Everyone admits social media is the WOAT. Ban TikTok? Oh no!!

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Banning tiktok doesn't put a dent in sm, no matter how bad sm culture needs to go.

The bigger problem is how much influence outside nations and companies have on our populace. The tiktok sold to America is not the tiktok circulated in China, the same way the Chinese food we eat in America is not the Chinese food eaten in China. The CCP, owns tiktok.....the same CCP that constantly lauches cyberattacks on worldwide....the same CCP that has been stealing American trade secrets, and IP, for decades. Why are we letting them into our houses, willingly?

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Its like this....

I hate social media, and even I'm like :whoa: because there are layers to this ban. It got me thinking about a time when old heads shytted on video games because of Mortal Kombat and etc, but this is ten times worse, as it gives this country the green light to take away the freedom of speech with a bias type of structure.

Why you think Musk musky ass haven't got touched legally with his Twitter nonsense?

This is all a ploy to dictate the message and make heads have no other choice but to pick, instead of free think. This is deeper than a dumb ass kid eating a pig dikk for viral, or so forth. This is all about:

• Backdoor policies to control the internet
  • Getting laws passed to expose identity instead of being hidden behind an avatar (so that fuzzy sexy beast next to Bianca...he would have to put his whole government on front street outside of The Coli)
  • Tackle cyber panhandling and piracy (lets face it, everything on the internet is free and streaming hit its peak...time to lock folks up!)
  • Allowing ISPs to expose your back history and further sell your info to mass corporations (we as people are the new billboards to the companies)
Bottom line, this is not the war that needs to be directed. This is more of a smoke screen to keep old 80s babies and boomers a float because "modern day video game" pearl clutching, instead of facing reality that this dangerous tool is slowly breaking the matrix and making youngins further informed that this country is full of shyt.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a lot of people who are upset are also addicted

i don’t agree with the reasons it’s being banned for tho. i think it and other forms should be banned or significantly restricted due to the addictiveness of the algorithms and the negative impacts it has on people’s mental health/their brains.

especially for children and teens.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Coli brehs should post some Tik Toks that criticise the CCP or the Russian Federation.

Make sure to share it everywhere so it gets a lot of views and thus, will be prominently featured on the platform.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How do you balance civil liberties, rights and freedom from censorship from the government's responsibility to protect its citizens from a possible hostile propaganda machine and interference by a foreign power?

I mean I made this thread as a joke but if you really want to get into this shyt, discuss it honestly.

It starts with education.

Instead of the government banning mediums that they disagree with

How about providing people with the tools, whether it is in school or even mandating social media companies provide it, to recognize disinformation and propaganda.

That is the best balance imo.

People are able to maintain their agency while allowing the citizens to protect themselves

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You can also go on youtube or instagram and listen to songs about how to cook crack, destroy your community, etc. , correct?
So your answer to the question I asked is YES? And the facts support it.

You don't have to duck answering questions because you disagree with the legislative actions against this particular platform.
To answer your question, yes drug selling content music is currently available across other platforms. And a search will show you my thoughts about the organizations trying to pushback against those platforms for hosting that content.

Try another deflection.

Last edited:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
So I don't get it.

We all agree social media is a cancer on society.
Plus, isn't it highly likely that the Chinese government has their fingers all over that TikTok app anyway?

I don't understand that resistance here.

"Oh. They just want to ban it because of Israel"

Like you can't fukkin talk about Israel and Palestinians anywhere else?

:what:

Now tell me why I'm just :flabbynsick: and wrong.

:lupe:
The Coli is social media, wood youkije that to be banned as well?

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So I don't get it.

We all agree social media is a cancer on society.
Plus, isn't it highly likely that the Chinese government has their fingers all over that TikTok app anyway?

I don't understand that resistance here.

"Oh. They just want to ban it because of Israel"

Like you can't fukkin talk about Israel and Palestinians anywhere else?

:what:

Now tell me why I'm just :flabbynsick: and wrong.

:lupe:
The thing they ban today you dont care about, the thing they ban tomorrow is some shyt you love

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The thing they ban today you dont care about, the thing they ban tomorrow is some shyt you love
I would be fine with it if they banned something that was covertly being run by a foreign power with hostile motives.