Ethiopian-American Community Bank to open in DC

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
????.... I mean Ethiopians HAVE been living in DC for a long time now and are not recent immigrants with superior complex attitudes to AAs. I'm going by what people told me and the vibe I got when I was in DC.

I thought they were in DC since the 80s or 90s especially when Ethiopia was suffering from that famine?

I was under the impression that the big moves started with the derg taking over in Ethiopia and continued through subsequent waves such as famine, education, adoption, etc.:yeshrug:

:jbhmm:
Hell, maybe Haile Gerima can get some funding now...

(Time stamped for convenience)

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I thought my Somali folks were doing good out here with all the small businesses, but the Ethiopian community is on a roll :wow:

This is the new ethiopian community affordable housing project in my area that is opening up, after gentrification drove everyone out due to expensive ass rent.

27022075_1963169770609497_6121585436660816723_o.jpg

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
@2Quik4UHoes was in Sankofa yestersday with my son and wife and I saw a few AAs working there :salute:. Spent about 60 bucks on kids books and one dvd. really love that shop. Added my self to the mailing list

Ethiopians always broke bread with me:yeshrug:

:blessed:

And yeah @2Quik4UHoes is Ethiopian as well. He checked out a Black Panther comic for me when I was at Sankofa back in December. It was great to see the Brotha still doing his thing in there :obama:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD

You need to actually be in the DMV to get a feel for this before passing it off as “ducktales”. Our Ethiopian brethren are actually our brethren for the most part. Can’t comment on LA or anywhere else but as someone who’s actually from here, you’ll see a good amount of interaction and business engagement between Ethiopians and African Americans, especially in both Silver Spring and DC itself.