last edited: