Ex-Redskins RB Clinton Portis was ready to commit murder until friend talked him out of it

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
These cats are so dumb you could prob have them investing in bullet ball

They should take maybe 50 grand...you know the money they was going to stunt in the club with and start investing with that. A small amount of money to get their feet wet and learn how to invest. Then when they get comfortable and more knowledgeable, increase the amount.

First thing I'd do is go lock up a huge amount in a trust that you can't touch until a certain period. That way regardless of what happens, you're safe. From your own foolishness.

Second, I'd buy real estate, gold and silver. US bonds & British bonds. Keep some in cash. Some in blue chip stocks that arent going anywhere. And a large amount in an index or mutual fund. All of that would make me feel safe. Third, then with a small portion, I would go crazy in tech stocks and directly investing in tech companies. Floyd gave that cac $15 million dollars. Had he given $100,000 to 150 different tech companies at least 1-3 of those companies would have become a billion dollar one.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
nikkas really talkin about putting all 40 mil in a wack ass savings account :scust:
Do you know what a good interest rate will do with 5-10 million in a GOOD EARNING savings account or CD:gucci:....clearly you don't :francis:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I guess it just makes me frustrated because these guys keep getting manipulated. And the only way they gonna fix that is by becoming knowledgeable about their finances. That's the tradeoff of having a job that pays you millions every year. People who work in the financial world for a living are going to see you as a mark. They can say they'll never invest and keep it all tucked away in a savings account but, somebody will eventually convince them to part ways with their money and at that point it would have been beneficial for them to have had years of experience to make them more savvy. Understanding how to manage and grow this large sum of money they have is the only way they're going to protect themselves. You see athletes start taking steps to do that AFTER they've been ripped off once or twice (if they luckily still have money left) but, they could have just did that before and would have been maybe savvy enough to avoid some of that. It sucks they have all this money and they don't know what to do with it but, they HAVE to learn otherwise they're like a kid with a blank check and they're hoping the professional types they meet are honest enough not to play them.

Here's an article you'd like. This guy went to Upenn a few years after me. I don't personally know him but my friends who played for the football team do.

Lions DE takes Wall Street gig while living on 15 percent of NFL salary

Lions DE takes Wall Street gig while living on 15 percent of NFL salary

The 25-year-old Wharton graduate joined the financial world with an offseason job at Weiss in March as a spring analyst -- balancing training to make the Detroit Lions for the third straight season with preparing for a future following football. The gig officially lasts until June but could be around in perpetuity if Copeland wants.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Let's say he cleared like 25 mil after taxes. Get a nice ass house for 3-5 mil, up to 1 mil on cars, save the rest with interest or make some low risk investments.

That sound like some logical shyt when you not from the hood. Like when you grew up around successful people who know how the manage money. But when you from the bottom and the idea of investing is scratch off tickets you treating that money like a never ending faucet. Plus every family member and friend you every met got they hand out.

To me the only way to prevent these nikkas from going broke is setting up some shyt at the very beginning, where half they money goes into a trust fund and after they retire they get yearly interest payments. But even with some shyt like that who do you trust?

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Don't get it twisted, Mayweather has been conned out of millions too

@MalikX is right

I'd wager that you and @MalikX have likely been scammed or conned on a smaller scale from a different sort of venture...even if it seems like a routine transaction. If you're spending often and don't have much time and/or savvy experts to properly vet the product/investment/services offered and perform continuous review, that shyt will likely happen.

No need for disrespect, Malik. And yes, shyt does indeed happen.

Pocket watching is such a female trait.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
99% of investments are bullshyt and scams. All these idiots talking about investing money are broke guaranteed. If he never did anything but sit on his money he'd still have all of it yet these idiots are encouraging a process that made him broke in the first place.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
these nikkas never learn. if i became rich like them i would have a serious trust issues. DON'T TRUST ANYBODY.

wanna invest? just stash your money in index funds. just play safe. you already got your millions. makes me sad

Breh these are your managers who are in charge of your career. You had to trust them at some point, otherwise you wouldn't have hired them. Not trusting people isnt a strategy breh especially with people you hire. What is more troubling is how much money Portis blew through as Santana Moss said and if that's true I'm more disappointed in Portis. Breh blew through 43 million in roughly 10 years, alotta that's on him

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
these nikkas never learn. if i became rich like them i would have a serious trust issues. DON'T TRUST ANYBODY.

wanna invest? just stash your money in index funds. just play safe. you already got your millions. makes me sad
Always broke people talking about what they would have done :usure:

I'll give an example that actually works...

We all look at paparazzi like they do too much. But with the invention of the smartphone everyone does the same shyt they do (wooooorldstar) so I hear you, but I believe that most people will make the same mistakes. It's a statistical fact, most people don't save NOW when you need to. You get millions, you don't "need to" as much.

Mi2cents...

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
Why do these cats feel like they HAVE TO invest the money.....the money they make in salary IS the money average cats can only pray to make through investments......why not just put the shyt in a savings and checking account buy a house...couple cars and sit the fukk down til sunday.....:stopitslime:

You makin 43million....invest for what:hhh:.....soon as these cats land a contract some cac money manager is in they face tellin them to invest their money ...."it's the right thing to do financially":smugfavre:..... No it isn't.....if you clearing 43milion over 9 years.....no need for investments ....just save in a good interest bearing account......investments lose value,good interest bearing savings accounts don't :yeshrug:

when you're at that level, your expenses rise as well. you also have enough money to make a meaningful impact and also get a good return on your investment. so most people are going to be inclined to invest that money to make more money. there's nothing wrong with that. athletes just have to stop investing more than they can afford to lose. going bankrupt aint the wave.

but don't get it twisted, a lot of these rich cacs aint no smarter. Madoff fleeced a bunch of rich cacs. :mjlol: