Fallout 4 (Official Thread)

roxxthe96er

Emcee
Daps
Reppin
CCVII, AMERICON.
Used the settlement creator a little differently in Hangman's Alley an made a base for just me and Dogmeat.
I decided to build this place since I don't think it would make sense for me to just live in a well traveled settlement anymore. I deserted the BoS, I'm fighting the Institute an I'm a member of the Railroad.... Plus Triggermen keep coming after me cause I hit a lick on that drug deal, so I built this place to lay low...
HANGMAN'S ALLEY BASE

I made a new video because I added the bathroom

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Yea I pretty much threw the Minutemen into the bushes after they asked for food and u gotta go find different types of veggies to plant and shyt. fukk all that, I'm not their damn Gardner and chef :camby:

I just gave them beds and water, built my steel dome house and bounced. I decided to leave dog behind and take osbog or whatever that damn robots name is as a companion. Not even gonna do missions, just gonna stock up on ammo as a level 4 outlander and roam them wastelands :wow:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I just can't get into this game. I just turned it on and played for 30 minutes and got bored. What's happening to me? I used to love this shyt. Have I grown out of Bethesda games, or is this game just sub-par? It was my most anticipated game of the year too. I guess I gotta keep playing...:yeshrug: Hopefully it gets better.

Had to be you because I felt the same way with NV but with this game I can definitely tell I'm gonna put in time like I did FO3 and I haven't even left the starting areas yet

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Them minutemen missions has no affect on my enjoyment whatsoever. It's simply fun just roaming in this game. I'm all basking in the world like :ahh:
Having mods that enhances the visuals and shyt makes it even better.

tc1pdC.png

Beat his ass, stole his shyt and slept in his bed. :win:

Wheredeydothatat?

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I think in an old interview Todd said that they decided to make companions immortal because people complained in the old fallout games companions would do dumb things to get themselves killed like pull out a fat man to kill a mole rat and blow themselves up and then you couldn't do their quest. Howard said it was not possible with the current engine to rewrite it to keep companions from doing things like that so they decided to just make it so they don't die. He said once the creation kit comes out people can make a mod to change it if they want.

Todd said specifically for dogmeat they found out that if he died people would just reload their game to a point that he wasn't dead.

I stopped using dogmeat after he would repeatedly barged through booby trapped doors and get me killed or alert some enemy. One time he ran off than came back running with a MIRELURK QUEEN chasing him:dahellwhat::yeah ok:

Valid point, but one, who the fukk is giving their companion a fat man???? That's just asking for trouble, holy shyt.

I've played the original fallouts where companions could die, and it was annoying yeah, and I save-scummed when I felt it was an unfair death, but I can't imagine it being much harder to program now than it was in the past. You can't give options as to what they do during battle? Flee at 25/50% health remaining? Don't melee attack enemies above a certain level? Follow far away unless I call you to come near. The AI will always do dumb things ... it's AI. I just don't see why the AI couldn't follow some basic tactics you assign.

Or maybe the solution is to have companions that you aren't so attached to. Why not recruit a settler as a hired gun, ala foot soldiers in GTA San Andreas? They die, oh well, they're easily replaced. You can have special companions too, but they should be killable at higher difficulties.

This new gen of gamer is coddled too much.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Valid point, but one, who the fukk is giving their companion a fat man???? That's just asking for trouble, holy shyt.

I've played the original fallouts where companions could die, and it was annoying yeah, and I save-scummed when I felt it was an unfair death, but I can't imagine it being much harder to program now than it was in the past. You can't give options as to what they do during battle? Flee at 25/50% health remaining? Don't melee attack enemies above a certain level? Follow far away unless I call you to come near. The AI will always do dumb things ... it's AI. I just don't see why the AI couldn't follow some basic tactics you assign.

Or maybe the solution is to have companions that you aren't so attached to. Why not recruit a settler as a hired gun, ala foot soldiers in GTA San Andreas? They die, oh well, they're easily replaced. You can have special companions too, but they should be killable at higher difficulties.

This new gen of gamer is coddled too much.

Most people use companions as just pack mules so they don't constantly have to keep fast traveling to drop off gear...

So you can only carry 300...you find a fat man that ways 30...most people just dump it on a companion so it don't count against their carry weight...forgetting that companions will always use the most powerful weapon they have...and nothing is more powerful than a fat man...so :manny:

I aggree about having a settler with you...I'm kind of :francis: that the minutemen don't work this way...there are special things you have to do to call them occasionally but i would think with me being the fukking general of a commonwealth militia i could get some random dude to just follow me when i need somebody to get body slammed by swan while i squeeze off some head shots :mjlol:...but i guess not

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: Been roaming the wasteland doing random quests.
Joined the brotherhood of steel. :whoo:
Got my second suit of power armor, feelin :win:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Yeah, I don't know why. I'm at a loss :yeshrug:. I just can't get into it. I'm gonna keep playing though. I usually love these types of games.

I felt the same way with witcher 3, but love this game.. I am sure we are both crazy tho. I played that shyt for a few hours and just never wanted to pick it back up, I think you are just burned out on WRPG's you need to play something else like a fps, or a sports game or something to switch it up so you can appreciate what fallout does well.. I know for me after coming off DAI and jumping into witcher I just didn't feel like playing it at that time

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I've been playing for 30 hours and I haven't stepped foot in emerald city :dwillhuh:

@Fatboi1 where did you find them.because I went into some sewer filled with chems and I found a note talking about joining them