ESPN Reporting: Manny Pacquiao In Serious Financial Trouble

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
Yesterday, we told you about how Floyd Mayweather was just named the highest-earning athlete of 2013 by Sports Illustrated. Unfortunately, we can't say the same for Manny Pacquiao.

Although he's enjoyed a long, lucrative boxing career, it sounds like Pacman's bank account is slowly inching closer and closer to zero. Because of all the business investments he has made over the years—and because he doesn't seem to pay close attention to his money like Mayweather does—he could be broke within the next couple of years. It's reportedly one of the reasons he wants to continue boxing and one of the reasons that, in all reality, he needs to continue doing it in order to survive.

"Manny has clearly lost the zeal for boxing that he once had," journalist Ted Lerner says in an ESPN piece published late yesterday. "Before, he used to fight for the love of fighting, and the money seemed secondary. Now he is obviously fighting for only one reason: money."

Is this true? Is Manny really that hard up for cash right now? Read the rest of the ESPN story to see why it does sound like the former champ is headed down the wrong path when it comes to his finances. We just hope he doesn't continue boxing simply because he needs the money. That's no way for a great boxer like him to go out—and it could have a terrible impact on his health at some point down the line.

- Via Complex.com (ESPN.com)

didn't mayweather offer him $40 million?:lupe:

29bo8wm.gif

29bo8wm.gif

29bo8wm.gif

29bo8wm.gif
29bo8wm.gif
29bo8wm.gif

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
:manny:

Not the least bit surprised. One thing you can say about Floyd is he IS indeed about his money and making the most he possibly can. Though Floyd has a lot of yes men around, unlike Pacquiao I don't think Floyd has his weed carriers handling his money or investments.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Freddy roach been saying dude would go broke because dude entoruage is like huge and dude pays for everything (airfare,hotel space etc)

in freddy's eyes dude is too generous

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
This dude lives in arguable one of the poorest countries in the world. He gon' be alright.

So yall gonna act like Manny didnt almost go to jail last year for not paying his taxes in the Philippines. Dude has the jew Arum robbing him and forcing him to fight for pennies instead of double his highest Pay, he has politicians in his pockets, frivolous church folks in his pocket, and hundreds of Pactards he carry from state to state, the end dont look too bright for Manny.................

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
I don't care if he's broke, I just want to see him and Floyd put them hands up.

I'd book the fight the day before the SB too or fukk it the day of the SB 2PM

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Freddy roach been saying dude would go broke because dude entoruage is like huge and dude pays for everything (airfare,hotel space etc)

After he got ko'ed, His moms said he couldn't even afford airline tickets to go to Rome for her and used his religion as an excuse:wow:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Smh and Floyd personally offered 40 million to fight and he said no. Arum brainwashed this dude. Floyd got out before he got fukked over again. Fight should have happened after that phone convo, now Manny will never get that much for one night again.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

This

And Roach said this like 4-5 years ago too. Pac flies in like 100 people from the Philippines for every fight. Even if he's broke I'm thinkin' that since he's a national hero back home he should be alright even without any money:manny: