Ethiopian-American Community Bank to open in DC

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
there's at least 10 African American banks

:mjlol:
I'm not talking about establishing AA banks I'm talking about establishing an economic base in each city and being able to do business abroad.
It would lessen the impact of gentrification and outsiders dictating who lives where.
especially when your business transactions are international

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:
I'm not talking about establishing AA banks I'm talking about establishing an economic base in each city and being able to do business abroad.
It would lessen the impact of gentrification and outsiders dictating who lives where.
especially when your business transactions are international
You said you hope it serves as an “inspiration”. AAs don’t have any substantial international communities so what are you saying

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
You said you hope it serves as an “inspiration”. AAs don’t have any substantial international communities so what are you saying

Having AA banks is great but majority black people in general, don't know where they are or how to open an account, where to buy stock. Same with black international businesses. IMO, more could be done to capture all aspects of black business in the US and internationally to fund businesses here in the states for the AA and blacks in general.

Only thing i see is 50,000 Ethiopian customers who could have been potential customers to the already existing AA banks especially in DC.

US-Ethiopian remittance is probably close to 1 billion most likely used to fund businesses and build homes, send money back to ethiopian - americans- that's a market AA banks can tap into. Not even talking about other black countries.