ESPN Reporting: Manny Pacquiao In Serious Financial Trouble

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Pacquiao is a congressman from the Philippians.. ever think maybe he doesn't have the time to become a pinoy version of Bob Arum and run a major boxing promotional company while fighting at the same time... if Floyd wants to try and do that cool, but you cant call Manny stupid because he chooses not to be his own promoter and stick with the Top Rank team... Floyd is a Goldenboy fighter under contract regardless of how you wanna word it... GoldenBoy makes money off Floyd... Top Rank makes money off Pac

Yes I can call him stupid. He can hire Top Rank to work for him, but it's the other way around. It doesn't matter how you spin it, Floyd uses Golden Boy
Top Rank uses Pacquiao.

Floyd and 50 could have their own promotional company today without having to line Schaefer and GBs pockets.. Floyd wanted no parts of it...

I never said floyd was going broke, just said he's not as rich as he comes off to the public.. since he's his own promoter he writes himself a check for 32 million and nikkas think :ohhh: Floyd just came up 32 million without taking in an account the expenses that Floyd has to pay since he wants to be "his own promoter"

What the fukk does Floyd need 50 for? He already has mayweather promotions. Why split ownership? He just outsources some of the work to GBP because he doesn't have a stable of fighters yet.

And when Floyd writes a check for $32 million, that's Guaranteed money to himself, regardless of expense. So, yes he is as rich as he comes off. Remind me again, Who is the highest paid athlete in America?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pacquiao is a congressman from the Philippians.. ever think maybe he doesn't have the time to become a pinoy version of Bob Arum and run a major boxing promotional company while fighting at the same time... if Floyd wants to try and do that cool, but you cant call Manny stupid because he chooses not to be his own promoter and stick with the Top Rank team... Floyd is a Goldenboy fighter under contract regardless of how you wanna word it... GoldenBoy makes money off Floyd... Top Rank makes money off Pac

Floyd and 50 could have their own promotional company today without having to line Schaefer and GBs pockets.. Floyd wanted no parts of it...

I never said floyd was going broke, just said he's not as rich as he comes off to the public.. since he's his own promoter he writes himself a check for 32 million and nikkas think :ohhh: Floyd just came up 32 million without taking in an account the expenses that Floyd has to pay since he wants to be "his own promoter"

Pac is an idiot, bottom line. Remember when he signed with GBP and then a week later signed with Top Rank. So he spent the next several years paying both of them? :laff:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I just don't understand the concept of how Pacquiao is stupid because he gives his money to his people and his country and he gives Arum his cut for promoting the fight... ITS HIS MONEY.....

What does Floydie do with his money?? Puts $ millions in cash in a duffle bag and takes pictures like a wannabe drug dealer..

The operative word is HIS money. He makes the money by the bucketload, hence the need to spend it by the bucketload. Its hard to hate on greatness...:pachaha:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Yes I can call him stupid. He can hire Top Rank to work for him, but it's the other way around. It doesn't matter how you spin it, Floyd uses Golden Boy
Top Rank uses Pacquiao.

:ohhh: Pacquiao can just hire Bob Arum and Top Rank??

And you called Pacquiao stupid :skip: the irony

But I'll entertain this post anyway

You have a clue how long Bob Arum and TR has been around and what they've done for boxing??... :deadmanny: @ the thought of TR being for sale to a fighter... just because Golden Boy whores themseleves out to Floydie doesn't mean TR and Arum would stand for that

What the fukk does Floyd need 50 for? He already has mayweather promotions. Why split ownership? He just outsources some of the work to GBP because he doesn't have a stable of fighters yet.

And when Floyd writes a check for $32 million, that's Guaranteed money to himself, regardless of expense. So, yes he is as rich as he comes off. Remind me again, Who is the highest paid athlete in America?

:deadmanny: @ you keep mentioning Mayweather Promotions.. You do realize SMS is a already a bigger brand than Mayweather promotions right??

Floydie writing a check to himself $32 million doesn't include the all the expense... you know the shyt Pac don't have to worry about.. like Comcat direct Tv... HBO...Showtime...The purses of all the other fighters on the card.. costs of the venue...... :comeon: stop being such a blatent floyd dikk rider and think :scusthov: after you factor all that in how much is Floyd really coming up compared to Pac?

Daps
I don't know how Pac supporters can even say Floyd fukked up the fight
this dude pissed away his fortune, even with Bob Arum fukking him in the ass, he still made a lot of money, and fukked it up

This dude on the ropes finanical, yet he turning down 40 million from Floyd, and he was gonna wire him 20 million up front, thats getting half your pay check before you even do any work, that shyt is gravy, how can anybody turn that down

Also this validates Floyd wanting the lionshare, Pac ain't on his level money wise, business wise, anything, its the Floyd Mayweather show period and this proves it. Floyd got enough money to pay Pac-man his entire purse without sweating and this dude talking about some 50/50.

He probably getting KO'd because he couldn't afford his steroids anymore
all the pac-stans talking about he deserved 50 percent of the revenue, when this guy doesn't even take home 50 percent of his own earnings:scusthov:

There's no debating, Pac-Man should've took the 20 million up front, and agreed to fight Floyd for 40 Million, this was in his best interest clearly
and he could've retired after the fight.

Preach!

Where they are now after that deal fell through illustrates why Floyd was justified in standing on his principles and watching the biggest payday of his life fade.

Floyd's, again, the highest paid athlete, while Manny is struggling to stay out of debtor's prison. :deadmanny:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
:ohhh: Pacquiao can just hire Bob Arum and Top Rank??

