"Ex Machina" Official Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But the computer program is made by using and in part copying the organic program. So they taking advantage of that millions of years too.

Let's say someone made an electronic network that perfectly copied the brain. Could it love and feel emotion? Why not?

I'm not sure that it could, but only because I believe in a soul/spiritually/God. Outside of supernatural reality I don't see how there's any way to argue that a computer can't eventually be programmed to embody the entire human experience.
I'm pretty agnostic so I don't really like to go there. But I agree there is a spiritual/unseen/cosmic part to life/living that a computer cannot capture. I just don't like to get into specifics of what that is because I believe it is beyond human comprehension.
There are probably many parts of life that go undetected by humans' five senses/ our limited brain and physical capacity.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm pretty agnostic so I don't really like to go there. But I agree there is a spiritual/unseen/cosmic part to life/living that a computer cannot capture. I just don't like to get into specifics of what that is because I believe it is beyond human comprehension.
There are probably many parts of life that go undetected by humans' five senses/ our limited brain and physical capacity.

I picked up on that, that's why I was trying to get you to go there. :lolbron: