ESPN Sources: The Phoenix Suns dismissed coach Frank Vogel

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
I’m confused thecoli says it’s not Vogel’s fault but I watch nba players online saying Vogel isn’t running any kind of offensive schemes. I see thecoli saying “but Vogel won a chip and Hamm made it to the WCF” and nba players say they won a chip and got to the wcf despite Vogel and hamm not because of them. So who am I supposed to believe?

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Vogel is a terrible offensive coach, who really only had success in LA with a really well put together assistant staff with J Kidd and having Bron/Rondo controlling the offense while he did the defense.

Rondo has come out before stating that the staff essentially let him and Bron run the offense for the most part.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
How can you watch what the Wolves are doing to the Nuggets and think Vogel was the problem in Phoenix?

Frank Vogel has gotten a raw deal in every single place he's coached and teams aways seem to make an immediate downgrade at head coach after firing him. Nate McMillan, Darvin Ham.......who's next?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Durant literally ruined 3 championship contenders by his presence

okc was right there (bounced)

BK was his most egregious. They had the pieces and traded them away because he wanted harden and Deandre

phx future looked bright as hell 2 years ago. Now they have the worst future than any team

dude is a drag. Thank god the warriors won again in 2022. so He can’t even have that ace in hole anymore
This type of stupid agenda based shyt is what I hope will die when KD, Steph and LeBron retire.

OKC was not right there, he was there for 9 years and they traded away Harden. He re-signed after his initial contract. They literally never made the finals again after 2012 and they were not beating the Warriors if they played them again. They had no one who could make an open shot besides KD.

They didn’t trade away anyone to get DeAndre. He was already signed, wtf are you talking about? They were about .500 before the Harden trade. The only reason that team didn’t win was injuries and COVID.

Phoenix was a mid ass team before he got there and lucked into a run to the finals due to injuries and got blown out by 42 against Dallas. That team minus KD has nothing resembling a bright future bro wtf are you talking about? Bridges, Johnson and Booker are doing what? Ayton wanted out regardless. That team was cooked.

Your ability to just fit shyt into a stupid ass narrative likely because you’re stanning someone else is hilarious. Instead of talking about team construction and why hire was bad to start you’re blaming Durant lmao. Phoenix was cooked when they couldn’t work it out with Ayton.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Phoenix might have to eat that deal unless they think Vogel will end up at ESPN to help cover some of the cost
Do you have a source that confirms that NBA coaching contracts/media contracts have offset language between the two professions?

Why a coach should be paid less because of what his ESPN contract is or vice versa makes no sense.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Go dig up Phil Jackson then and let's run the Triangle offense. It has won 11 rings over the last 35 yrs, it must be effective. Right??

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Vogel lost the locker room and I think is too laid back for a team led by KD & Book. I also don’t think the whole Kevin young as the offensive coach idea worked either.

the roster has its weaknesses but anyone who’s watched the suns this year knows they can literally win or lose against anybody at any time for absolutely any fukking reason :skip:. Up & down effort along with weird lineups/adjustments is on the coach IMO. Players deserve some smoke too but nah you can’t tell me another coach couldn’t have done better with this squad. There were plenty of times where they looked like a juggernaut or the most uninterested team of all time. sometimes even in the same damn game. The only identity the suns had was being bi-polar

If this team had an Ime Udoka or Ty Lou type coach they’d play wayyyy more consistently. They need a real leader