And you called Pacquiao stupid :skip: the irony

But I'll entertain this post anyway

You have a clue how long Bob Arum and TR has been around and what they've done for boxing??... :deadmanny: @ the thought of TR being for sale to a fighter... just because Golden Boy whores themseleves out to Floydie doesn't mean TR and Arum would stand for that

Who on top rank generates anything near what Pacquiao does? It's a take it or leave it deal. Ask Miguel Cotto, who has half the drawing power Pacquiao.

And Pacquiao must be whoring himself out to Top Rank by your definition.

:deadmanny: @ you keep mentioning Mayweather Promotions.. You do realize SMS is a already a bigger brand than Mayweather promotions right??

Think about this now?
50cent = SMS Promotions
Pacquiao = ???? :heh:
50 already making more money in the fight game than Pacquiao. What brand does Pac have?

Floydie writing a check to himself $32 million doesn't include the all the expense... you know the shyt Pac don't have to worry about.. like Comcat direct Tv... HBO...Showtime...The purses of all the other fighters on the card.. costs of the venue...... :comeon: stop being such a blatent floyd dikk rider and think :scusthov: after you factor all that in how much is Floyd really coming up compared to Pac?

:snoop: The $32 million will never have expenses. It's Mayweather's guaranteed purse.
First, Mayweather will write himself a check this week in the neighborhood of $25 million. This is similar, in concept, to the guaranteed money that other fighters receive from their promoters, but the check is much larger. Besides Mayweather, only Manny Pacquiao would command that much. What Mayweather earns in addition depends on the success of the event.

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
Last time they were saying Manny was broke he ended up #2 highest paid athlete on Forbes... regardless any nikka worrying that much about whats in another man wallet is a ho straight up... yea im talking to you TS @Skip b

just because he has highest earnings doesnt mean hes getting that money

bobby arum getting that bwead :steviej:

Last edited by a moderator:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Who on top rank generates anything near what Pacquiao does? It's a take it or leave it deal. Ask Miguel Cotto, who has half the drawing power Pacquiao.

And Pacquiao must be whoring himself out to Top Rank by your definition.
ask Cotto what?? He gave up a guaranteed $13 million purse and an avenged loss to Pacquiao just to fight Floyd for less money... the only difference between Pac and Floyd situation is that Floyd has to foot the bill... in pacs case, Top Rank does all the leg work, Pac just fights and collects his money... There's no reason for Pacquiao to become a promoter

Think about this now?
50cent = SMS Promotions
Pacquiao = ???? :heh:
50 already making more money in the fight game than Pacquiao. What brand does Pac have?
This really doesn't make any sense breh... :pachaha: @ this failed attempt to try to make a point and sound smart... For starters we don't know how much money 50 is making in the fight game so to say hes making more than Pacquiao is just foolish... I seemed to have touched a nerve when I said Sms promotions was biggee than Mayweather promotions.. I was referring to the stock SMS has over MPs, which is the fighters...

:snoop: The $32 million will never have expenses. It's Mayweather's guaranteed purse.

I can see you're simple so I'll break it down for you.. I never said 32 million has an expense dummy.. that doesn't even make sense.. i can tell you never took accounting..

But lets say Floyd has $100 million in the bank.. lets take the Cotto fight for instance... if Floyd has to pay $15 million to goldenboy for marketing.. has to pay the guaranteed purse of all the fighters on the card, which was about $10-13 million.. cover the cost of travel, production, bonds, licenses, venue rental, the event itself..... Michal Buffer correct me if im wrong makes $5 million a fight... he's already hit around 30+ million...

So now hes at around $70 million and the fight pulls in about $120 million in revenue

HBO and the cable companies get at least half of that leaving Mayweather with about $60 million... $70 +$60 is $130... so Floyd came up around $30 million, then uncle sam takes his cut leaving him with about a $20 million profit..

$20 million is still a lot of money, but all Pac has to do is fight, let Arum handle the business and promotion and he gets his $20 plus guaranteed purse

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I can see you're simple so I'll break it down for you.. I never said 32 million has an expense dummy.. that doesn't even make sense.. i can tell you never took accounting..

But lets say Floyd has $100 million in the bank.. lets take the Cotto fight for instance... if Floyd has to pay $15 million to goldenboy for marketing.. has to pay the guaranteed purse of all the fighters on the card, which was about $10-13 million.. cover the cost of travel, production, bonds, licenses, venue rental, the event itself..... Michal Buffer correct me if im wrong makes $5 million a fight... he's already hit around 30+ million...

So now hes at around $70 million and the fight pulls in about $120 million in revenue

HBO and the cable companies get at least half of that leaving Mayweather with about $60 million... $70 +$60 is $130... so Floyd came up around $30 million, then uncle sam takes his cut leaving him with about a $20 million profit..

$20 million is still a lot of money, but all Pac has to do is fight, let Arum handle the business and promotion and he gets his $20 plus guaranteed purse
So Manny makes around 14 Mil a fight then? Or is Mayweather the only one hit with Taxes?

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Arum and Pac been slick dodging them taxes for years... why you think he's fighting in China?

:dead:Oh so they're criminals... :ehh: Interesting... I wonder if Mayweather was doing the same thing, would you call it "slick" or try and shyt on him :leon:

What does this quote from Golden Boy Promotions chief executive Richard Schaefer mean? He said that Mayweather keeps 90% of the profit from the event.
He has established clearly that level of $32 million as a guarantee and remember: He will make much more after everything is counted because he keeps 90 percent of the profit from the event. The $32 million is just the contract minimum. The bulk of everything else goes to him."
Floyd Mayweather Jr. to earn a record-tying guarantee of $32 million in fight against Robert Guerrero - ESPN

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Buffer makes $5million per appearance? :snoop: About as believable as Pacmans "guaranteed $20million purses" when all evidence points towards his purses being around $5-8million . . .

Black jesus, you are a retard. :heh: