Ethiopian-American Community Bank to open in DC

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Were these Orthodox-observing Muslims recent generation converts? Because I don't know ANY Muslim that will raise their kid Christian, and vice versa.

They basically never really converted. It’s not like you have a wholly Christian or Muslim family at all times there are instances where it might be mostly a Christian family but there are Muslims that married into the family or converted.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Ethioians selling nikkas shyt at store NW by Howard University is business engagement. :mjlol:

:duck::duck::duck:

Be blissfully ignorant about what goes down in a city you don’t live in and also have bad sentence structures brehs.

Goofy ass clown :mjlol:

Oh, and lemme sell you this neg moe :umad:

Last edited:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Be blissfully ignorant about what goes down in a city you don’t live in and also have bad sentence structures brehs.

Goofy ass clown :mjlol:

Oh, and lemme sell you this neg moe :umad:
CHILL MOE

WHERE IS THE ETHIOPIAN AND BLACK AMERICAN BUISNESS ENGAGEMENT THAT YOU SPEAK OF?

BEN'S CHILL BOWL?

WHERE!? RECEIPTS?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
CHILL MOE

WHERE IS THE ETHIOPIAN AND BLACK AMERICAN BUISNESS ENGAGEMENT THAT YOU SPEAK OF?

BEN'S CHILL BOWL?

WHERE!? RECEIPTS?

The bookstore I work for is jointly owned by an Ethiopian and an African American. When my uncle still owned stores in NW he hired AAs, Africans, and Spanish people aside from Ethiopians. You’re actually finding more AAs in DC that know how to speak Amharic in order to better engage the community. Also, the African centered community is heavy out here which also bridges that gap.

Yeah, some ETs are on some sellout shyt but that’s no different than any other Black person selling out. So it’s honestly a lazy assumption to say that all ETs are against AAs. But if you really believe it then I’ll let you have that. Ignorance is a lot easier than rethinking your position. :ehh:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
The bookstore I work for is jointly owned by an Ethiopian and an African American. When my uncle still owned stores in NW he hired AAs, Africans, and Spanish people aside from Ethiopians. You’re actually finding more AAs in DC that know how to speak Amharic in order to better engage the community. Also, the African centered community is heavy out here which also bridges that gap.

Yeah, some ETs are on some sellout shyt but that’s no different than any other Black person selling out. So it’s honestly a lazy assumption to say that all ETs are against AAs. But if you really believe it then I’ll let you have that. Ignorance is a lot easier than rethinking your position. :ehh:
Sankofa?

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Breh, I’ve honestly never seen any AA/ET beef outside of a 1 on 1 fight off the rip or people just talking shyt to try to be disrespectful. The ET community isn’t even tight knit as it seems from the outside. There are tribal cliques, church cliques (st michaels, medhane alem, gabriel, lideta), religious cliques. Habos barely get along with one another let alone anyone else. But there’s no concentrated effort to go at or against any AA. It It’s kind of like saying Italians or Greeks are out here trying to beef with white people because they biggin up or building up their own communities.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Breh, I’ve honestly never seen any AA/ET beef outside of a 1 on 1 fight off the rip or people just talking shyt to try to be disrespectful. The ET community isn’t even tight knit as it seems from the outside. There are tribal cliques, church cliques (st michaels, medhane alem, gabriel, lideta), religious cliques. Habos barely get along with one another let alone anyone else. But there’s no concentrated effort to go at or against any AA. It It’s kind of like saying Italians or Greeks are out here trying to beef with white people because they biggin up or building up their own communities.

It’s definitely feelings of resentment tho breh. I’ve seen more than one situation where AAs would blow the fukk up making these same assumptions people making in this thread and vice versa. The irony is that Ethiopians themselves aren’t all that united just like you said. People for the govt, people against, tribalists, nationalists, Pan Africanists, and that’s before you get to the differences between diasporans born here vs naturalized citizens and then after that you’ve got Habeshas under the Et and Eri flags. Culture and History is the only thing that keeps the community together a lot of times.

But issues in the Black World are too nuanced for quick, emotional responses like with this subject. Just like AAs get mad at ETs for assuming things that issue goes both ways.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps

NEVER fukkING SAID ALL ETHIOPIANS ARE AGAINST AA'S
STOP THAT.

Your small books store in NW DC by Howard is not some grand business engagement between Ethiopians and AAs.

Ethiopian do their own thing generally and are pretty ensular socially and economically. (Low key commendable imo)
I'm just saying engagement between Ethiopians and AA business wise is not that wide spread in the whole DMV. THE NUMBERS JUST DONT ADD UP MOE.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD

All facts.

But dude’s prolly one of them dumbass OT nikkas who think they know enough of DC and the DMV in general from attending Howard for a few years:mjlol: I wouldn’t bother with bammas of his cloth Brotha.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Is it Sankofa my g?

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
NEVER fukkING SAID ALL ETHIOPIANS ARE AGAINST AA'S
STOP THAT.

Your small books store in NW DC by Howard is not some grand business engagement between Ethiopians and AAs.

Ethiopian do their own thing generally and are pretty ensular socially and economically. (Low key commendable imo)
I'm just saying engagement between Ethiopians and AA business wise is not that wide spread in the whole DMV. THE NUMBERS JUST DONT ADD UP MOE.

Dude get out your fukking feelings typing up in bold caps like some emotional bytch :hhh: Your snide ass questions have already been answered. Take it for what it is and cut the dumbass assumptions nikka.