Fans getting on Maria Taylor for not voting AD on her All-NBA ballot

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea I seen the ballots and after seeing them i was tryin to figure whats the criteria for who gets to vote. Who picks the voters and why basically. Just seemed weird that like say Jalen would get a vote but not Kenny when they both got the same job and Kenny been doing it on TNT for alot longer

Its a joke that what 3 or 4 former players even have a vote.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I’m 32 and ironically always arguing that “there’s social media and then there’s the real world” but if your instant, quick go to response is “I’m young and dumb and putting all my eggs into social media” then there’s no point of this discussion because you already have your predetermined state of mind.

Edit: but just because social media isn’t the be all end all doesn’t mean it’s not a very powerful tool for discussion. The original reporter put out public information. In a perfect world, Maria would have explained herself and everyone could keep it moving. But every discussion on social media will get littered with trolls, that doesn’t mean it still isn’t worth discussing. I literally said in this thread I think Maria is smart and should continue to have a vote. I also think she can be held accountable on social media. But again, there’s no point in discussion because you can’t even do this now without name calling.
You're the one who claimed that I didn't want her held accountable because I didn't think social media was the right forum. If you don't to give the impression that you think social media is the end-all, then don't misrepresent my arguments like that.

If you're 32 you know ain't no shyt like this gonna get a serious discussion on Twitter especially if you mocking a Black woman for a sports opinion.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean when the voting is transparent and do something egregious whether it was a mistake or not. People gonna look at it and come to you for reasoning. Remember that dude who voted Melo for MVP over Lebron keeping him from being the first unanimous MVP. It’s 2020 so everything on social media.

Yep and I just mentioned it.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:how do you leave AD off all 3 all NBA teams???? fukk doug gottlieb and IDC if she a man or a woman but thats a pretty bad mistake

Sidenote......anyone know how do they pick who gets to vote for the all NBA teams and MVP and shyt? like why they dont got shaq kenny charles Cwebb Reggie as voters but they do got Jalen and Dennis Scott and Marv and Greg Anthony and EJ?

Wait I thought it was first team. She left him off all 3 Teams? :mjlol:

She deserves all the hate :yeshrug:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
You're the one who claimed that I didn't want her held accountable because I didn't think social media was the right forum. If you don't to give the impression that you think social media is the end-all, then don't misrepresent my arguments like that.

If you're 32 you know ain't no shyt like this gonna get a serious discussion on Twitter especially if you mocking a Black woman for a sports opinion.
But the original tweet was not mocking a black woman. Again, ANY discussion on social media between people with a large following is liable to get infiltrated with trolls.

The same way I’ve seen powerful, impactful discussion happen on social media when it comes to much more important topics like racial equality get littered with MAGA trolls. Just because those trolls butt in doesn’t mean the impactful and change evoking discussion wasn’t necessary and didn’t provide positive dialogue.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is Doug Gottliebs tweet correct?

studio host/sideline reporter first year covering the league and gets to vote for awards? :wtf:

if thats true the NBA is a joke

Yep beadle had the vote last year but since maria took over the NBA show she now has beadle vote. Cassidy hubbart has had a vote for some years as well. But other folks like malika andrews doesn't have a vote.

Its all BS in my opinion.

SuaveyBoi115

All Star
Daps
All the Lakeset BGs gon tag her mentions up
6ObeVz9.png
Bruh you and these Laker smileys got me weak :deadrose:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Nah, I bet if it had come out that the person that tweeted this had told Maria they thought to put it out but wasn’t gonna do it because she’s a woman you’d get some kinda bird brainer shea butter response about how that’s a display of toxic patriarchy. :skip:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did Ramona Shelburne get half this much heat when she went on national TV and admitted to voting on awards based purely on narrative? Asking for a friend.

Can't remember if she did but I can believe it and thats my issue. 23 of the 101 voters are folks who work for ESPN. Thats an absolute conflict of interest IMO due to how ESPN runs narratives and its in their best interest to run with a narrative for ratings.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's the difference between voting Bron as MVP, which is respectable, against leaving a top 5 player off every All-NBA Team :unimpressed:

So in other words it’s ok to use shytty ass logic to pick winners as long as they pick the person we want them to. It’s the same logic that LeBron literally complained about last night.

So much for outrage being all about integrity :francis:

And I’m not saying Maria didn’t fukk up and should get a pass, it’s just funny to me how people pick and choose.