Fans getting on Maria Taylor for not voting AD on her All-NBA ballot

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Bruh legacies are made up hogwash that are 100%dependent on who you ask :mindblown:
End of the day the dude is on the team so everything about this irrelevant. She isn't the only voter to decide who does and doesn't make the team so her individual vote doesn't actually have the weight you're trying to give it. How 1 person votes does not override the collective, and if the collective is that close for 1 vote to make or break a player chances then it's not an obvious pick in the 1st place so the "outrage" would be unnecessary just like it is now.
She's handling her responsibilities just fine. You're making way too big a deal out of it my guy.
You continue to gloss over the point everyone is making. Let’s just move on.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
You’re literally doing that yourself. Trying to tell people this is nothing and to not discuss it because real world things are going on. And since this is your stance, I shouldn’t see you post in a single non political/rona related thread from here on out. Real world shyt will be going on forever.
Real world shyt will be going on forever...but the fact that you can't go see your favorite team play due to a pandemic hasn't been going on forever. The fact that most sane people are afraid to hug their parents right now because they don't want to...nevermind. Enjoy your evening breh.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He’s getting roasted on Twitter.
But he's getting "roasted" the way white men get roasted. He can never get roasted the way a black person would. He can never get roasted the way a woman would. Being told that you're literally a lesser human being and don't even deserve to be there (and having it hold weight because it was only a short time ago when women and black folk literally didn't have any real say in media).

It’s only a mistake cause it got out.
What do you mean "cause it got out"? Everyone's ballot is released every year. The question is whether people should have used Twitter to set the trolls out on her.

Since she put AD #2 on her DPOY vote it seems unlikely she meant to leave him off the All-NBA vote. It was an honest mistake. He was a F/C tweener and a 1st team/2nd team tweener so she probably just never had him settled into a spot in her mind and ended up missing completely.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
But he's getting "roasted" the way white men get roasted. He can never get roasted the way a black person would. He can never get roasted the way a woman would. Being told that you're literally a lesser human being and don't even deserve to be there (and having it hold weight because it was only a short time ago when women and black folk literally didn't have any real say in media).
If we gonna compare roasts then yeah, no black woman should ever get held accountable because they will always have it the worst.

I never take the “well look at what this person is doing over there” rhetoric when discussing someone/something. It’s always been a weak argument to me. It’s like people saying “Oh you’re worried about Lori Loughlin meanwhile Sally Ann did this with no criticism”. So? I can’t hold this person accountable because of what that person did?

I get wanting to protect black women. But I call a spade a spade. I don’t hold back criticisms of NFL players when they play bad because “man I bet white people are being extra mean to him on Twitter if I’m being critical”

There’s a fine line that most sane people balance. And if we start the “we shouldn’t hold ______ accountable because the MAGA trolls will rip them” then soon motherfukkas just gonna hide behind that whenever they screw up.

As for Greg Logan...cmon bruh. Yeah he’s getting heat but no one knows who Greg Logan is. He doesn’t have the ESPN machine behind him raising his platform. Greg Logan can have his voting privileges revoked tomorrow and no one will care because no one knows who he is. Having a platform like ESPN automatically gives you more eyes on you.

If Skip Bayless sent in the same ballot as Maria he’d receive just as bad vitriol albeit from different forms of trash talk.

Bottom line is the point you’re speaking for we all get. Everyone understands social media is a cesspool of racists, sexists, and trolls. Many of us choose not to let that be a shield for whenever someone is deserving of being held accountable though. Cuz trust me white women STAY hiding behind the “but I’m a woman :sadcam:" excuse when they fukk up and I stay on their asses as if that absolves them of their fukk ups.

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The issue is that Greg Logan's ballot is FAR worse than hers. There's not just some accidental omission, those are just insanely stupid picks across the entire ballot.

Yet you know as a fact that because she's a Black woman, she's gonna take far more derogatory abuse on social media than he ever will.

It's one of those things where I WANT to call the person out, but would be smart enough to hold my tongue once I thought through for just 5 seconds what the consequences would be. Of course anyone who wants to know will find out on their own. So what good does it do to amplify it and wake up the trolls?

GamerGate trolls literally created Candace Owens and we want to pretend this shyt doesn't have consequences.
U right. But jemele simple ass highlighted it even more and made it worst. Telling that man he should not tweeted public information lol

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Real world shyt will be going on forever...but the fact that you can't go see your favorite team play due to a pandemic hasn't been going on forever. The fact that most sane people are afraid to hug their parents right now because they don't want to...nevermind. Enjoy your evening breh.
Haha. I hug my parents every time. Life is short as fukk to not give my parents love while they are here. I take precautions and am good and so are they. If you miss out on hugging your parents, that’s on you.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
He knew what he was doing.

Exactly.

Yall she is wrong. She also admitted she was.

