ESPN Sources: The Phoenix Suns dismissed coach Frank Vogel

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:

Badly constructed, yet finished Top 6 in the West, have 2 of the greatest scorers of this era and Bradley Beal. I'm sure a lot of teams/coaches wouldn't mind having their roster constructed that poorly
This is not 2K or 1997. You cant just throw talent out there. And one of those nikkas is 35. Everbody has 2 scorers now. Who is running the offense? Who is defending perimeter stars? Who is protecting the paint? And again your best player is 35 and tore his Achilles 5 years ago. It takes more than names and perty jumpers to actually win.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Suns had roster and injury issues but Vogel never made sense for personnel. He a great defensive coach but he always been clueless on offense even back to the Pacers days they had some bummy offenses in the 20s range even tho they had good depth and a star in PG. Even LeBron and AD the offense had their issues too. They were never a top 10 offense wit Vogel even tho they had great talent round em and they wasnt even top 20 the next 2 seasons after.

A team wit KD playin 75 games, Book playin 68 games, Grayson 75 and Beal 53 shouldnt barely be a top 10 offense. They got as much shootin talent as any team. They 3PT% was top 3 in the league at 38% yet they were 25th in attempts... Why is a team wit that much shootin so little 3s? Bottom 5 in the league? And that low attempts a theme in every Vogel team.

KD was used like Mikal Bridges in that offense spottin in corners for Beal and Book to work more than they shouldve and even bum ass Nurkic had way too much role in offense handlin and makin plays. Then in playoffs that nikka was useless like he always been.
Vogel begged them to take more threes.

KD and Booker just don’t wanna take them.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Bron took more 3s per game Vogels last year in LA than either of these dudes ever have.
Booker thinks he’s Kobe’s son so I understand him wanting to work in the midrange, but KD actually is a pretty good three point shooter. Not sure why he doesn’t at least attempt 20-30% more.

The Suns are trying to win off making tough midrange jumpers and the math doesn’t add up

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Booker thinks he’s Kobe’s son so I understand him wanting to work in the midrange, but KD actually is a pretty good three point shooter. Not sure why he doesn’t at least attempt 20-30% more.

The Suns are trying to win off making tough midrange jumpers and the math doesn’t add up
He gets his rhythm from the mid range. It’s like his lay up. The problem is Book operates from the same spots as him.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps

lol Kobe jacked up more 3 point attempts in his final year than Book did this past season. So that would be hilarious if Book was actually trying to operate like Kobe when Kobe himself was jacking them shyts up as soon as the era shifted and he saw that he had the freedom.

Never actually seen him look happier actually:pachaha:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC

There's no way you can build an actual culture, let alone WIN, with bullshyt like this.

It stuns me that Devin Booker is about to be on his seventh coach in 8-9 years when he's been the best player on a NBA Finals team.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
There's no way you can build an actual culture, let alone WIN, with bullshyt like this.

It stuns me that Devin Booker is about to be on his seventh coach in 8-9 years when he's been the best player on a NBA Finals team.
Most of that isn’t even their fault though. Like Booker and Beal were on terrible teams. The Nets just made bad hires to be honest, all those guys deserved to go. I like their current hire. Point is, you can slander a player if you post things like this. You can do it to LeBron too.