ESPN Sources: The Phoenix Suns dismissed coach Frank Vogel

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dude was a fall guy. That roster is badly constructed.
:russ:

Badly constructed, yet finished Top 6 in the West, have 2 of the greatest scorers of this era and Bradley Beal. I'm sure a lot of teams/coaches wouldn't mind having their roster constructed that poorly

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Vogel works best with big men where you can funnel players into the middle to defend the paint.

See his teams in Indy with Hibbert and the Lakers.

Suns gave him a roster suited for Dantoni

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Badly constructed, yet finished Top 6 in the West, have 2 of the greatest scorers of this era and Bradley Beal. I'm sure a lot of teams/coaches wouldn't mind having their roster constructed that poorly

I thought the Bradley Beal trade was a mistake. Scoring was never their problem. They gutted their depth and really the Suns are essentially glass cannons. The net sum is you have Devin Booker, an aging Kevin Durant and an overrated Bradley Beal and a bunch of guys with no real path to becoming a legit contender.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Coaches typically aren't able to double dip from being a commentator and from their coaching gig. It was the case with Doc and publicly with Rex Ryan a few years ago.

Offset language is rather common in these type of contracts. It's why I kept telling posters last year that Key wasn't going to be able to double dip from ESPN and FS1 eventhough that one tweet said otherwise.

The only instance I can't think that it was included was with Jimbo Fisher.
To be clear, you don't have anything like that for NBA coaches?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
To be clear, you don't have anything like that for NBA coaches?

Most teams, for example, put “offset” language into the standard coach contract; if a coach signs a contract with a new team, the new team pays part of the remaining money the coach is owed by his old team.

That offset language is the norm in sports and we see it many times before and the NBA isn't the exception to that.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado

Most teams, for example, put “offset” language into the standard coach contract; if a coach signs a contract with a new team, the new team pays part of the remaining money the coach is owed by his old team.

That offset language is the norm in sports and we see it many times before and the NBA isn't the exception to that.
Yes I get that offset language between teams is the norm in coaching. I'm not convinced that's the case between coaching and media or at least I'd just like to see some documentation/write ups.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yes I get that offset language between teams is the norm in coaching. I'm not convinced that's the case between coaching and media or at least I'd just like to see some documentation/write ups.
I gave you the proof. You’re just discounting it because it specifically doesn’t say the NBA.

If NFL coaches can’t double dip, then why would NBA be able to?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Depth matters.

Teams can have solid regular seasons and have their weaknesses exposed against the best teams in the postseason.
We see this happen in baseball all the time with rosters comprised of high ceiling but low floor players.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Suns had roster and injury issues but Vogel never made sense for personnel. He a great defensive coach but he always been clueless on offense even back to the Pacers days they had some bummy offenses in the 20s range even tho they had good depth and a star in PG. Even LeBron and AD the offense had their issues too. They were never a top 10 offense wit Vogel even tho they had great talent round em and they wasnt even top 20 the next 2 seasons after.

A team wit KD playin 75 games, Book playin 68 games, Grayson 75 and Beal 53 shouldnt barely be a top 10 offense. They got as much shootin talent as any team. They 3PT% was top 3 in the league at 38% yet they were 25th in attempts... Why is a team wit that much shootin so little 3s? Bottom 5 in the league? And that low attempts a theme in every Vogel team.

KD was used like Mikal Bridges in that offense spottin in corners for Beal and Book to work more than they shouldve and even bum ass Nurkic had way too much role in offense handlin and makin plays. Then in playoffs that nikka was useless like he always been.