When the dude took it further and asked why she even has a vote is when people were like wtf? Unlike 80% of the cacs who vote with no hoops background, she has a background. Any time players or past players bring up the lack of playing experience these cac reporters have, they all band together and go off (remember Jalen vs Skip), but now those people are targeting her? They don't feel she is worthy of a vote. Nah, that's some sly bs. fukk them.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If we gonna compare roasts then yeah, no black woman should ever get held accountable because they will always have it the worst.

I never take the “well look at what this person is doing over there” rhetoric when discussing someone/something. It’s always been a weak argument to me. It’s like people saying “Oh you’re worried about Lori Loughlin meanwhile Sally Ann did this with no criticism”. So? I can’t hold this person accountable because of what that person did?

I get wanting to protect black women. But I call a spade a spade. I don’t hold back criticisms of NFL players when they play bad because “man I bet white people are being extra mean to him on Twitter if I’m being critical”

There’s a fine line that most sane people balance. And if we start the “we shouldn’t hold ______ accountable because the MAGA trolls will rip them” then soon motherfukkas just gonna hide behind that whenever they screw up.

As for Greg Logan...cmon bruh. Yeah he’s getting heat but no one knows who Greg Logan is. He doesn’t have the ESPN machine behind him raising his platform. Greg Logan can have his voting privileges revoked tomorrow and no one will care because no one knows who he is. Having a platform like ESPN automatically gives you more eyes on you.

If Skip Bayless sent in the same ballot he’d receive just as bad vitriol albeit from different forms of trash talk.

Bottom line is the point you’re speaking for we all get. Everyone understands social media is a cesspool of racists, sexists, and trolls. Many of us choose not to let that be a shield for whenever someone is deserving of being held accountable though. Cuz trust me white women STAY hiding behind the “but I’m a woman :sadcam:“ excuse when they fukk up and I stay on their asses as if that absolves them of their fukk ups.

I know you young fools think social media is all there is to life but you can't be this dumb.

It's been pretty well established that posting shyt to social media is a piss-poor way to "hold someone accountable." What do you want, you want her to be fired? She's LESS likely to be fired now than she was before the trolls started. So what do you want, a bunch of racist and sexist insults thrown in her direction? Well great, you got what you wanted.

Literally everyone who could hold her accountable already knew her vote before it was posted to social media. In fact, literally everyone who actually cares which media person votes for which player was able to look it up already. So all this shyt did was but a battery into the back of casuals who otherwise couldn't even give a fukk to look it up themselves but think online trolling is cool. And that was helpful because....?

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I know you young fools think social media is all there is to life but you can't be this dumb.

It's been pretty well established that posting shyt to social media is a piss-poor way to "hold someone accountable." What do you want, you want her to be fired? She's LESS likely to be fired now than she was before the trolls started. So what do you want, a bunch of racist and sexist insults thrown in her direction? Well great, you got what you wanted.

Literally everyone who could hold her accountable already knew her vote before it was posted to social media. In fact, literally everyone who actually cares which media person votes for which player was able to look it up already. So all this shyt did was but a battery into the back of casuals who otherwise couldn't even give a fukk to look it up themselves but think online trolling is cool. And that was helpful because....?
I’m 32 and ironically always arguing that “there’s social media and then there’s the real world” but if your instant, quick go to response is “You're young and dumb and putting all your eggs into social media” then there’s no point of this discussion because you already have your predetermined state of mind.

Edit: but just because social media isn’t the be all end all doesn’t mean it’s not a very powerful tool for discussion. The original reporter put out public information. In a perfect world, Maria would have explained herself and everyone could keep it moving. But every discussion on social media will get littered with trolls, that doesn’t mean it still isn’t worth discussing. I literally said in this thread I think Maria is smart and should continue to have a vote. I also think she can be held accountable on social media. But again, there’s no point in discussion because you can’t even do this now without name calling.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like maria but this just shows that media folks do not need to have a vote for these awards.

Who can forget the ass hole boston reporter who voted for melo as MVP over Lebron. If i remember he was the lone person that prevented lebron from getting the unanimous MVP award.

Now its not that lebron didn't get unanimous MVP. Its the fact that this clown voted for melo and just made up a bunch of shyt why. When we know for a fact he pulled Melo from out his ass and voted for him out of spite.

We also got folks like michelle beedle who had an NBA awards vote out of the 101 total voters (she was replaced by maria taylor this year as a voter) But there are only 3 ex players with votes (jon barry, jalen rose and greg anthony). Not to mention that ESPN has 23 out of the 101 voters on the NBA awards voting list.

There is definitely something wrong with this picture.

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I mean when the voting is transparent and do something egregious whether it was a mistake or not. People gonna look at it and come to you for reasoning. Remember that dude who voted Melo for MVP over Lebron keeping him from being the first unanimous MVP. It’s 2020 so everything on social media.