Explain to me why I should support Lavar Ball.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let me clarify: I cant fathom how walking away from the shoe companies AS AN ACTIVE PLAYER is a win (in regards to Lonzo).

The efficiency cant be beat. If youre playing, youre making two paychecks at the same time without doing any of the legwork to run a shoe business.

For me it was never about Lavar. Do your think old man. I just feel it has to play out big for it not to negatively impact Lonzo (and id argue so far it has)

Lonzo could be making three paychecks if his father runs the company right. Lonzo could be making a check as a player with a team; as an endorser by wearing the shoe and as an active owner of the shoe company.

His dad would be running the company anyway, so it is not like the son has to do anything but play ball and attempt to lure/recruit other players to wear the shoe brand. This is nothing more than a continuation of the AAU principals. It is about time players figured out how to stop being slaves and to start being owners.

Daps
You shouldn't feel the need to support black business if you don't want to.

But also recognize that the lack of successful black owned businesses is the main factor why black people remain economically disadvantaged.

Without our own entities, franchises, syndicates, etc. we will never rise from the economic dumpster we are in right now, as a whole.

So if you are fine with the way things are rignt now, cool. If not, then start a business, support or invest in a black owned business. But don't expect things to get better if you don't.

Generally I agree... but (serious questions) do you think it benefits us at all to support black-owned business where the owner doesn't really care one way or another about the black community?

Like, if ASAP Rocky (who openly states he doesn't care about racism or the the plight of the black community) started a business, do you think supporting his business does anything for us?

My opinion is that in cases like that, they are no different than any other business owned by a non black person. And therefore I feel no obligation to support them over another business. Now if someone like Kaepernick started a business, well then yes I'd support it because I believe that money will work for me twice... I'll get what i pay for AND I believe he'll use some of his profits for the people I care about... people like me.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
So Coli answer me this.

Why is it fine to shyt on Kanye and his brand everytime it comes up. But suddenly some of us are the bad guys for not wanting to support Lavar?
I never shytted on Kanye's brand btw... Kanye has never put out a shytty product to me when it came to quality, nor did I give a fukk he was fukking a kardashian.

I also do not own a single item of clothing from Kanye. I choose not to support Kanye (even though some of his shoes are fire) because its not my taste/style/budget just like you do not have to with Lavar.

But I will not knock what both of them are doing

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because people only care about the show. MJ has been doing stuff for blacks for years, has black kids, had a black wife and still gets called a c00n. Same for Floyd. Hell I've seen people on this forum call MLK and ALI c00ns. So realistically, unless they live like a black messiah, people are going to call him a c00n anyway. It doesn't matter what he does for his people or not.

Facts

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lavar ain't different than any of these major companies

You don't see Phil Knight saying Nike is for the black community

Nike, Adidas, and UA are pro money