ESPN first Take laughs at going to Milwaukee / Phoenix NBA Finals

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Phoenix is legit the 5th largest city in the United States. Their stadium stays rocking and they essentially have one of the hypest crowds/fanbases in the NBA. How in the fukk is that “Small Market”?
:what:

shyt like Green Bay, Orlando, Denver, Utah, and Milwaukee could be considered that, but I don’t understand how Phoenix is.

likely it’s bc the market size is based on the metro area so places like PHX and SA as mentioned are smaller in regards to overall media market. Even Cleveland is a much larger media market than SA despite the actual city itself being less populated

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
This why the NFL is the goat American sport(even tho I like hoops more). No fukking way the NFL letting they guys( guys careers that was built by the NFL i.e ex player or media) slander they brand. shyt just not gonna happen like the nba constantly has they ex players in media or former beat guys just shyt on the product.

Nfl dudes call league soft all the time

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Here is the rankings of TV media markets based on population just for reference:

Major pro sports teams ranked by market size
Oh thanks for clarifying you dont know what the hell you talking about. YES nikka. The Atlanta Braves market expands outside of GA due to all their games being carried on TBS back in the day. Similarly the Bulls had an extraordinary market not because there are a lot of people in Chicago but also because their games were on WGN and everybody got that channel when Jordan was making his run. When people are talking about the size of a market in terms of sports, they are talking about the media market, aka how many fans does this team reach. Not how money homes are in the area. :mjlol:

Let me clear it up for you some more. Notre Dame is located in South Bend Indiana yet it is a major market team. Thats because NBC broadcasted all of their games around the country. Similarly the Dallas Cowbows are called America's team because they used to broadcast their games everywhere when they were good so they were popular as fukk EVERYWHERE. The Dallas Cowboys are not a small market team. :mjlol:
:mjlol:

TallMan_J

FBA/ADOS. APTTMH
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Knowledge and Wealth
likely it’s bc the market size is based on the metro area so places like PHX and SA as mentioned are smaller in regards to overall media market. Even Cleveland is a much larger media market than SA despite the actual city itself being less populated

Hmm...makes sense.
:ehh:

Salute for the good response.
:salute:

No shade, but I forgot to mention the Sacramento Kings. I don’t see how that team still even exists in that city/location.

Don De Dieu

Standing in the sun getting black as I want
Daps
Reppin
Milwaukee
Milwaukee is about as black as you can get in that part of the country :gucci:

Correct. White people are the minority here and Black folks make up the biggest ethnic group here. You could go through pockets of the north side and barely see any white folks.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You would think at some point Silver would step in and say something to ESPN seeing as all it does is fuel the narrative about the bias against small market teams. Too bytchmade to do anything about it though as they view any NBA talk as eyes being on their product whether it's positive or negative.

No way would Goodell and the NFL allow some of the talk and slander about their product and teams that ESPN does about the NBA.

Trickle down effect of "Inside the NBA" coverage.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I hate ESPN/NBA with a passion….Other than the commentary team, There’s nothing good about ESPN/NBA and I wish that Silver would take the NBA off they’re network because it’s a bad look to clown 2 cities that could possibly be in the NBA finals on the very network that shows those games.

That segment was 2021 sports journalism/coverage in a nutshell. Molly wanna be taken seriously at her job but says dumb shyt like this…

That’s apart of your job…you’re going outhere to work, not go on vacation and post on your IG on a beach surrounded by build a thots with martinis. You can do that on you’re free time. I don’t know what Jalen sees in her…bytch is annoying and shallow.
:camby:

TallMan_J

FBA/ADOS. APTTMH
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Knowledge and Wealth
You a small market if you have less the 3million households. All the teams you listed are under the 3 milly mark.

Nikka, what?
:rudy:

Which one of the overpopulated, overpriced, and arguably overrated metropolitan areas are you from? You seem to be defending this a little personally. I’m guessing that you’re an NY breh.
:sas2:

*EDIT*

Never mind. Dead fukking giveaway. I just checked your avi info. You’re from Harlem. Never fails.