Ex employee says Afropunk owner is a racist half breed that hates black Americans

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Do you realise the world is bigger than North America? Haha.
Do you also realise there are countless more musical genres than HipHop and R'n'B?

& HOW can it be me that is insecure when it's other people in this thread CLAIMING the success of other's as their own, ('WE'), to prop themselves up as if THEY contributed ANYTHING just because they share a skin tone? Haha.

It says a lot that my viewpoint is seen as strange or something. This forum is funny lol

1. The world is bigger than North America.... and it is definitely spherical , as further defined (in which you would giddily immediately agree) by pedo cacs Plato and Pythagoras... since Neil Degrasse Tyson only remixed the original .... he is credited FULL contributory rights to the original theory, since he battle rapped B.O.B. That means he's a gawd MC as well...

2. Yes there are more genres than Hip Hop and R&B. (see reality) So ... is your point that only Black people do R&B and Hip Hop...? The question is kinda weird man. Seems kinda passive aggressive and condescending. .... like something... you know.... a .......whatever..:shaq2:

3. You can be insecure if you have low self esteem. If other people's identity threatens you... perhaps you need to talk with a counselor or go to a Afropunk venue and find yourself a self hating wench, who can make you feel better about being white.

There you have it. I spend prob 2.5 minutes crafting this to appease your cultural desires to be recognized, and ... here's your pat on the head and participation trophy.

Just because you are ignorant, doesn't not mean people are misleading you.

It means that you're ignorant.

I'm done breh.

Take it easy.

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
Invention 80 years ago doesn't correlate to popularity now.
Rosetta Tharpe invented rock n roll, and you sure as hell wouldn't have seen her as the face of rock even 15 years later.
Black men like hip-hop more than anything else, and for some reason shun people who are Black but aren't fans.
There are plenty straight black men into those things. I myself ran to those genres of music during the whole post Soulja boy dance era. Was in the 9th grade and could not stand mainstream hip-hop at the time. I think this is the sort of mentality helps create c00ns. Black's(mostly men) do not like creating spaces for people who that do not fit the hip-hop and basketball norm. It was super annoying growing up. Black's are the first people to Black's in a box and determine what can and can't do.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
There are plenty straight black men into those things. I myself ran to those genres of music during the whole post Soulja boy dance era. Was in the 9th grade and could not stand mainstream hip-hop at the time. I think this is the sort of mentality helps create c00ns. Black's(mostly men) do not like creating spaces for people who that do not fit the hip-hop and basketball norm. It was super annoying growing up. Black's are the first people to Black's in a box and determine what can and can't do.

Depends on where you live.

You heard of Phony people outta NY?

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Thanks.

There is no "contribution" to undermine. whites for the most part don't contribute, they appropriate. That's why when white artists come out doing Black art, they get all "Eminem is the best rapper"... Mackelmore makes REAL hip hop. They interpolate and copy and throw a white face on it. Happening since Chuck Berry all the way to Igloo Azalea.

I don't know what planet you're posting from but white people are NOT oppressed in this country, especially with fukking music. Perhaps you should stay off of st0rmfront.

I'm not preaching Black superiority. It seems like that's only language you speak, and your nature is to project your own insecurity onto Black people and their unique and powerful soul and artistic creativity.

For the record. I'm not talking about race. I'm talking about culture.

Why can't you understand that?
don't contribute to what?

you sounding real insecure over what white ppl do bruh.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
You know what I also find funny, resorting to calling people with different opinions 'cac' hahaha wtf.
I am literally 100% African. No white aunties or uncles or grandparents (we're not counting the white people I'm related to through marriage).

(So, just to momentarily use Coli logic, if anything I am 'blacker' than the majority of you North American blacks just because my family tree is relatively homogeneous, (at least with reference to skin colour).)

The society you black Americans grow up in is essentially a minority in the overall black African worldwide diaspora.

Just in case you need me to simplify, essentially what I am saying is that it is beyond stupid, and somewhat expected, that you Americans would be so insular and arrogant as to think lived experiences of other blacks which don't tally with your own, must somehow suggest something negative, or deficient, in the way other blacks see the world/interact with white people.

Instead of applying rationale and coming to the conclusion that societies all over the world are different, so, naturally, black skinned peoples from different parts of the world will have differing views and opinions, you would rather call me a c00n or cac lol.

Stupid people can't be helped lol

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Im saving this thread for the youtube drops

I was the lone hip hop head in a punk crew growing up. Those kids were wild and knew how to have fun. Hardcore sbows in philly lmao good times with eaaaaasy bytches.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
James Spooner the curator and essentially the godfather of the whole Afropunk\Blipster movement (the latter not really much) called Matthew out years ago and is the prime reason he walked away from AP.

:sas2: Those familiar with the AP message board know the deal.

For the record, I'm one who'd separate the acts and artists from the "movement" so to speak.

Message board? Just want an enlightenment on what you mean.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Punk is reggae cultural music and stolen from black culture by white people.
It is just another form of stealing blues from or grassroots music from another region the Caribbean and black music and naming it sumfin else.

There really are and were no punk bands.
They were unskilled artist lifting reggae tunes.

To the point they even spun it off.
Even more once it was appropriated and renamed taking different styles of reggae into ska.

Art Barr

punk did not come out of reggae:gucci:Punk came out of wild, feeling rock n roll and garage rock but later, British Punk bands did mix in reggae.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

But the stooges came out in 64. This song came out in 69. There's thousands of proto bands Harder and more punk sounding I could post that kills your entire revisionist LIE.

Don't be mad and insult me cause someone on this forum actually knows about punk history and culture and called you out on your revisionist history you fukking clown :mjlol:

don't forget the influence bo diddley had on these garage rock/punk bands

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
punk did not come out of reggae:gucci:Punk came out of wild, feeling rock n roll and garage rock but later, British Punk bands did mix in reggae.
False punk came from ska fam

It is birthed of Jamaican immigrants mixing with British blue collar kids and that culture clash produced what is punk.
.the best detailed write up I've ever seen on this topic was in a magazine called pound years ago. With receipts.

As far as the Afropunk festival it's full of gays in dashikis and feminists. I don't go near that shyt as much as I love alternative Black people I don't see why they made it a fasi heaven. Not with that.